• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NEW, FINAL Wii's Interface Screens

SumGamer

I dont really like the Home menu :(
Does it need to have only two huge buttons? What about in game menu?

I have one unrelate question. If there are more than one people playing the game together. One of them decide to stop and press the power button on the remote, what's gonna happen?

SumGamer said:
I dont really like the Home menu :(
Does it need to have only two huge buttons? What about in game menu?

I have one unrelate question. If there are more than one people playing the game together. One of them decide to stop and press the power button on the remote, what's gonna happen?

The home menu is basically just like the little 360 dashboard that appears on the side of the screen on 360. You won't be seeing that much, and probably not for that long.

Tadaima

Of course the buttons are huge. Wtf, guys.

You need to point a remote at these things with minimal effort. 10 pixel high buttons won't quite cut it this time around, as much as you'd love them.

impirius

wii8.JPG

...dammit.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
impirius said:
wii8.JPG

...dammit.

What did you expect? I'd rather have it at system start up than before each game though. There's always the hope that it'll be removed with a timely homebrew system flash, ala the DS and DSL! :D

SumGamer

TheGreatDave said:
The home menu is basically just like the little 360 dashboard that appears on the side of the screen on 360. You won't be seeing that much, and probably not for that long.

That's quite comforting to hear. Thanks.

PoliceCop

Banned
Tathanen said:
YEP DEFINITELY NEED SOME OF THOSE NEXT-GEN MENUS.

God, shut the **** up.

Oh. I didn't realize wanting shader technologies made me a terrible human being. Forgive me for my trespasses.

JCBossman

Banned
argon said:
I don't think it really has to do with SD. The pages are laid out in order of importance. You don't want grandma accidentally clicking "Format System Memory" when she wants to set the sound settings.

Yes, because Grandma is going to be swiveling around her artifical hip, with the wiiremote and doesn't need to worry about other distractions

Rhindle

They wouldn't have gone any more bland and uninspired if they tried.

It's a game system, Nintendo, not a microwave.

Saoh

Alien Bob said:
I believe you're never supposed to shut it off, remember?

well, i have to turn off my DS Lite every single time i change something.

every single time... god -_-

but i ask again: I WONDER WHAT THE LANGUAGE OPTION IS FOR?? could that be a PAL wii? because i dont get it.. if the Wii is region locked....

Saoh said:
well, i have to turn off my DS Lite every single time i change something.

every single time... god -_-

but i ask again: I WONDER WHAT THE LANGUAGE OPTION IS FOR?? could that be a PAL wii? because i dont get it.. if the Wii is region locked....

It's a French site, so it's possible. But couldn't a US Wii have French, English and Spanish all in there?

But yeah, lets start the region free dissapointmenton again.

Saoh

TheGreatDave said:
It's a French site, so it's possible. But couldn't a US Wii have French, English and Spanish all in there?

weeelllll.... i dont really wanna go there, since that would bring the regions discussion back.

so, yeah, lets all assume its a PAL wii.

loosus

Banned
This looks very, very dull. I wonder what happened to the company who led the way in presentation with some of its Nintendo 64 games. GameCube and forward are just totally opposite, and it shows in this interface.

It's not going to make or break the deal, but it does look shitty.

Saoh said:
weeelllll.... i dont really wanna go there, since that would bring the regions discussion back.

so, yeah, lets all assume its a PAL wii.

Although the health and safety screen does link to a US site...don't the European games usually have a European link on them?

*Jumps on the train*

xaosslug

Mejilan said:
So you can easily point and click from the comfort of your couch 10 feet away, maybe?

oh, it's point 'n' click? I didn't know that, had thought it would act as a tv remote when doing such mundane tasks.

typo said:
I'd laugh if you had to reset the system every time you make a system change.

It's every time you save changes with the DS, not every time you make one. Which means there's no reason for you to ever have to restart more than once, seeing as there's pretty much **** all to customise.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
xaosslug said:
oh, it's point 'n' click? I didn't know that, had thought it would act as a tv remote when doing such mundane tasks.

I would imagine that we'll be using the wiimote to navigate the OS. Hence the large, bubbly buttons everywhere. Much like we use the stylus, primarily, to navigate the DS' OS.

Its ok, hard to really mess up such a simple desgin. Its made for the masses so they needed to go a little Lowest Common Demoninator

santouras

TheGreatDave said:
Although the health and safety screen does link to a US site...don't the European games usually have a European link on them?

*Jumps on the train*

yeah, pal systems link to nintendo-europe.com, methinks this is a US wii. Don't you crazy people in north america speak spanish and french in some places? Pretty sure I've heard rumours of that before.

Top Bottom