• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Final Bosman Show

untitled1o2yc04kjnd.gif

This gif would be perfect were it not for the camera pan in the beginning.

Great stuff. I agree on all his points except maybe the dead bodies one. It would add a little bit of wow of course but not worth the memory space if it's not an actual thought out element of the game. Also it could probably be lumped in to his Numbers point where the wow factor would come from how many bodies are left on the ground. Other than that, totally agree. Can't wait to see more!

He's really likeable and I'm happy he got a show. The disappearing bodies he talked about was something that really bothered me in Spec Ops, so I really want to see that point come to fruition.

Majanew

Banned
Yes! Red Faction on PS2! Was awesome blowing tunnels in walls and camping with your rail gun. RF2 was a letdown and the third-person Red Factions are absolute garbage. I was hoping for an HD RF this gen. :(

I really agree with his comments about Dead Rising (zombies), Hitman's sandboxes (dead bodies) being a touchstone for the generation.

I'm really excited for Fortnite. I think that'll wow a lot of people.
I think developers have latched onto this idea of social/service gaming as the new driving force in game development. Farmville is probably the Final Fantasy VII of the 00s.
He's a little too nice for me.

He just says things that people want to hear (Usually the obvious)
Not at all. He seems to put a lot of effort into saying things that other people aren't actually saying. Or at least gloss over.

I think by the end of Next-Gen we will have as many graphical WOW comparisons to make to PS3/Xbox 360 as we did to Ps2/Xbox. I don't expect the launch games to WOW me graphically.

Not too fussed about dead bodies disappearing either. That's usually game dependent though. There are games were the impact of the kill should not be forgotten and the body should remain and there are other times when you are cutting through bad guys that I could give two shits.

He's right about focusing on other ways to WOW us though. Dead Rising was a great example.

Yes! Red Faction on PS2! Was awesome blowing tunnels in walls and camping with your rail gun. RF2 was a letdown and the third-person Red Factions are absolute garbage. I was hoping for an HD RF this gen. :(
Yeah it was a sick game, I spent 200 hours on it

Rfg was surprisngly awesome, especially on pc

sappyday

When he was talking about numbers all I could think of is "One Million Troops" but he has a point because I remember Dead Rising being one of the first games to truly wow me.

His point that bodies shouldn't disappear makes some sense but in some games it doesn't matter. It should only work in in linear games who's main focus is killing.

CREMSteve

untitled1o2yc04kjnd.gif

I laughed out loud at that one, lol.

I love this guy, he's very entertaining, because he talks just like we do. He says the same stupid things that are on our minds. I have ALWAYS hated that bodies disappear. I despise that I can't blow holes in walls like Red Faction let me do. Whales on fire eating helicopters gets my attention.

"... I think I just described Knack." LOL

Keep it up, Bosman!

Don't know why, but I haven't found him funny past the 'Dos and Don'ts' video, as if his schtick has worn out its welcome already. Dat first vid though.

Salvadora

I'm really pleased this guy got his own show. He made some fantastic points about the lack of 'wow' factor in the next gen games we've seen so far. I especially liked when he spoke about how all too often it feels like the player interacts with the world but yet very rarely we see the world interact with us.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Guy is entertaining... I've liked all his stuff so far.

Only thing that has gotten me to go to gametrailers in forever. Normally I avoid it like the plague.

Savitar

Nice!

As everyone said, he's very likeable and it's fun to watch him. I figured that they might trot him out for a year for big stuff but his own show is much better.

Ryuuga

Banned
"Did you download any new content last night, dude? Yeah last night I played some great content"

This guy is great. Looking forward to more of his videos.

iNvid02

he's funny. found out he was just a producer for certain shows on GT before the PS Meeting video.

btw OP, did you see his PS Meeting reaction video? Just as good.

http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/qcv4np/playstation-4-playstation-meeting-takeaways

yeah i think i've seen all his videos minus the invisible walls appearance, but im prob gonna avoid that

Saw him on Invisible Walls.

He was incredibly awkward and he made me uncomfortable. Love his scripted videos, but him by himself unscripted is bad.

Top Bottom