• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTD| Oh, you're reading manga? How cute...

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
what did you see

the spoilers i read
They never swap back.

Yui in Yuuta commits suicide.

Yuuta in Yui settles and becomes a mother. He wonders, in the last few pages, if he could have done more to save Yui, if he just had fount the right words at the right moment..

Life goes on, as "her" kid plays around with another kid.

real life is depressing enough as it is without reading this

jonjonaug

the spoilers i read
They never swap back.

Yuuta in Yui settles and becomes a mother. He wonders, in the last few pages, if he could have done more to save Yui, if he just had fount the right words at the right moment..

I believe this was the plot of the original version of the story that was self-published. The version being published through Comic Polaris hasn't gotten this far yet (and is much expanded, I think the original story was only four chapters long), so things could turn out differently.

But what makes Bitter Change special is that instead of using the magical gender swap for your typical fish out of water, pervy hijinks it tells a story about gender dysphoria instead. So sometimes it can get pretty depressing.

caliph95

Naruto Fairy TailBlack Clover binge
You know it's no OP, HxH or FMABor even MHA but it's a enjoyable shonen for what it is especially when you're bored and want something simple to read and is not feeling incredibly picky. plus i like the artstyle and the setting and the magic and such is the kinda thing i expected and wanted from FT still don't care much for Naruto Natsu Asta

I like MHA and fast paced series but a lot of these moments don't feel earned because there is little build up

Edit: Now we magi nnow huh

Usobuko

Banned
the spoilers i read
They never swap back.

ok, i'm in.

I hope the execution is sublime.

I believe this was the plot of the original version of the story that was self-published. The version being published through Comic Polaris hasn't gotten this far yet (and is much expanded, I think the original story was only four chapters long), so things could turn out differently.

But what makes Bitter Change special is that instead of using the magical gender swap for your typical fish out of water, pervy hijinks it tells a story about gender dysphoria instead. So sometimes it can get pretty depressing.
Just started reading this. Yup, don't expect this to be so serious. Now I am interested to see the original version, it's translated anyway?

upandaway

are you talking about pupa? Dangit bass Why would your mind go there, I was so sure I forgot about it

1uGTL27.jpg

Tomo-chan ch.581-582
You taught her how to swing one way Jun, you can do it again.

Engaged to the Unidentified Vol.7 Ch.4
The tables have turned now, Benio~

Ayame and Amane
You know, for as much as I've heard about Douman Seiman and how weird his stuff, I was surprised to find this to be a relatively normal kind of yuri manga...

...At least at the start. Even with how tame it is, there's still a lot of "what the fuck" to be had with reading this.

I guess at this point it's time to dive down the Douman Seiman hole in earnest.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Make it a cooking manga

Wasn't there already a series where a loving sister ate her brother body horror style?

Pupa and Fire Punch!

http://imgur.com/a/5dSFO [NSFW because eating ass i guess)

Arasa Quest (around thirty quest) 1-2

From the mangaka that made kingdom heart manga, comes the tales about 4 female adventurer, 32 y.o wizard (Sexy nerd type, avoiding sex by putting magic sleep on her partner), 34 y.o elf (loli), 22 y.o barbarian (MUSCLE! MUSCLE! MUSCLE!), and 28 y.o rogue/thief (has fiancee, but pure as fuck) who try to find love in between venturing unexplored land or dungeon.
The world building is strange to say the least, during the adventure part, everything looks medieval, but during slice of live, they show convenience store, a cat litter, modern furniture, alarm clock etc.
I find it to be quite funny, with the wizard being thirsty as fuck trying to score a guy.
Also, the guy in the cover? He didn't really do anything, for now.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Watari-kun

Ten chapters in and it seems like this series is about 3 yanderes. Somehow Satsuki might be the least creepy one.

Numb

Boku no Kanojo ga Majime Sugiru Shojo Bitch na Ken 1- 41

I usually skip long ass names after the first three words and read if the cover art is not shit
should have read this title and seen the bitch part -_-
Basically MC is the straight man to his GF and every other girl's lewdness

the spoilers i read

:(

I started to look into it last night but didn't see it due to the current version not being at such a point so i was gonna ask for receipts LOL.

