• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Final Bosman Show

Ploid 3.0

iuEgKJxo92vos.gif

Wow his face changes red in this gif.

Madflunky

Neo Member
Nice, the show was neat and some of his points are spot on. I wonder how many characters will fit in that 8Gb of ram? :)

Kinyou

So everyone likes him but noone knows his name?

Edit: Ah, it's Bosman. Was a little confused by everyone in this thread referring to him as guy.

FlyFaster

just watched this, thanks for the link OP!

Great show, best on GT yet. The guy comes off as genuine in his commentary and seems to have a vested interest in games.

Let's see how long it lasts. Will watch the next episode.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Watched it.

I'm not really sure if this guy was just trying way too hard to come up with some reasons because it is his first 'official show'. I don't see the charm this time.

For example, 'make body not disappear' reason was pretty stupid. It already happens with Skyrim and I really don't see it add anything to the actual game content, or make game any more fun than the others.

In nemesis the warlock you had to pile dead bodies up to reach high exits.

I think it's just a general point about scale though

I like it, except for the wind down/peter out jokes, with the "I know I've stopped being funny" tone (which some people think, in itself, is supposed to be funny. It usually is not.)

Ploid 3.0

Kyle Bosman. He is a comedy writer and a comedian. I'm not stalking the guy I was just curious to know where did he come from when he first appeared.

The Daily Show/Stephen Colbert of gaming?

That Knack part cracked me up. I too was saying to myself, "you're describing Knack!" Then he realized it and, head explosion.gif.

I liked the point about keeping bodies, and hopefully that becomes a thing for next gen. Retention of your involvement is probably my favourite thing a game can do, and it's ironic that going forward we've lost that. Some of my favourite older shooters are just so novel because of how much they keep after a battle; bodies stick around in Doom, Halo would keep bodies and decals around for a while, Max Payne would keep your footprints in the snow and shell casings along with bodies and shots.

It's just so great to survey the wreckage that you've played out, and even though I enjoyed something like Halo for doing that last gen, it's opted for quickly cleaning up the environment for the games this gen, and my enjoyment was impacted as a result. So yeah, I'm all for more persistence in your actions with environments going forward.

Burt

Deserves it just for giving us the best "Mind Blown" in the last two years. I've actually been waiting for someone to repost it so I could save it.

Top Bottom