• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No US SNES Classic Pre-order for now due to missing FCC Approval

Damn it GAf, it seems we Americans are going to wait a bit longer for a chance to preorder the SNES classic

The reason the pre-orders for the SNES Classic pre-order did not start in the United States could be just this.
Every electronic device sold in the United States needs to get a FCC approval, including the new SNES Classic. The FCC logo certifies that the electromagnetic interference from the device is under limits approved by the Federal Communications Commission. Getting FCC approval before announcing a new product is likely leading to advanced leak.

This is why companies decide to start the process of getting FCC approval after the unveil of a new product. Most recent example for this is the Xbox One X. Microsoft unveiled the new powerful Xbox console at the E3 2017. The Xbox One X will ship on November 7. Because there is no FCC approval yet, Microsoft and its retail partners are not offering the Xbox One X for pre-order.

It is out of Microsoft's hands when the FCC approval comes through. The Xbox One X announcement was on June 11. An FCC approval doesn't come through in a matter of days. It is weeks and possible months. It is likely the same situation for Nintendo. Therefore the pre-order for the SNES Classic will at the earliest happen end of July.

https://www.i4u.com/2017/06/123553/no-snes-classic-pre-order-because-fcc-approval-missing

KevinG

Why the spoiler tag?

Also, this article reads more like speculation, but I don't know how to search for something being FCC approved to investigate.

robrueda

Somebody please keep an eye on the FCC so I can stop refresh my browser every 2 minutes looking for pre-orders to appear.

Objection, speculation no hard proof or evidence to sustain claims that pre-orders are more than a month away.
This a desperate attempt for the OP to secure all snes classics for himself.
I am trusting no one, just my F5 skills

Objection, speculation no hard proof or evidence to sustain claims that pre-orders are more than a month away.

xbox one X was announced 3 weeks ago, and no preorders yet due to lack of FCC approval, so we are extrapolating here, but it is fair to say we won't have it for at leas 3-4 weeks.

sorry boy

So the FCC won't let me be!

Or let me be me?

seems odd, surely a Pre-order is just an intention to purchase a product when and IF it is released? and a potential product can be listed for pre-order regardless, otherwise how would Kickstarter work? or any other retail company that allow you to register your interest in advance, they are basically pre-order scenarios

That's what they want you to think
The FCC gonna buy all the snes classics to resell 👀

Haha it's really going to be put up online on its release date , welp

Shiggy

xbox one X was announce 3 weeks ago, and no preorders yet due to lack of FCC approval, so we are extrapolating here, but it is fair to say we won't have it for at leas 3-4 weeks.

sorry boy

There are no XBox One X preorders in Europe either. It doesn't seem to be down to just FCC approval.

Stopdoor

Am I crazy, or hasn't there been no indication they'll do preorders for this? Seems like it's following the NES Classic pattern pretty closely and retailers will probably be even more hesitant to make false commitments.

Everyone seems so sure they'll open floodgates any day now. Is it just because the seem to be doing preorders in the EU?

Am I crazy, or hasn't there been no indication they'll do preorders for this? Seems like it's following the NES Classic pattern pretty closely and retailers will probably be even more hesitant to make false commitments.

Everyone seems so sure they'll open floodgates any day now. Is it just because the seem to be doing preorders in the EU?

I'm with you.

I believe Best Buy confirmed there would be preorders, they just don't know when yet.

spectator

So, why have some other consoles gone up for pre-order more immediately after their announcement? And how come the NES Classic never did?

It's a nice hope, OP, but I don't think the evidence bears it out.

Fucking Trump.

uF9MjJo3QIaijySXC4iL_Confused%20Christian%20Bale.gif

Saganator

Has the FCC been gutted like some other federal govt departments? Hopefully it's not sitting on an empty desk waiting for approval.

Thaedolus

Has the FCC been gutted like some other federal govt departments? Hopefully it's not sitting on an empty desk waiting for approval.

That's the first thing that I thought. I'm in an industry that requires FDA clearances to market new products and we're really concerned what this admin is going to do to our review times if they slash budgets.

Minions

I think its more likely that there are no preorders since Nintendo probably told retailers they would hold back shipments if they had preorders before they approve them. That is my gut feeling about it anyway.... NoA......

muteki

If true: get your shit together nintendo. At this point though I just think they are holding off on telling retailers how much stock to expect, therefore no preorders.

Top Bottom