• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NEW, FINAL Wii's Interface Screens

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Mr. TV Goggles said:
Why would it have a DVD channel?
so you can watch a ****ing dvd MOVIE. It's the same size and everything. God, nintendo are stupid, imagine if every woman in a house that wanted to watch their Gilmore girls dvd had to move the wand around a little to start the dvd, they would be inclined to look at one of the other channels, probably one where you dress up a little character.

Shortly after that they would probably even try a GAME.

Stupid nintendo, stupid stupid.

catfish said:
so you can watch a ****ing dvd MOVIE. It's the same size and everything. God, nintendo are stupid, imagine if every woman in a house that wanted to watch their Gilmore girls dvd had to move the wand around a little to start the dvd, they would be inclined to look at one of the other channels, probably one where you dress up a little character.

Stupid nintendo, stupid stupid.

doesn't everyone already have a DVD player?
Especially now VHS is dead.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
DefectiveReject said:

i'm thinking from the perspective of a man trying to get his gf to play games.

"hey let's put this dvd player in our room, cause this also plays dvds....

it's a minor, but I can't believe they didn't think of it for the "grab lot's of non gamers" thing they are striving for.

8bit

Knows the Score
DefectiveReject said:

Doesn't everyone have several DVD players? I've got about 10 different devices at home capable of playing DVDs, and I barely watch any movies.

Fredrik

DefectiveReject said:
Most people do, but most people don't have a TV with lots of video input connectors. Since they now might have to unplug the Wii to see DVD on a stand alone DVD player they might leave it unplugged and Nintendo's plan to have the whole family using the Wii for more than just games will fail.

catfish said:

it's a minor, but I can't believe they didn't think of it for the "grab lot's of non gamers" thing they are striving for.

oh get a dvd player will yeah? :lol

catfish said:

I think the Wheather Channel and the News Channel do a better job at getting nongamers to use the Wii than a DVD Channel would. Why would people use an unfamiliar device over their trusted DVD player?

maxmars

westical said:
Why use the Wii to look up the weather or news when there's a window or the internet?

Because the other devices who can access the internet may be

a) not in the room (e.g. families with TVs in the dining room and PCs in another room)

b) too complicated to use for some family members

c) too slow in booting up / logging in for mundane tasks like checking the news / weather

dannie

even you boot up the Wii~~~the menu icon will tell you Wheather in your place today

in Wheather Channel you can play with a 3D earth~~seeing the world realtime Wheather

psy18

catfish said:

If my gf want to watch dvd on my wii I will tell her to buy a ****in dvd player because i want to PLAY with my wii.:lol
Non gamers might just think it's "Just another dvd player. With games."
But that's just me.

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
Looks plain and...well...white? :p
It goes in line with the design choice they seem to aim for with Wii. White (as "cowardly" as the color may appear from a design point of view IMO) seems to be the trendy color nowadays, so they're probably going down a good path here. As long as the UI is functional, it's cool with me.

Saoh said:
oh god, i hope Nintendo NEVERS thinks of that again. ugh.... no -_-;

I held the Z button upon starting up the GC the other day...wish I didn't.

The interface is incredibly simple, but that's the best path for Nintendo to take. Most of you by now should know of what Nintendo is trying to achieve, and this interface assist their aim, even if it is decidely barren.

dannie said:
bad capture pic~ and why it only have disc channel?
wiis2_02.jpg

My guess would be it's a fresh boot. I bet all the consoles will look like that when you first get it. Once you insert/download games and connect to the Internet, it should look like what we saw in the other pics you posted.

catfish said:
God, nintendo are stupid

Yeah...

Maybe down the road Nintendo will do a firmware update that will allow us to customize the interface.

Mejilan said:
It was an easter egg! One of two, at that!

I think it was more like an alternate functionality when using the console with small children they just never really promoted...

A second one, huh? Have to check that out.

Top Bottom