• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT2| Someone must have been helping you go to bed early. Talk!

Pachinko

Took another little break but I'm now sitting just prior to the fall mid terms. Managed to max out 2 confidants and I believe I have 3 at level 9 (2 of which seem to auto level up with the story) and another 5 or so at level 8 with a few more at level 6 , a couple at 5 and not very far along at all with the rest. Still really liking the game ! , Seems like the 6th palace will open up soon and ... well, whatever I get done I get done I guess ?

I'll just say again for those that ignored it last time - if you are feeling even a little bit burnt out on this game - Take a damn break ! , adhere to the loading screen message of "taking your time". Marathoning a 100 hour game helps no one , just do a chunk a week. I mean , I've owned it since about a week after it launched and here I am 72.5 hours in expecting another 20-30 before it's all said and done and I don't even mind because I don't feel like I have to play it every single day for 5 hours... I'll admit I did that for the first 30 hours of the game because of a couple of free weekends with little else going on but I don't feel bad about taking a few days off. Drives up my own interest to go back to it and I enjoy my playtime that much more.

Question- Do you guys find it practical to create "Perfect Tank" personas?

Right now I'm in the process of finishing my Absorbadon, taking up 7 slots to fully absorb everything (Trying to get Absorb Elec from lockdown), leaving only one slot for Gigantomachia... Alternatively, I could give him Firm Stance to help tank whatever super Almighty moves the story bosses have and Abaddon have naturally high Endurance as well, but this would leave him with no damage attacks.

mulac

On the first Palace - 13 days to beat Kamoshida(sp?).

How long do you guys take to do this one? I made it to the first safe room (After original) and my party were shocked i chose to leave "after not making it too far in" - but was getting my butt handed to me and finally died anyway after 4 of those devil things kept stealing my health.

Tips?

Edit: loving the game, nice change of pace...

Quick question can I still get chests on days where you steal the treasure? I lacked exactly one key, but I don't want to grind because I'm so sick of dungeon 4.

How long do you guys take to do this one? I made it to the first safe room (After original) and my party were shocked i chose to leave "after not making it too far in" - but was getting my butt handed to me and finally died anyway after 4 of those devil things kept stealing my health.

Tips?

Took me 5 days on Hard Mode to completely beat it.

Massive spoilers and all. I'm on palace
and this place just sucks man.
All the walking around and turning into a mouse is doing my head in. This place is really long...
I've been at it since hours ago and I'm only on the 2nd last letter of recommendation.
My god please end soon

The scenes with Akechi though. I knew he was a traitor.... I just knew it.
He seemed awfully curious about everything during Nijjima's palace. Damn man what a twist. And the pancakes thing... holy crap I realized how shocking that scene was when replayed as a flashback. I took the bad choice at first but I realize how stupid I was and reloaded my save

91 hours later.... still enjoying the hell out of the game. What an absolutely brilliant game. It can't end yet or ever. please... anything but that, lol.

Lusankya

Tips?

When you don't count the days in the beginning where they forced you to go out it took me two days on hard. Plus of course the obligatory extra day to fight the boss.

Was quite difficult though. I ran out of SP in the end and basically only fought the mandatory battles and skipped all others. Would have been easier to do it in three days but my pride wouldn't let me flee. :p
It gets much easier to finish the later palaces in a single day once you get SP regen items.

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)
Which means you know what the Palace 6 music is...

No, it's Palace 6

I will take up this challenge and fight you. Whims of Fate is glorious.

See, this is where my opinion gets worse. I'm really not a fan of the vocal tracks in this game, aside from Beneath the Mask. I really preferred Wake Up, Get Up, Get out There as an instrumental track - like it was in the first PV.

It's not that I prefer 4's themes, so much as 5's were kind of forgettable? They just didn't stick with me at all for one reason or another.

Also, the Strip Club theme is the best dungeon theme in P4.

I also agree with this - especially the part about Rise's dungeon having the best music.

redlemon

Quick question about
Niijima's
Palace which I'm just starting.

Does the game skip ahead in time after you finish it? I noticed there a big chunk of time before the due date and since its catching up the the intro I wonder does it skip ahead days once you've beaten it because of this.

Quick question about
Niijima's
Palace which I'm just starting.

