• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Looking for Group" on Xbox is an incredible feature and needs more noise/respect

Certain things is great

But I just want to meet and play with new Xbox one players for rocket league

But every LFG post is just

Trade

Trade

Trade

Trade

Want to trade?

Like there's an offficial fucking website for trading for gods sake

Communities on the PS4 needs a serious revamping. It's terrible now compared to other options.

I think you are confusing LFG with club posts. LFG is a separate session that doesn't mix with posts.

This feature is awesome, but Sony does have a similar feature called User Scheduled Events where you can schedule gaming events with friends, or share them to any of the PS4 gaming communities if you want to play with randoms...It was part of the 3.50 update. So this isn't a totally exclusive feature...but it's a great feature nonetheless..

Yeah, Ps4 did it first though I think it's a bit undercooked to make it shine as it only shares on activity feed (or at least it was back when they delivered it) and can be easily overlook on communities with high activity.

On xbone that feature gets exposed to you, not only the clubs have a dedicated area for LFGs, when you go to the party tab it shows all the LFGs available to you either shared by friends or in all clubs you follow, which makes it great for discovery. Dunno if actually makes a difference in gathering players.

Graciaus

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uc4qPKSf60c

About 3 minutes into that clip.

Go to the party tab and it should be there.

You can also do it via the Xbox App on Windows 10.

Thanks I had no idea. Does it take awhile for requests to be filled? I don't really play online much anymore but that would be really useful.

Thanks I had no idea. Does it take awhile for requests to be filled? I don't really play online much anymore but that would be really useful.

Even when I make posts for "right now" it takes 10 to 20 minutes for fulfill the party, there are clubs for specific games and some for people who play a lot in multiplayer, I had success using both to gather people.

R aka Bon

My friend used it a lot/and still does when looking for other Overwatch players and have been very succesfull in doing so, a great feature indeed.

A 'Looking for Games' feature would probably be more helpful on Xbox at this point

this is a joke, please don't get angry

Not even funny...

BraXzy

I used LFG sites online when I played Destiny and it was a chore to hop to my PC to sort stuff then back. Having it integrated at OS level is real nice and convenient, never used it personally though.

STEaMkb

Yeah, Ps4 did it first though I think it's a bit undercooked to make it shine as it only shares on activity feed (or at least it was back when they delivered it) and can be easily overlook on communities with high activity.

The guy reasonable for implementing this featue on PS4 was asking for suggestions on how to improve it, so if you post in the thread below he will read what you have to say.

https://www.reddit.com/r/PS4/comments/614e1l/informal_poll_events_in_communities/

can it be filtered by language?
Yes! You can select the language to search for or to post.

A 'Looking for Games' feature would probably be more helpful on Xbox at this point
Gino your better than this mayne. You should know even as an owner people get sensitive about their consoles!

LFG has changed Gears for us. A bunch of us play Mp but only two of us play Horde.
Now we have to deal with the constant quitters and morons in public matchmaking horde. We can now get the kind of players we want.

Also great for finding particular roles for the last spot or two on Overwatch.

All around fantastic feature I've been using more and more since it hit preview a while back.

We use it for Gears of War 4 horde, gears has a pretty low population and it never takes more than 5-10 mins to fill a group.

Also usually someone has a post that fills what we're looking for pretty well already

As a PS4 user, this is the first time I've heard about this feature on Xbox and it sounds absolutely brilliant! I'd love to be able to use something comparable (hopefully this doesn't count as port begging...)

In regards to people mentioning community events on PS4, I haven't used it personally, but it seems a bit limited based on everyone having to be on the same community to meet up. Many games are fractured into hundreds on communities and it doesn't seem like many people would be viewing the events section to group up very often.

Moofers

LFG has been what is keeping Gears 4 Horde alive for players like me who don't have a regular group of friends to play with. Matchmaking in that game is completely broken due to players immediately leaving as soon as the game loads up for various reasons. Don't like the classes your team is playing? Leave. Don't like the map? Leave. Don't think your teammate's numbers next to their tags are high enough/wrong color? Leave. That's the mindset of what feels like the majority of players in matchmaking these days and its infuriating .It can take a good 30-45 mins just to get into a game where all 5 players stick around past wave 10. If LFG didn't exist, Gears 4 Horde would likely be a lot worse off.

Here's hoping the big summer update for Horde will fix a lot of that crap, but in the meantime thank God for LFG.

