• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Starfield Early Access thread | See That Standard Edition Over There? You Can Upgrade It.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeaDPo0L84

Modders to the rescue...again:

As soon as the second one can be merged with the first we will be good to go.

\

Last edited:

DeaDPo0L84

Help please, feels like this is bugged but not sure...

I am on the "power from beyond Eridani V mission, I got the power but it's still in my quest log as if I need to still obtain it. I tried loading the save to see if it that would push it through but nope, still says "acquire the power".

Topher

Gold Member
CrustyBritches CrustyBritches Just finished the Rangers faction quest line. Yeah, that was pretty awesome. Love the new ship and that massive cargo. I needed that badly. Everything I had that could hold supplies, including Andreja, were maxed out.

extreme hoarding buried alive GIF

Think it is about time I started building an outpost.

I think it was a mistake for them to not include ftl travel in a solar system. Bethesda even put how many lightyears a planet is from your ship. Just make it 1 lightyear = 1 minute. And make it autopilot. That's the star trek dream.
Mods can probably fix this.

Topher

Gold Member
Zoom in on these pics. Can’t believe this is a Bethesda game, they’ve upgraded their visuals a ton, the level of detail is pretty insane tbh. Could make cover art from the first one.

dHS3M15.jpg

9T7Uy25.jpg

I did a mission that took me to a huge NASA fascility, museum area showing off the things used during the moon landing and all. The lore in this game is sooo good. Found a sweet ol suit, looks filmsy but all my suit stats got upgraded.

I need to start doing some base building, want to see how that is, I’ve completely dodged that bit so far

9.2/10
39 hours

With all the nonsense about weird looking NPCs, I took some screenshots of a number of NPCs in non-heavy crowd areas. These are not NPCs that are part of the story. Just ones in the areas where the story takes place. Massive difference between these and those generated models in the heavy populated areas such as New Atlantis and Neon.

No story details but they take place during one of the faction quests so....spoiler tags.

pZDMgEF.jpg

5bacaXY.jpg

cVy5h1Z.jpg

m1Pl0I3.jpg

mVakT2t.jpg

tWxjkAI.jpg

WEBAUas.jpg

IP6GqUW.jpg

clarky

Gold Member
This game reminds me of Destiny 1. Many of the big reviewers gave it 7/10. I initially thought it deserved that score and to an extent in its vanilla form I still agree but 300 hours later......
I know what you mean but as a 500 hours D1/2 player that base game absolutely deserved a 7/10 tops. if not for VOG then that game would have died a long time ago.

if you only play the main quest in SF and these games aren't your thing then i can see a 7/10 being fair,but for me this is top tier BGS. Currently a 9.5/10 with half a point knocked off for the terrible UI.

Last edited:

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
CrustyBritches CrustyBritches Just finished the Rangers faction quest line. Yeah, that was pretty awesome. Love the new ship and that massive cargo. I needed that badly. Everything I had that could hold supplies, including Andreja, were maxed out.

extreme hoarding buried alive GIF

Think it is about time I started building an outpost.
Fuck yeah! Ranger has been awesome. I'm still derailed in Neon. Now I'm in a gang. Sam Coe hates me, and I wouldn't have it any other way. He wants to just turn a blind eye because that's "how things are." I'm here to serve up hardcore justice.

Judge Dredd GIF

Fredrik

With all the nonsense about weird looking NPCs, I took some screenshots of a number of NPCs in non-heavy crowd areas. These are not NPCs that are part of the story. Just ones in the areas where the story takes place. Massive difference between these and those generated models in the heavy populated areas such as New Atlantis and Neon.

No story details but they take place during one of the faction quests so....spoiler tags.

pZDMgEF.jpg

5bacaXY.jpg

cVy5h1Z.jpg

m1Pl0I3.jpg

mVakT2t.jpg

tWxjkAI.jpg

WEBAUas.jpg

IP6GqUW.jpg
It’s gorgeous game.
It’s such a shame that the platform warriors has turned this into a toxic Xbox vs Playstation thing and has to exaggerate and troll and gloat to the max. The game is on PC and it’s fantastic, I’ve had exactly 0 crashes and seen the weird eyes bug 0 times over 39 hours, people should just ignore the platform war and play it, it’s not often we get games like this. I’m about to jump in again.

Topher

Gold Member
Fuck yeah! Ranger has been awesome. I'm still derailed in Neon. Now I'm in a gang. Sam Coe hates me, and I wouldn't have it any other way. He wants to just turn a blind eye because that's "how things are." I'm here to serve up hardcore justice.

Judge Dredd GIF

Never liked that guy. I think I took him out on that initial mission and then said nah.

Fredrik

Needs some help. Trying some ship building, first time, how do I get that blow out view where all the parts go out to the sides? PC

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
Never liked that guy. I think I took him out on that initial mission and then said nah.
I'm pretty sure he's meant to be the male love interest for the player. He's the typical hallmark "good guy" bitch with the kid and everything. I love to hear him cry while I tear down the systemic corruption that's hindered the Rangers from serving true justice.