Does the game skip ahead in time after you finish it? I noticed there a big chunk of time before the due date and since its catching up the the intro I wonder does it skip ahead days once you've beaten it because of this.

Nope.

Question- Do you guys find it practical to create "Perfect Tank" personas?

Right now I'm in the process of finishing my Absorbadon, taking up 7 slots to fully absorb everything (Trying to get Absorb Elec from lockdown), leaving only one slot for Gigantomachia... Alternatively, I could give him Firm Stance to help tank whatever super Almighty moves the story bosses have and Abaddon have naturally high Endurance as well, but this would leave him with no damage attacks.

You may want to try Rangda instead. It gives you 1 more slot thoug at the cost of Repel or Nulling somethings.

If you're going for a perfect thank with only 1 attack and don't want to switch out , you should probably go for an Almighty move.

Zafir

I also agree with this - especially the part about Rise's dungeon having the best music.

It's not that I prefer 4's themes, so much as 5's were kind of forgettable? They just didn't stick with me at all for one reason or another.

Also, the Strip Club theme is the best dungeon theme in P4. Heaven is up there, though, along with Void Quest and Magatsu Inaba.

That one is great.
I dunno, I'm not sure I liked many of 4s dungeon tracks, they all got so repetitive after being in the dungeon for a while.

I found Rise's dungeon music the most grating of all the Persona 4 dungeon tracks for it really, as it felt like it was a 60 second song repeated ad infinitum. I was wishing the game had audio volume options at that point so I could mute just the music.

I think the only two dungeon themes in 4 that I liked was basically Heaven and the secret base track.

Tamanon

Banned
Quick question can I still get chests on days where you steal the treasure? I lacked exactly one key, but I don't want to grind because I'm so sick of dungeon 4.

Took me 5 days on Hard Mode to completely beat it.

Yes you can still get chests on the heist day. Just remember the alert level is super high so you won't get many ambushes.

Ambushing doesn't change much from hiding even at high altert level. It's just sneaking up behind normally that's difficult (also that enemies sometimes respawn straight away). Also the alert level is stuck between 70 and 99.

broz0rs

Quick question can I still get chests on days where you steal the treasure? I lacked exactly one key, but I don't want to grind because I'm so sick of dungeon 4

I felt the same. Dungeon 4 easily seemed like the longest. The infamous dungeon 5 and 7 didn't seem all that bad to me.

Machina

Banned
I'm up to the
dark maze section of Niijima's palace
now and holy shit is it a pain in the ass. Definitely my least favorite palace so far. The personas you encounter just have the most annoying movesets.

I'm up to the
now and holy shit is it a pain in the ass. Definitely my least favorite palace so far. The personas you encounter just have the most annoying movesets.

Eh, I didn't find that palace hard at all (or that section of it).
Just stick to one side of the maze and it's pretty easy. Also, "The Whims of Fate" is the best dungeon track, so it has that.

I'm up to the

2 things that might help
Third eye actually lets you see fairly normally.
Don't worry about fully exploring, once you finish it, you get the red outline map for places you missed so you can easily go back and grab anything you missed

lt519

Picked this up today despite not really liking P4G. I'm not huge on the social stuff but I'll give it another go. I think part of what killed my enjoyment of P4G was the calendar system and trying to make sure my playthrough was perfect. This one I'm just gonna let it all ride and see what happens, might enjoy it more.

Decision help needed! I have a Seth with the following, and I need room for Fire Boost:

One-shot Kill
Agidyne
Garudyne
Masakukaja
Fortify Spirit
Endure
Cripple
Touch n' Go

What should I drop? I feel like I should get rid of Masakukaja, but I always kinda like having a party-wide boost on my Persona when I can...

Bladenic

Decision help needed! I have a Seth with the following, and I need room for Fire Boost:

One-shot Kill
Agidyne
Garudyne
Masakukaja
Fortify Spirit
Endure
Cripple
Touch n' Go

What should I drop? I feel like I should get rid of Masakukaja, but I always kinda like having a party-wide boost on my Persona when I can...

Endure or Touch n Go. Probably the latter

tumblr_oq95bbFmkd1v2s93bo1_1280.gif

What gun is Yusuke using in this gif?