FZW

• When you create an LFG post, as the owner you will be able to see new vetting cards that include hero stats from gamers interested in joining your party. Hero stats are contextual to the game you're playing, showing you relevant stats like kill/death ratio, rank, or score.
  • Achievement hunters, this one is for you! You will be able to search LFG posts from the Achievements tab, related to the Achievement you're trying to finish.
  • We're adding the number of open LFG posts to the Game Hub and Club Hub headers.
  • Have you made a successful LFG post that you want to create again? Now you can see previous LFG posts that you have created, participated or shown interest in, and can copy them to create new posts.
  • When creating an LFG post, see all the recent tags you've used and easily select them.

http://news.xbox.com/2017/03/20/xbox-one-arena-clubs-lfg-system-updates/#TrU2lCFARPiUGOiB.99

They're also adding some really cool stuff to L4G in the current preview

I think the Achievement search is great for coop and multiplayer achievements, as a guy that likes achievements im really hyped for this.

Camwi

Man, I only do single player exclusives on my Xbone, so I didn't know about this feature. Sounds fucking awesome and sounds like something that should become a standard.

By that I mean Sony (I know you're reading this), copy this shit immediately. Nintendo, ignore it for about five years, then add it.

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
As a PS4 user, this is the first time I've heard about this feature on Xbox and it sounds absolutely brilliant! I'd love to be able to use something comparable (hopefully this doesn't count as port begging...)

In regards to people mentioning community events on PS4, I haven't used it personally, but it seems a bit limited based on everyone having to be on the same community to meet up. Many games are fractured into hundreds on communities and it doesn't seem like many people would be viewing the events section to group up very often.

Try to use it a bit more I do and it works quite well it is a bit less open but once you join a good community some online games really starts to be good.

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
Well, this sounds nice.

Can it be used for Destiny? Raids?

This feature is awesome, but Sony does have a similar feature called User Scheduled Events where you can schedule gaming events with friends, or share them to any of the PS4 gaming communities if you want to play with randoms...It was part of the 3.50 update. So this isn't a totally exclusive feature...but it's a great feature nonetheless..

Huh...seems I need to spend more time learning the ins n outs of these consoles.

Good to know PS4 has something similar.

Well, this sounds nice.

Can it be used for Destiny? Raids?
Any game can use it.

You can use it for whatever you want. There's a bunch of tags like have mic, and ones for each game "1-50 insane horde" or just write in the description what you need.

Sony should copy this for ps4 players, it's a great feature

Dabanton

It's a very good feature. I've found some guys I regularly play R6:S and BF1 with. Everyone has to have a mic and be willing to actually speak. Makes games so much more enjoyable when I know that people are calling out enemy positions, sightings. And not just silently lone wolfing.

Basically for me Looking for group means you can't moan if you get kicked from a game that requires teamwork and your silent.

Metzhara

I've actually used this feature to call together discussions for some clubs I'm in that range from "Game Discussion" to "Industry Momentum" to "What are you excited for?" They made this feature so loose that it can be useful for a great many things as well as made it easy for anyone to do.

I'm excited about Pins as well for Clubs. Pinning guidelines, keeping good discussions going, highlighting events, or even scheduling particular game nights are great features both Pinning and LFG aim towards. I'll be honest, if you told me this would the future at launch I might have laughed at you (and I'm generally considered a fan of the Xbox Brand overall.)

Synth

It's fucking amazing, and saves games like Daytona USA where online lobbies have poor visibility (can only see them when players are waiting in lobby, and not when they're in a race). Set up an LFG for last night, and:

jLDlxxK.png

Good shit.

No more sitting in a lobby for an hour hoping someone will join it. Just throw up an LFG and go play meanwhile until a party is found.

ps3ud0

One of those features that isnt apparently essential until youve used it - its like the old days of chat before party chat killed playing/chatting with like-minded strangers.

Love to see it on the other consoles while being further fleshed out as some standard API that all games could use for multiple pick-up/adhoc gametypes.

ps3ud0 8)

Rembrandt

Banned
It's fucking amazing, and saves games like Daytona USA where online lobbies have poor visibility (can only see them when players are waiting in lobby, and not when they're in a race). Set up an LFG for last night, and:

Good shit.

No more sitting in a lobby for an hour hoping someone will join it. Just throw up an LFG and go play meanwhile until a party is found.

Okay, which GAF member is Gustavo? I've been seeing you play Daytona for like the past 5 days. Let's talk.

Zedox

I haven't used the feature but I'm sure when I play Sea of Thieves I will use it if my friends ain't play

I've had some amazing parties with Overwatch's post game party up. It was added in November but I've only found it useful maybe 3 or 4 times.

Izuna

Banned
Lmao, I had no idea. I need to put GAF names to gamertags.

I just remembered the name because you're the only person on my friends list playing it, lol.

I see it used a lot with SoT since they've started the weekly play sessions. Will definitely come in handy for that.