What you said would explain it but man that outcome is pretty fucked while at the same time could sadly be a position i could see being taken given the current scenario.

Now it might be best to wait until the serialization is done or something before diving in.

Zweizer

Banned
Tomo-chan wa Onna no ko! ch582

Yeah, be more thorough in your explanations!

A Room For Two ch16

Slacking off is an art.
No broken sandal or getting lost. Seems like it was a perfectly smooth festival for once.

Kingdom ch522

At least Kisui isn't just rolling over. Mouten's performance has really been deceptively impressive.

Rikei ga Koi ni Ochita no de Shoumeishitemita ch7

Childhood friends are nice.

So op. She should participate in EVO.

Murenase! Shiiton Gakuen ch29

I agree, Meimei's initiative is way more interesting.

Witch Hat Atelier ch4

Off to a good start. Agete is such a jerk still.

Rokudou no Onna-tachi ch39

Oh my. Rokudou is in for a good time.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
It also makes me laugh that in these generic rom-coms the main girl that MC is going after is usually so hot that random background characters are standing around saying "holy shit that girl is so hot" as though people actually stand around looking at 16 year olds saying shit like that.

Angry Grimace

Watari-kun 10-20

Satsuki obviously best girl, but this dude and his entire harem are completely fucking insane.

Satsuki's legitimately a goddamn nutcase.

Ishihara's obsession with Watari is based on the flimsiest fucking reasons and her entire character takes the whole "Perfect Japanese Flower" (aka Yamato Nadeshiko) trope way too far. I mean, come on, she was too "shy" to tell a dude and everyone around her that she wasn't dating him? That's not being shy, that's being dumb as rocks.

The sister needs to be in serious grief therapy, not having her brother structure his life around giving her what she wants all day.

And MC is the most HAREM PROTAGANIST in the goddamn world - constantly misunderstanding shit, denser than diamond, and for a protagonist of a series that isn't necessarily supposed to comedy, he seems bizarrely uninterested in trying to understand or resolve any of the insane bullshit surrounding his harem. Like, it was beyond obvious she wasn't dating that guy, but he never asks about it and hell, that whole episode seems like a huge fucking red flag. He also never asks Satsuki about her violent mood swings, and doesn't seem to give a shit about her history despite having her show up to his house every day. And his level of putting up with up with his delusional sister is just what the fuck. I get that its going to turn into some kind of shit about the dead parents, but that's not a healthy way to cope.

Edit: Ch. 21-23

This dude's reason for turning down Ishihara make like no fucking sense and for some reason he didn't even explain them to her.

Also this chapter seriously ratcheted up the lewdness - I mean, c'mon keep this obviously NSFW smut out of our mangas:

Also LOL at "we finally held hands" to going out to buy a box of condoms. She's obviously going to try and go farther than Satsuki did to try and make herself "special" but its going to play out the same way it does in every manga. She'll throw herself at him and offer to fuck, and he'll refuse because he'll say its out of character and "not right." Which will of course only make her more delusional and obsessed with him.

phaze

Yes, let the hate flow through you.

Lay off Ishihara though,
she got further
than any other character destined to lose. :p

Houseki no Kuni 1-56

Read it all in the span of 24 hours so I guess it's ... alright ? Maybe more for the off-kilter premise, unique if often sparse or simplistic art and the frequently melancholic mood/atmosphere than any kind of deep characterization or riveting plot. But I guess the mystery of the moon people and Pho's investigation of it was always pretty captivating, I'm just no sure about those groundbreaking revelations in the last few chapters.

Angry Grimace

Yes, let the hate flow through you.

Lay off Ishihara though,
she got further
than any other character destined to lose. :p

Houseki no Kuni 1-56

Read it all in the span of 24 hours so I guess it's ... alright ? Maybe more for the off-kilter premise, unique if often sparse or simplistic art and the frequently melancholic mood/atmosphere than any kind of deep characterization or riveting plot. But I guess the mystery of the moon people and Pho's investigation of it was always pretty captivating, I'm just no sure about those groundbreaking revelations in the last few chapters.

