• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT2| Someone must have been helping you go to bed early. Talk!

Do backup party members earn EXP? Just recruited Fox.

As long as you've started the Moon Confidant, don't remember if it auto starts by that point or not. I don't think they get the full amount of EXP that people in battle get though.

Speaking of that, this (and the battle speed) are the main reasons why I couldn't bring myself to keep going in Persona Q, so a huge cast but only 5 people are actively gaining EXP sans what you get from requests.

Jeez the quality of modern guides is so infuriating.

All I needed to know was what was inside the chest in the treasure run for Palace 4. I've been through several nice looking guides and none of them mentioned what's inside. I went to GameFAQs and they have it listed (Balm of Life). I really can't trust any other site when it comes to JRPGs. GameFAQs usually has excellently detailed guides. For JRPGs, a lot of them even have checklists for dungeons.

Kazzy

Jeez the quality of modern guides is so infuriating.

All I needed to know was what was inside the chest in the treasure run for Palace 4. I've been through several nice looking guides and none of them mentioned what's inside. I went to GameFAQs and they have it listed (Balm of Life). I really can't trust any other site when it comes to JRPGs. GameFAQs usually has excellently detailed guides. For JRPGs, a lot of them even have checklists for dungeons.

Not to mention the reliance on videos. I just want to be able to quickly read the text, is it so much to ask?!?!

Plum

How do you get the maid to do laundry for you? Morgana says I should request her but all the game does is push me into the regular menu, I get a seperate choice for making coffee.

I found the worst error in the game.

The Sun confidant has XVIIII on the card instead of XIX.

That's accurate though considering the tarot it's based off:
tumblr_ob0ts9ivup1si48w3o10_r1_400.png

The actual error is that none of the others use additive numerals:

tumblr_ob0ts9ivup1si48w3o5_r1_400.png

How do you get the maid to do laundry for you? Morgana says I should request her but all the game does is push me into the regular menu, I get a seperate choice for making coffee.

Go to the Laundrt and put stuff in, the last thing you do is pick if or Kawakami should do things.

I can't get Kawakami to make tools for some reason. I got her to do it exactly once. The option never appears and I just get taken straight to the crafting menu.

I thought I was on the wrong day but no. I could make her cook curry that same night.

As long as you've started the Moon Confidant, don't remember if it auto starts by that point or not. I don't think they get the full amount of EXP that people in battle get though.

Speaking of that, this (and the battle speed) are the main reasons why I couldn't bring myself to keep going in Persona Q, so a huge cast but only 5 people are actively gaining EXP sans what you get from requests.

Yeah, moon reaches level 1 automatically (it happens not long after Kamoshida fallout).

You need to get Rank 10 for backup and in party to completely even out but you also get a decent exp multiplier too.

I can't get Kawakami to make tools for some reason. I got her to do it exactly once. The option never appears and I just get taken straight to the crafting menu.

I thought I was on the wrong day but no. I could make her cook curry that same night.

I didn't use her for crafting much since she's so bad at it compared to Coffee / Curry making (and you I need to make 1 of everything yourself for the trophy) so I don't remember on this, but save and check if it's a thing you get asked after you first select something..

Zafir

From what I remember of it you have to select the item you want to make and then it'll ask whether you want Kawakami to do it instead. Just like how you get her to do laundry.

I'd save before hand though just because I've not played in a while and might be miss remembering.

From what I remember of it you have to select the item you want to make and then it'll ask whether you want Kawakami to do it instead. Just like how you get her to do laundry.

I'd save before hand though just because I've not played in a while and might be miss remembering.
That is how it works.

Link_enfant

Yaldabaoth
, this fucker.
I was just about to kill him, like one or two attacks away, then he focused on Joker on his last combo (using all his arms one after another), I even doubt I'd have survived that by guarding.

It's like the first time I lose while being so close to victory, and to makes things even worse, this is a very long battle which I didn't expect to lose so I don't feel like doing the whole thing again (even if I don't have to fight
Holy Grail
beforehand).