You joining for Sunday then? Daytona, that is

Hexer06

MS has been putting out killer gaming features since the OG Xbox, but will never get the credit they deserve simply because they're MS. It's sad, but apparently it's the world we live in today. Thank you MS for Background Music, Achievements, Party Chat, External HDD support, and this LFG feature. Can't wait for Arena to take off as well so all, or most, games can start using it. :D

Edit: Forgot about Clubs. It's helped me find new anime to watch just by going through the process of Anime Club Feed and seeing what ppl suggest or are watching.

wasnt this called beacon on 360?

Sounds cool. Ps4 has communities and you can join a voice party that is playing said gae, and then send out a game invite, but nothing as simple sounding as this

Ushay

It's a brilliant feature that streamlines every game. I've used it for Gears of War many times.

As usual MS online features are excellent.

MrBlonde

I have no idea how this works but will have to look in to it. Ive been playing Infinite Warfare Zombies lately and can not find any decent players, everyone either sucks or quits.

Synth

Sounds cool. Ps4 has communities and you can join a voice party that is playing said gae, and then send out a game invite, but nothing as simple sounding as this

Beacons were unfortunately rubbish. They didn't give any useful information on when a person would be interested in playing a game, or in what capacity. Just "I like Daytona USA and would like to play it". Plus you could only set 3 iirc.

Metzhara

I have no idea how this works but will have to look in to it. Ive been playing Infinite Warfare Zombies lately and can not find any decent players, everyone either sucks or quits.

It works as such:
A person (yourself or another) creates a post which sets a date, time, and criteria. Some criteria (via the use of tags) are pre-built but you can create custom ones as well. For example, if you know you're available on Saturday at 5PM to play IW Zombies, you can create an LFG with this time on it. You set the criteria (play for fun, microphone needed, adults only apply, etc) and it sits waiting for people to accept. You can place a limit on the number of persons who apply, you can even choose to have to accept them.
In short: Once 4PM comes along, people who are chosen to play are given a prompt that says, "Join the party" and it will let you start the session.
It's a little more than that but that's the general idea of it. In some ways, think of One vs One Hundred back in the day. It's very much like that if YOU chose what game and when.

The 360 version only told your friends and iirc it didn't let you set times to play. In the end it was good for nothing but annoying you with a notification that "<gamertag> is looking for friends to play this game" every time you loaded a game up. All in all, it was pretty shitty.

The LFG feature is way better. It's viewable by everyone on XBL, not just your friends and you can schedule a time and add comments to specify what kind of players you're after. I just had a look at the NHL 17 postings and these guys looking for players for a six month old game managed to find plenty of interest.

ckA9qXO.png

Prologue

One of the main things I'm looking forward to once I pick up a Scorpio later this year.

But why hasn't the tournament/arena feature been expanded on? It seems restricted to that tank game, no?

Why hasn't it been use for Halo? COD? BF?

Rembrandt

Banned
One of the main things I'm looking forward to once I pick up a Scorpio later this yea.r

But why hasn't the tournament feature been expanded on? It seems restricted to that tank game, no?

That and killer instinct. I don't remember if it has been brought out of the beta/alpha waves yet.

Somnia

One of the main things I'm looking forward to once I pick up a Scorpio later this yea.

But why hasn't the tournament/arena feature been expanded on? It seems restricted to that tank game, no?

It's still in closed testing, they are just using World of Tanks to test it out.

dLMN8R

The 360 version only told your friends and iirc it didn't let you set times to play. In the end it was good for nothing but annoying you with a notification that "<gamertag> is looking for friends to play this game" every time you loaded a game up. All in all, it was pretty shitty.

The LFG feature is way better. It's viewable by everyone on XBL, not just your friends and you can schedule a time and add comments to specify what kind of players you're after. I just had a look at the NHL 17 postings and these guys looking for players for a six month old game managed to find plenty of interest.

[/img]http://i.imgur.com/ckA9qXO.png[/img]

Yes, beacons on 360 only showed up for your friends. They were pretty useless.

Looking For Group is across all of Xbox Live, including people you don't know, including people using the Xbox app on PC / iPhone / Android / etc., and can be fully customized to requiring voice chat if you want, what level of play and tone you're looking for (casual, competitive, aggressive, nice), and on and on.

It then all naturally integrates back into party chat.

So you declare exactly what kind of group you want, what game it's for, when you want to play, and then it seamlessly turns into an XBL Party you can join the game with.

One of the main things I'm looking forward to once I pick up a Scorpio later this year.

Arena is still in preview, so limited to KI and World of Tanks for now.

If I'm not mistaken, right now they are testing user created tournaments for KI and sponsored for Wot.

WTF this sounds amazing! Idk how i haven't heard of this, could really use something like this to get back into the last of us MP...

sugarman

It has been a game changer, especially since you can do it via your phone. I don't really play with randoms anymore because I can just find a group that actually gets on the payload.

Top Bottom