Bullshit. I read GE and losing girl took MC's virginity before getting dumped for winning girl.

phaze

Are we sure that wasn't a hentai ...

But I admit defeat then, the number of harems/rom-coms behind my belt is quite low and I don't remember anyone getting that far.

Angry Grimace

Are we sure that wasn't a hentai ...

But I admit defeat then, the number of harems/rom-coms behind my belt is quite low and I don't remember anyone getting that far.

Lol GE is a little unusual - the author really likes including a lot of sex in her works. GE had a bunch of plotlines revolving around sex, and in her most recent work the MC was having sex in the first panel of the first chapter. Compare Nisekoi, where the last panel of the last chapter was MC getting his first kiss from his fiancee.

(GE was also the series that famously jumped the shark by having MC dump the main girl because because she insisted that the MC should rape her.)

phaze

Lol GE is a little unusual - the author really likes including a lot of sex in her works. GE had a bunch of plotlines revolving around sex, and in her most recent work the MC was having sex in the first panel of the first chapter.

(GE was also the series that famously jumped the shark by having MC dump the main girl because because she insisted that the MC should rape her.)

This is sounding more and more like a hentai by a minute ...

Compare Nisekoi, where the last panel of the last chapter was MC getting his first kiss from his fiancee.

Concealed behind a fkn leaf.

Lexxism

phaze. Try Kimi no Iru Machi. But then again, I don't think this is a romcom.

That was an insane curveball. I was in disbelief when that happened. Like what the hell is the author thinking.

Murenase! Shiiton Gakuen 29
Unfortunately Meimei lacks the essential qualifications for such a demanding role. Based on my expert analysis, Chloe would be most suitable for the position. The president could work as a fallback, providing she could handle the indecency. In other news, my interest in this clubroom showdown is still limited.

Angry Grimace

Umi No Misaki 1-20

Where do I sign up to be the Dragon God of some random cult that has a full harem waiting for me.

Also, Karin went from "fuck this guy" to "I want to fuck this guy" in the span of like 3 chapters.

Umi No Misaki 1-20

Where do I sign up to be the Dragon God of some random cult that has a full harem waiting for me.

Also, Karin went from "fuck this guy" to "I want to fuck this guy" in the span of like 3 chapters.

Have fun when the art style dramatically shifts towards the middle or so; and no its not a good shift in artstyle.

Angry Grimace

don't read kimi no iru machi

distrust anyone who says you should

Articalys

What the hell is even going on in Fuuka anyway? I dropped it after the truck, but apparently since then there's been second Fuuka, the reveal that second Fuuka inadvertently caused the truck to happen, then first Fuuka reappeared but it just turned out to be a crazy stalker imitating her or something, and now what?

Like, what's actually moving the plot forward at this point?

Zweizer

Banned
(NSFW) So, You Like Feet? by Aoi Tiduru

A cute (lewd) story about a tan athletic girl having her feet massaged, and some light foot action towards the end. Pretty tame overall, with some nice clean art.

(NSFW) The Exemplary Student Council President!? by O.p/com

A cute (lewd) story about an extremely uptight council student president and her circumstances, with some dark elf action thrown into the mix. Not too tame, but pretty vanilla otherwise.

(NSFW) So, You Like Feet? by Aoi Tiduru

A cute (lewd) story about a tan athletic girl having her feet massaged, and some light foot action towards the end. Pretty tame overall, with some nice clean art.

(NSFW) The Exemplary Student Council President!? by O.p/com

A cute (lewd) story about an extremely uptight council student president and her circumstances, with some dark elf action thrown into the mix. Not too tame, but pretty vanilla otherwise.

Goddammit Zweizer

i haven't been updated on this in a while

Chase17

Astra Lost in Space 1-34

Viz has this tucked away in the free chapter section. It's very good. Like the main cast a lot, and they are pretty much all given compelling backstories/motives. Sets up good mysteries and all the the reveals so far have been good, especially the major one in the latest couple chapters. Humor is also pretty much on point. The survival tips never get old. Looking forward to seeing where this goes.

Top Bottom