My team is level 71 iirc, should that be enough? I'm playing on Normal and it's my first Persona game.
I even had to use a Soma during the battle but that's not really an issue.

I'll gladly take some tips before restarting the battle. That was really frustrating :(

vypek

I don't think you can afford to use items to heal yourself if you are solo in them though, I had absorb for all elements but curse (I had repel on that one) so I didn't have to worry about healing, bullet damage was still a pain but only on the first phase. Heat Riser + Hassou Tobi is the way to go if you solo them, charge isn't really worth it imo unless you have your speed up since hassou tobi tends to miss a lot without sukukaja.

Also no lol, I meant that I needed that trophy so i decided to fight that boss after I've read them all.

Oh. Lol. I thought there was some book that would have made the fight easier or something. Haha :)

Thanks for the tips overall. I ended up leveling my characters first after I got into June and was in a mementos session. Almost exclusively used Hassou Tobi after I saw charge didn't seem to matter that much. I took a full team and they were okay for the most part when their weaknesses weren't being exploited. Luckily they didn't knock all of us down at the same time. It took a while but I beat them :) Kept buffing team defense and lowering their attack to make the battle easier. As well as lowering their accuracy and evasion. I was worried at times when Hassou Tobi would miss one of them and thought I'd end up accidentally killing one and not the other at the end and start over. But I guess I evened it out pretty well

So I finally got the platinum :)

The beginning of the game really feels like it drags on when you are in NG+ lol. But I might keep going and blast through the palaces since that is so fun.

How much time do I have to complete (what I think is) the second to last dungeon? Like, can I tackle it all in one go?

I'm asking about Shido.

Zafir

How much time do I have to complete (what I think is) the second to last dungeon? Like, can I tackle it all in one go?

I'm asking about Shido.

You can do it all in one go. You have until the deadline which is about 3 weeks. It works like dungeons 1 through 5 where even if you beat it and send the card you still have the rest of the deadline to do what you want.

What is the deal with Mishima? I swear the game flips back and forth on whether he knows Joker is a Phantom Thief. His Confidant description says he knows but I maxed him out and it never comes up. Then on the trip they don't want to talk about it with Mishima around. In October I'm getting messages from him where he's asking stuff as if I'm not one of them. Is this another translation fuck up?

What is the deal with Mishima? I swear the game flips back and forth on whether he knows Joker is a Phantom Thief. His Confidant description says he knows but I maxed him out and it never comes up. Then on the trip they don't want to talk about it with Mishima around. In October I'm getting messages from him where he's asking stuff as if I'm not one of them. Is this another translation fuck up?
The Phantom Thieves' relationship with Mishima is that they know he knows but they never admit it to his face.

Link_enfant

Nevermind my last post, I did it. What a relief!

I've waited a little bit more before restarting the battle, and it went so well that I actually didn't need to use a Soma this time.
I also happened to have
Abaddon
among my Persona's (got it right before the last battles), and man how helpful it was!
I definitely recommend to have it for the
final boss
if anyone has some trouble :)

That game is really insane on many levels.
I'm really tempted to go for the Platinum even though that'll require a NG+, but that'll wait some time as I have so many other games on my backlog (and already spent more than 150 hours on Persona 5... wow)

When you're doing requests he only sends to you, you've pretty much given up on the secrecy thing. Everybody seems to be supernaturally compelled to be an ass to him for no real reason.

When you're doing requests he only sends to you, you've pretty much given up on the secrecy thing. Everybody seems to be supernaturally compelled to be an ass to him for no real reason.
My favorite part is near the end when
Sae and Sojiro are active members of your discussions and are present at your get-togethers but no one ever even thinks to invite Mishima.

MikeBison

A question please people..
Just finished
Shido's
palace and in the story aftermath of that.

How much longer is left? Loved the game but I'm about ready for it to finish now.

December 19th if that helps jog your memory

A question please people..
Just finished
Shido's
palace and in the story aftermath of that.

How much longer is left? Loved the game but I'm about ready for it to finish now.

December 19th if that helps jog your memory

Just the Final Dungeon Left (you have like a day and a half of social stuff left IIRC , the rest is plot). Though you have to complete any of Mementos you missed (you should go in before you're forced ri finish any requests if you have any left, they don't count on the last day).

Also finish up Strength as much as you can before 24/12.

In real time, the last section is pretty long, due to story heaviness, I'd say you have about 10 hours left ?

MikeBison

Just the Final Dungeon Left (you have like a day and a half of social stuff left IIRC , the rest is plot). Though you have to complete any of Mementos you missed (you should go in before you're forced ri finish any requests if you have any left, they don't count on the last day).

Also finish up Strength as much as you can before 24/12.

In real time, the last section is pretty long, due to story heaviness, I'd say you have about 10 hours left ?

Ok that. Pretty sure I've finished mementos as far as possible
did the a rank one where the boss is that penis persona

Didn't realise there was that much left! But, jrpg I suppose.

MikeBison

Ps the bit about the strength confidant, is that because a certain persona is recommended for the last stretch? Or just because that's how long you have to complete the confident?

muteki

Coming down to the end of the game and it looks like I will have 8-10 days of nothing to do confidant wise until the ending (aggravates me even more missing the last sun day). Even did all the requests which I wasn't planning on doing.

I've gotten as far down in Mementos as possible and even beating the boss in front of it the door doesn't open. I guess this is locked for story reasons?

Ps the bit about the strength confidant, is that because a certain persona is recommended for the last stretch? Or just because that's how long you have to complete the confident?

It locks somewhere on 24/12 but I'm not sure if it's from the start of the day or certain plot events.

You don't need anything specific from it no.

MikeBison

It locks somewhere on 24/12 but I'm not sure if it's from the start of the day or certain plot events.

You don't need anything specific from it no.

Ok well accidentally went into the 24th so probably won't be able to finish that. Left it on 8th rank, but it doesn't other me too much.

Thanks for your help.

So I totally broke the game at the end, and I wasn't even at lvl 99, but the combination of buffs and debuffs + Concentrate with Shining Arrows and Charge + God's Hand destroyed
Shido

I must say he felt quite underwhelming.

Link_enfant

Do we have any idea about what
Sae's rank 10 ability (True Judgment)
does?
Even at the very end, it stills
displays "??????????" as a description.

So I totally broke the game at the end, and I wasn't even at lvl 99, but the combination of buffs and debuffs + Concentrate with Shining Arrows and Charge + God's Hand destroyed
Shido

I must say he felt quite underwhelming.

Shining Arrows is Hassou Tobi league broken. If things don't feel underwhelming when you use it, people without it will probably get rofl-stomped.

Shining Arrows is Hassou Tobi league broken. If things don't feel underwhelming when you use it, people without it will probably get rofl-stomped.

Indeed. However, his damage was quite underwhelming IMO. It was high before the buffs and debuffs but once I used all the abilities he was hitting like, 80? I was healing with mid tier healing only because of how little damage he did. Plus, he misses A LOT if you decrease his accuracy and increase yours.

broz0rs

I wish there was an option to not have confidant exp boost when creating Personas. I created the 2nd to last one and was pretty hyped for it to have the two top almighty spells, only to realize its stats are even across the board and you only get one level to customize stats because it starts at level 98. What a waste.

Fou-Lu

12/17
I am in late December and have completed most of the Persona compendium except those last few group fusions that take a lot of Personas and the max social link personas from Fool and Magician. (Yoshitsune, Metatron, Lucifer, and I think one other from group fusion). Problem is, I'm outta money. How can I make the money I need to fuse them at this point in the game?

12/17
I am in late December and have completed most of the Persona compendium except those last few group fusions that take a lot of Personas and the max social link personas from Fool and Magician. (Yoshitsune, Metatron, Lucifer, and I think one other from group fusion). Problem is, I'm outta money. How can I make the money I need to fuse them at this point in the game?

Don't worry, just keep progressing.

Am I supposed to one shot the boss for Tae's social link?

Is that the one that keeps healing itself? You should get it as close to half HP and make sure you can burst the remaining in one shot.

Oh, that's what you meant. If you're at the stage where you have megaton raid, you're pretty overleveled for that request already.
Makes sense. I'm was at the end of Palace 6 and just doing shit while I'm waiting for that deadline and finally got enough charm to access that mission. Level 52 I think and Megaton Raid hit that thing with 1308 points of damage. I fucking just laughed in disbelief. I even buffed my defense in preparation for a hard battle, nope just one shotted.

Hazmat

Beat it tonight at 95:51.

Really just excellent. I've been waiting for this for years and it didn't disappoint. I finished all the Confidants except Haru, who I got to 6/10. I was able to complete Yusuke, Iwai, and Shinya all in the last 3 or so days available, so I'm satisfied. My daytime Confidants seemed to lag behind my nighttime ones, I think I spent too many days raising social stats. Still, I got way closer (because it was way easier) to maxing them all than other Personas.

Ending/Whole game spoilers:

I didn't look at a guide for anything other than fusion stuff and a few other things, and they got me worried I'd gotten bad endings after palace 6 and at the end.
Morgana telling me the mission was a failure as everyone was disappearing really got me.

One of my biggest takeaways is that I felt like more of a hero taking down a sadistic gym teacher than I have saving the world in a lot of other games. They build the world and the characters well enough that it's really effective.

I didn't use Morgana much in the second half of the game, but I really liked him. I even backed off of Ann, leading to the one Persona game where my MC wasn't a complete man-whore (monogamous Makoto), because it was clear he had a crush on her.

And Shinjiro goes down as #1 Bro in the history of Persona bros for just leaving on Valentine's Day when your lady comes over.

Cess007

Just finished it tonight too, 104.30 hrs according to my save file. All I can say is that it's one of the best JRPGs I've ever played, and so far, my GOTY.

Ending Spoilers:

I liked almost every single confidant, tho I really liked some characters more (I will defend Ryuji and Morgana on this board forever) and I was faithful to my queen Makoto. I almost shed a tear when Mona was disappearing , and my only disappointment with the game is that we never see a human Morgana, I would have loved to see him on a human form.

Also, I would have liked a more expanding epilogue, similar to the one in P4 Golden when you return after sometime and see everyone again.

And, Rivers in the Desert goes down as one of the best 'Boss Theme' ever. EVER.

BTA

Just got to palace 7's treasure room.

Having known the whole Loki thing for a bit, that was still a pretty effective reveal of it and I didn't see him being Shido's son coming (I expected part of what he wanted to be Shido adopting him), but it totally fits with the theme of the game. That being said, uh...

The game wants me to treat this like a heroic sacrifice and feel sad, right? Because I kinda do, but... I've been conditioned to expect that this kind of death scene (cut off, don't see them die, etc.) just means they'll show up to save you in a dramatic scene later, you know? So right now I barely feel sad (and the sorta jarring switch back to the treasure room stuff + the really blunt text message discussion didn't help), and if he's really gone I'll probably sorta feel disappointed later if they don't resolve things well enough...

Also, I'm at like 75% compendium and soooorta have an overpowered stock right now. But I guess that's to be expected after farming to the cap for money; I'll probably try to fuse as much as possible before the game ends, but I won't have maxed 3 confidants so actually finishing the compendium will have to wait for NG+.

Can someone just confirm for me that the game isn't completely subbed? I've heard there are missing subtitles? In cutscenes specifically.

So it's better to play the game dubbed? With subtitles on or off?

SirNinja

Looking back, I realized that during my first playthrough, I returned at least five DVDs late, yet I never had to pay a fee for any of them. After the first late fee, which was waived, something always came up with the cashier and I was able to return it freely.

Part of me wants to believe this is luck-based, but now I kinda doubt it. Has anyone ever actually had to pay a late fee?

Top Bottom