• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE SummerSlam 2017 |OT| We Will Heel

Apart from the main event this card is the worst in years. Takeover surprised but I don't think the main roster has it in them. The best thing about tonight is that SummerFest is out of the way to make room for the MYC. I also hope they book Survivor Series similar to last year with a heavy Raw vs. Smackdown angle, that'll make for some interesting weekly shows.

This post could pretty much be made for almost every post-Takeover main roster event.

ReiGun

The Miz, The Hardys, The Usos, and the New Day all on the preshow, but Cass vs Show makes the main card.
scust.png

Hasney

Cas and Show actually get people to tune into Raw quarter hours.

I can see why. While everything else on RAM is bad, Cass and Show have been so bad that you almost have to tell a friend to turn it on to witness just how bad a segment is. It's special in that way.

Bronx-Man

Banned
It's not even the shit card that makes me weary, it's that this is going to be a combined six hours tonight. Jesus christ, who wants to see that much wrestling in one sitting?

Like most wwe ppvs in the last year or more, only half of the card looks good on paper.

Hoping for good things from:
Cesaro/Shamoose vs. 2 thirds Shield
Bliss vs. The Boss
Owens vs. Styles
Neville vs. Tozawa
Finn vs. Bray
Nakamura beating Jinder
Main event if Joe wins

Hex

Banned
They get bumped over big cass and the womens matches

I have a feeling that they are hoping that they can actually get some heat on Cass since it is New York and do not want it lost on the pre-show.

Spoiler
New York doesn't care either way about Cass

H1PSTER

Can we post possible spoilers? Because this is a possible spoiler for the main event, granted I'm speculating but part of it is true.

With Taker being in Brooklyn does anyone else think he will end up costing Roman the title tonight?

Hex

Banned
Can we post possible spoilers? Because this is a possible spoiler for the main event, granted I'm speculating but part of it is true.

With Taker being in Brooklyn does anyone else think he will end up costing Roman the title tonight?

It is possible, but to be honest it may be just the fact that his therapist is in that area (one of the main ones that the WWE uses).
I mean can they start something like that and never have a payoff? And I do not think anyone wants to see Taker in the ring again.

Expecting both tag matches to be low key best matches

Styles/Owens has run its course on me and its a gimmick match anyway, bound to be screwey

Oops. And the main event too*

Like before, close your eyes, picture the scene and go back to 2015. If I had told you Samoa Joe - who was in NXT at the time - would go on to become a main event player in WWE's main roster when it seemed like his ceiling was NXT at most, you would laugh.

Great OP other than this nonsense. Joe was clearly main event worthy in 2015.

We're meeting my brother's girlfriend for the first time tonight.

He's bringing her over.

To watch SummerSlam.

She doesn't watch wrestling.

So watch a bit of wrestling, then watch Twin Peaks, then go back to the wrestling. PROBLEM SOLVED MY BOY.

H1PSTER

It is possible, but to be honest it may be just the fact that his therapist is in that area (one of the main ones that the WWE uses).
I mean can they start something like that and never have a payoff? And I do not think anyone wants to see Taker in the ring again.

I hope that is the case; it would be for the best if he just stayed "dead", I only want to ever see him again at the HoF

Punk will show up, make everyone mark out. Then be shit in 3 months.

I'd mark for it.

I will not be watching but will check Wade Keller's report. WWE has killed it for me lately and I likely will not be back until Mania next year. I am very thankful for Kayfabe Commentaries.

Couldn't listen to it, dude is too out of tune.

He admits he's terrible at it at the end. The lyrics are pretty good though.

A darkness hovers over the ring tonight
No Straight Edge Morality
All Pipebombs have been silenced
No Cult of Personality.

Frustrations Mounting His Fire Burns Inside
Couldn't keep it in, Heyman knows he tried!

Don't tweet at him, just leave him be
He Quit Wrestling, Married AJ Lee
Stop, don't pop, cause he won't show
and, now you know!

Let him go, let him go
Don't chant for him anymore
Let him go, let him go
CM Punk walked out the door!

He don't care
What you have to say
CM Punk is gone,
The smarks never bothered him anyway!

It's funny how Punk Leaving
Makes Us Question Why?
Its Time For Us To Move On
And Like A New Heyman Guy!

Won't See Another Title Reign
4 - 3 - 4 Was Just In Vein
No match, no mania, no Ice Cream, No theme!

Let him go, let him go
Phil Brooks is Now His Name
Let him go, let him go
Rather be at a Blackhawks Game

Chicago Is
Where he'll stay
CM Punk is gone!

Maybe he's better off if we leave him alone
Not betting on PM Monk in the iMPACT zone!
No one expected his career would end this fast
He's never going back, the past is in the past

Let him go, let him go
He wants to Stay Home In Bed
Let him go, let him go
Enthusiast of The Walking Dead!

You don't have
To Follow Me
CM Punk is Gone,
The smarks never bothered him anyway!

Beefy

He admits he's terrible at it at the end. The lyrics are pretty good though.

I agree on the stop chanting. Punk has been talking to WWE recently though according to various people. It won't be Summerslam, but I reckon in two yrs he will be back. Dude fucked up by thinking he can do UFC.

sora87

Only match I'm really excited for is Owens and Styles, but they'll get like 15 minutes max no doubt and Shane will be involved in some fuckery ending.

Good luck following last night lmao.

Ha, we always know the main roster has no chance of living up to it after a takeover, because of how toned down it is

Renkax

Hey guys total noob WWE event question but where can i find out another event of theirs coming to nyc or PA again?

Top Bottom