• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No US SNES Classic Pre-order for now due to missing FCC Approval

YuShtink

I got mine in really early and my card was charged, but didn't get an e-mail confirmation yet. Not going to get my hopes too high.

BriGuy

I got a confirmation email immediately, and this was 2 minutes before it went out of stock.
Well now I'm concerned. I used the Walmart app and the order is listed as processing there, so it's in the system at least. I hope. I got it in like 5 minutes into the sale so we'll see.

Edit:
Dammit I'm stupid. I was checking the wrong email account. The confirmation email has been sitting there for like 45 minutes already.

NR1

I got the "Your product is back in stock at Walmart.com" email and was floored when I saw it was for the SNES Classic. Got 1 on order thanks to my friend back home. Saw it was posted by Wario here on NeoGAF and I knew they would be gone fast.

I got an email saying order is being processed....but I placed mine a good 10 minutes before it went out of stock. Hopeful it goes through? Did people who order get more than just Processing?

It was limited to two per order. Not per account.
Oooooh. Didn't notice difference.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
What's wrong with my comment? Is talking about scalpers against TOS now?

While it's not specifically against the site's TOS, it doesn't add anything meaningful to the conversation. This is especially true for a stock alert thread after the item has already gone out of stock.

Can you make the thread? It's certainly worth having a discussion about now. Please.

It's be awesome if we could have a thread set up so we could talk about it with clear rules in the first post. :)

I might put something together give me a few minutes

NeOak

I got an email saying order is being processed....but I placed mine a good 10 minutes before it went out of stock. Hopeful it goes through? Did people who order get more than just Processing?

No, because the next step is Shipped.

I might put something together give me a few minutes

I was already working on something, but if you are going to list rules you might as well and make it so they are more "official"

rje

I got a confirmation email form walmart and an order email from paypal, so I know it processed - now the only thing to worry about is whether or not they cancel batches of orders.

LiK

I don't believe the cancellation reports unless our own Gaffers are canceled. Can't trust some people making shit up to scare others.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
I go to my order in about 5 minutes after it went live, and I got a confirmation email. Am I still in danger of it being cancelled? Used PayPal

I got a confirmation email form walmart and an order email from paypal, so I know it processed - now the only thing to worry about is whether or not they cancel batches of orders.

Wow. Duh. Yeah. Checked my PayPal email and the order amount was submitted. Thanks for reminding me lol.

I don't believe the cancellation reports unless our own Gaffers are canceled. Can't trust some people making shit up to scare others.

Seriously, if any order will be canceled it will be mine. I literally did the order and then the tweet from Wario came in that it was OOS like 30 seconds later. I'll keep you posted.

Merrydeath

Damn. I was on the phone when this happened..
Got the alert and it was too late.
Damn.
But this means BB and Amazon will be up soon.
Its going to be a Long weekend.

maty

My preorder was inmediately cancelled just after receiving the confirmation email. They said they couldn't verify my payment information :´(

Those shipping dates are accurate by the way. I pre-ordered the Switch from Wal-mart FOR PICKUP and mine wasn't ready until 3 days after it launched. So yeah...

eXMomoj

Mine says arrives BY Oct 5th. I think they gave themselves some wiggle room just in case, but the page did way it would ship Sept. 29th I believe with free 2 day shipping.

cordy

Banned
Given this went through, how does this look for Amazon and Gamestop? Anyone remember when they put their preorders up last year once one started theirs?

Oreoleo

Given this went through, how does this look for Amazon and Gamestop? Anyone remember when they put their preorders up last year once one started theirs?

I think I remember reading Target was the only retailer to do US preorder for the NES mini? Maybe someone else can confirm/deny.

BriGuy

If I remember right, they all more or less fell in line within hours or at most a day or two after the first retailer pulled the trigger. That's no guarantee the same thing will happen this time though. I'm still kind of incredulous that these Walmart orders are legit and not the result of some blunder on their end.

gafneo

Banned
Selling stuff at 11 at night. Nintendo thinks families that play E-Rated games and use parental controls are up at these hours?

Amazon was a big clusterfuck. They sent an email a few days prior about pre orders going up on a Friday I think at like 4pm PST. Shit crashed immediately

Top Bottom