Astral

Is there a Mementos boss that will always give you money when confused? I'm doing the money trick on the second boss, Shadow Makigami, and he's giving me 55k+ but too often does he either not do anything or give me an item instead.

Is there a Mementos boss that will always give you money when confused? I'm doing the money trick on the second boss, Shadow Makigami, and he's giving me 55k+ but too often does he either not do anything or give me an item instead.

Nope. It's just some of them are more vulnerable to being confused than others.

Astral

Nope. It's just some of them are more vulnerable to being confused than others.

Oh well. Just killed him and got 2.6 million out of it so not bad. I just want the money to fuse Alice, Satan, Beelzebub, Michael, Metatron, Lucifer, and Satanael. I'm not really interested in completing the compendium. About how much would all that cost considering I'm level 27? Yoshitsune alone cost me like 80k to fuse when I was like level 72.

vypek

I thought I'd try the super boss on the first available day and it didn't go well at all. Level is too low but even with an end game persona and my end gear I was still doing shit damage anyways. Will consider abandoning that trophy.

Oh well. Just killed him and got 2.6 million out of it so not bad. I just want the money to fuse Alice, Satan, Beelzebub, Michael, Metatron, Lucifer, and Satanael. I'm not really interested in completing the compendium. About how much would all that cost considering I'm level 27? Yoshitsune alone cost me like 80k to fuse when I was like level 72.

I fused
Satanael
around Level 12 and it cost me ~700 k.

Just finished that god damn palace
I never want to step near that place again. I found the
fight with Akechi to be harder than Shido. I didn't lose once to Shido. All he was is tanky and took a long time to beat with his 3 forms.

I missed the chest where it is now barred off where Akechi was left. Did I miss anything good?
Didn't have a lockpick at the time.

Damn, its over :(

I was feeling sad during the final scenes but that ending theme really tugs at your heart strings. I'm gonna miss these guys. That was 154 hours well spent.

broz0rs

most of them are immune, here's the list:

I never figured out if Luck raises money dropped? I decided to power boost my Sandman to 70 Luck for the final eligible mini-boss and it was dropping $140k per drop.

edit: re-read your question. nope, they're all the same

pixxxelz

I thought I'd try the super boss on the first available day and it didn't go well at all. Level is too low but even with an end game persona and my end gear I was still doing shit damage anyways. Will consider abandoning that trophy.
Get yourself an ultimate yoshitsune and solo it, I beat that boss at level 36, could've done at a lower level but I needed to read all the books too so I had to wait until haru joins the party.

vypek

Get yourself an ultimate yoshitsune and solo it, I beat that boss at level 36, could've done at a lower level but I needed to read all the books too so I had to wait until haru joins the party.

Thanks for the tip. I think I have the right Yoshitsune but I'm at quite a low level at the moment (17). Hassou Tobi wasn't doing too much to then at the time. Guess I need to do Atk up and then charge and then hassou Tobi. They beat me with physical when I had Yoshitsune out. Maybe I can use items to maintain HP

What does reading the books do? They can influence the fight?

pixxxelz

Thanks for the tip. I think I have the right Yoshitsune but I'm at quite a low level at the moment (17). Hassou Tobi wasn't doing too much to then at the time. Guess I need to do Atk up and then charge and then hassou Tobi. They beat me with physical when I had Yoshitsune out. Maybe I can use items to maintain HP

What does reading the books do? They can influence the fight?
I don't think you can afford to use items to heal yourself if you are solo in them though, I had absorb for all elements but curse (I had repel on that one) so I didn't have to worry about healing, bullet damage was still a pain but only on the first phase. Heat Riser + Hassou Tobi is the way to go if you solo them, charge isn't really worth it imo unless you have your speed up since hassou tobi tends to miss a lot without sukukaja.

Also no lol, I meant that I needed that trophy so i decided to fight that boss after I've read them all.

Palace 6:
Do I want to do this as late as possible? Like this is where the game opened with the betrayal so will I lose time if I do it ASAP?

Cess007

101hrs into the game, I'm at the very last part of the game:
the qliphoth
. And all I can think is that i just can't get enough. I want to finish the game to get the ending, but I will just start NG+ right away.

Top Bottom