Last edited:

Strategize

The more I play this the more realize this really is the Skyrim of this generation. Much like Skyrim, the game is far more than the sum of it's parts. It has things that on a surface level make it easy to dunk on, on social media clips, but the reality is it just has that magic that's hard to define. I've absoutely no doubt that in 10 years time people will still be playing and modding it.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
I guess I'm just gonna be a humble scientist catalogging shit for like 20 hrs real quick. Maxing out the scanner skill tree. Can't stop ...

Empty of life they said....
You know what, Bethesda really fucked up how they sold this game to us.

When you start, prepare for disappointment, because what you think it is....... it isnt.

But when you start playing you start to understand what the game is.

An amazing Bethesda RPG with mechanics at first that are confusing and frustrating but make perfect sense when you progress.

I'm having a blast with this game, 15 hours so far and really getting my Skyrim feels from 10 years ago, discovery, exploration on a galactic level.

I still cannot get over the level of detail in the game, it's insane and the variety of things to do, i've done 4 main story missions, rest of the time i've been doing the Ranger quest line and random raids on various planets and doing side missions there, there is so much to this game.

Nailed it. I guess my only thing is i wanted a bethesda game in space so i didnt really have any dissapointment. Just the initial though of "oh shot theyve obviously fucked up" from the reviews and posts on here. Then i got 10 hours in and i was like....this is fucking incredible what ate those people smoking....
People have, you know, actually played the game here.

Shut up, SHILL! ...lol

Last edited:

Roberts

One thing I don't hear much about Starfield is how fucking funny it is. I mean, all Bethesda games have their share of humour, but this one is their (intentionally) funniest yet. Some hilarious dialogue options and all kinds of silly jokes scattered around the galaxy. Some subtle, some more broad like, for example, everything to do with Petrov - his ship flying as if it was operated by vodka soaked drunkard and his first mate's remarks.

Desless1

So... What weapons are people using? I went for lasers as perk from the get go. Starting to regret it. Or I just suck at using them.

Jemm

Sometimes I feel like my character is like James Bolivar diGriz aka Slippery Jim and The Stainless Steel Rat (from Harry Harrison's scifi books). Just doing everything to get some credits, no matter what. Sometimes even legal things.

At one time I'm doing some gritty missions, hunting people and looting things. When I get tired of that, I'll do some missions for the Vanguard or Ryujin Industries. In the latter, more subtle approach to missions is needed so that their PR isn't tarnished. Talking (Persuasion) while dressed in suit is often the way to get what you want or some stealthy hacks to make competitors look bad.

So much to do, so little time...

Ammogeddon

Oh man I’ve missed having proper gaming sessions like this.

Had some awesome adventures last night. The first mission of the UC Vanguards was tense man. After that I headed for the Mantis quest line and ended up in all sorts of shenanigans. I’m 20 hrs, mostly dipping in and out of various quests. It’s really clicked for me.

SF is definitely up there with my favourite games. So far, if I was to score it, I’d give it a 9/10.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
I decided to bring the adoring fan with me for missions, he can carry a lot of weight and he always praise me when i kill stuff, steal from corpses or even when i reach my weight limit.

He cover my back, my side and my front (no homo)

Hahaha, can npcs kill him? You gotta protect his ass for being your mule.

GymWolf

Hahaha, can npcs kill him? You gotta protect his ass for being your mule.
Companions never die i think, but he say some funny shit when he get hit or he is burning with flames, pretty sure that he would praise me with his last words...

Oh star between the stars, when i'm gonna see our creator in paradise, i'm gonna tell him that you are my only god, or some shit.

I was playing Starfield when all of a sudden my PC shut off and wouldn't turn back on. Only a click from the psu and lights/fans turning on for 1 second on the motherboard. I removed the PSU and shorted it to test if it was still working... it's dead. Now I'm going to test if it took out anything else

So the PSU ended up fine, I just shorted the wrong pins when I initially tested it. Other than that, I tried everything possible including reseating the ram, changing the battery and jumping the CMOS. It seems Starfield killed my motherboard, but everything else is working.

Last edited:

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Companions never die i think, but he say some funny shit when he get hit or he is burning with flames, pretty sure that he would praise me with his last words...

Oh star between the stars, when i'm gonna see our creator in paradise, i'm gonna tell him that you are my only god, or some shit.

Hahaha. 100% adding him on a second playthrough.

Has anyone else stumbled across Juno?

IDappa

They did it in the direct but I guess it could’ve been a pr thing just to show that the ships are built with modules.
Would of saved me time buidling last night. Might be a way to do it, wouldn't be the only hidden mechanic in this game.

GymWolf

I stole 2 pirate ships and they are all without beds...where do these fuckers sleep? On melee weapons?
Small annoying thing, i can't bring a companion for adventures if he isn't also assigend to the ship? I said to the adoring fan to follow me as a companion but then i used someone else for the ship and he didn't followed me anymore.

Is this how it works or the fan is just a peculiar companion?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom