• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire Preview Weekends (Aug 11-13, 18-20)

Morokh

This variation seems to bug quite often yes, we got the Choya that went crazy like that with tha ability when we tried it yesterday.

Jira

No feeling it, but that is probably because they throw you into it instead of learning the abilities through hours of play

Yeah if you're coming into the game for the first time at level 80, you're going to be pretty confused as to how the combat works and what you should be doing and when.

I know WvW players consider map changes to be taboo, but the centaur camps in Alpine and EB should be redesigned into mount stables for players to grab mounts

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I know WvW players consider map changes to be taboo, but the centaur camps in Alpine and EB should be redesigned into mount stables for players to grab mounts

they changed certain parts of EBG map I think, like the Overwatch Post having different terrain

Boss Doggie

Saw this in Reddit and I dunno if this has been shared.

Go to the options -> general, and look at the lowest box. Check it.

Basically it disables mount skills overriding certain buttons like the spacebar. Really useful so that your regular mount jump won't say, become a leap.

Lmo911

That raptor! ! Just crazily well implemented. I love how it handles like a motorcycle when you take turns and your character even animates like they're actually riding them! I It just oozes personality. You can tell they put some time into them.

If they're all that good I need more mount based things to do in game. I want to race from one side of the planet to the other! :X

And we need a boat now to complete land, sea and air!

Slayven

Yeah if you're coming into the game for the first time at level 80, you're going to be pretty confused as to how the combat works and what you should be doing and when.
I had the game for 2 years and never got past 10, so i can't really complain

Ashodin

I'm actually betting now each mount will have a different "feel" to how they control. Making each one feel like they're useful and unique in their use.

Manac0r

Jumped back in after 4 years... only ever levelled to lvl 17 back in the day. Really enjoying the changes and forgot how relaxed it is to play, especially without the pressure of a monthly sub.

Any must reads for a complete beginner?

Stuart444

I hate this chef event. So many ingredients, not that much time, he loves to run around just as I throw it and sometimes it has even not hit him even when I threw it while the circle was over him.

Annoying as anything.

Besides that, I'm enjoying the beta so far. pretty fun.

Boss Doggie

I know the stuff you get from the demo doesn't carry over... but don't you earn karma and gold there and it goes directly into your account? Same with mats? What happens if you spend them?

Ashodin

I know the stuff you get from the demo doesn't carry over... but don't you earn karma and gold there and it goes directly into your account? Same with mats? What happens if you spend them?

the game essentially has doubled your account and everything is dummied, including bank, karma, etc, everything. So getting mats means nothing.

Boss Doggie

the game essentially has doubled your account and everything is dummied, including bank, karma, etc, everything. So getting mats means nothing.

Thanks for the clarification. I thought they'd give you a preset karma/gold, was confused when they start with the same gold / karma as you

Hupsel

Any idea if there is more for the solo player to do to get XP? I guess that bounties are only group content? I got one and it told me to kill a legendary minion :< At least it seems that the quest hearts are back, but it doesnt look like there will be a lot of them!

Ashodin

Any idea if there is more for the solo player to do to get XP? I guess that bounties are only group content? I got one and it told me to kill a legendary minion :< At least it seems that the quest hearts are back, but it doesnt look like there will be a lot of them!

Are you trying to get... mastery? during the beta? What are you trying to do.

Because nothing really matters in the beta, it'll get wiped soon.

Boss Doggie

they're following the quest hearts of the LS3 maps where they're few, but repeatable daily (you only need to do them once for "completion" though)

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Fuck man, gonna get HoT and this and just get lost in all the new content. I've only played vanilla lol, did all the hearts because I liked the world that much.

Freeman76

Fuck man, gonna get HoT and this and just get lost in all the new content. I've only played vanilla lol, did all the hearts because I liked the world that much.

I enjoyed every minute of map completion on the base game. HoT turned me right off that, most of the maps are a pain to navigate but luckily the events are fun so I got value from those for a while. Came back for LW season 3 and some of those maps are a real return to form. I have 100% all of them except Draconis Mons (I dont enjoy convoluted vertical exploration) and it bodes well for the direction they will take with PoF.

Memory

Looks like something I need to pay a ton of $ to actually be decent at. No thx.

Go CDkeys.com and you can get POF for £20 and HOT for £10, both contain the base game. The amount of content in both is enough to last you for years.

Once you have everything or played for a while then you'll have enough gold to buy what you want off the cosmetic shop anyway.

Boss Doggie

One thing I do hate is the generic "gear". Now you have to spend to see if it's rare or not. I'd rather have the old one thanks, I hope the older maps aren't affected by this.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Finally got around to playing it for a bit. Probably the first time the GW2 story actually interested me. I really like the new town - raptor racing against other players is great. Also got floored by a giant quaggan looking boss bounty.

I'm more interested in the new specs next week.

Looks like something I need to pay a ton of $ to actually be decent at. No thx.

lol Please outline the thought process that brought about this conclusion.

Memory

Guild Wars 2 must have the best black women in the MMO business. Goddamn.

The amount of black hair styles for women in this one game is more than every AAA game released in the last 6 years combined. Only the Saints Row games come close to matching them and the last one was released in 2011.

The quality however is unmatched, they've almost perfected the frizz/kink & curl. My actual hairstyle is achievable in this game, it's is insane that in 30 years only one game has achieved this feat.

Massicot

Just bumping this because the beta is up.

I know we knew about them beforehand but I'm just getting a kick out of reading the new skill tooltips.

Boss Doggie

lmao Renegade F3 copies the legendary (main hand only, sorry)

UNICORNS AND TIGERS

and even DISCO BALLS

DHhwGGzV0AA3HoF.jpg

Top Bottom