• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |eSports| 4444 Life

According to Ryce there were playable builds in Germany (and wouldn't be surprise in France too) a few days ago and the embargo for it lifts soon. So more information particularly game play related will be coming out soon.

You can add to this if you want.

Sources tell us that there might be a cat inside the bag. We'll know for sure at the end of the week.

I can't wait to see all this. :p

Hypothetically, which cats are you questioning the whereabouts of?

Marvel vs Catcom Infinite : Age of Meows.

Numb

For Honor is still the most played fighting game !

Steven_Seagal_zoomed.gif~c200

Line_HTX

E-League did something useful in that I see commentator promos in the NBA playoffs like Marv Albert and Kevin Harlan reading off.

Ryce

Ryce doesn't have insider info. He's not a source. He's not a reporter, or a journalist. He's just a guy who wants attention. And the fact that I spent 3 posts saying the guy is trying to stir up drama and people shouldn't fall for it is both hilarious and sad.
I don't know where this weird attitude is coming from, but you need to realize that "insider" isn't an occupation. I'm a regular guy who is sometimes lucky enough to hear things from people who are actually connected to the industry. How giving people a heads up that we're getting news this week qualifies as "wanting attention" and "stirring up drama" is beyond me.

Coda

I don't know where this weird attitude is coming from, but you need to realize that "insider" isn't an occupation. I'm a regular guy who is sometimes lucky enough to hear things from people who are actually connected to the industry. How giving people a heads up that we're getting news this week qualifies as "wanting attention" and "stirring up drama" is beyond me.

Some people just like to stir the pot. Just keep doing your thing Ryce, we've believed you since you let us know a new MvC game was about to be revealed.

Don't listen to those idiotic haters man.

Your info is always appreciated by the fans. Sometimes I feel like you're building better hype for announcements than capcom themselves.

Beckx

i mean, i think that accurately summarizes 99% of "insider" activity on GAF: building the hype train. whatever, people love that - until they decide they don't like the game and turn on the "insider" which has now happened multiple times (most recently with shinobi)

the other 1% was ntkrnl

Tripon

You are still not saying shit.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
How giving people a heads up that we're getting news this week qualifies as "wanting attention" and "stirring up drama" is beyond me.

Some of us don't find any value in "announcements of upcoming announcements," and doubly so when there's no immediately apparent credibility behind it. This isn't really meant as a personal attack or anything, but it is why I understand that some other people would look at it as if it's attention-whoring.

Personally, I rarely get swept-up by pre-release hype in any capacity; it's difficult for me to be excited about a game at all until it's actually a tangible thing that I can play.

MrCarter

Brownie points for your marvellous (hehe) comprehension skills. Why are you being so hostile towards him anyway? We all know he's not saying "shit" because if he did say "shit" we might not get a heads up to when more info might drop in the future.

So what? We can only go about a month or two before some nonsense drama happens because of "Mahvel"? Is that it?

It did, but it balanced it by having special moves on a cooldown.

Personally I thought it worked pretty well, was a fun game.
Personally I found it super frustrating, but it was definitely very easy to pick up and play. Very low barrier to entry, not too hard to get the basics down to start playing the game.

notworksafe

thank goodness we got a leak that news might happen eventually. wouldn't want to jeopardize knowing of a future hint that a thing might happen early.

Tripon

Brownie points for your marvellous (hehe) comprehension skills. Why are you being so hostile towards him anyway? We all know he's not saying "shit" because if he did say "shit" we might not get a heads up to when more info might drop in the future.
Because he's not saying shit.

Edit: not everything needs to be delved into a deep and meaningful discussion on why a person thinks a certain way. Ryce didn't say anything of value, I'm saying he's not saying anything of value. Until he does, I'm just going to leave it as 'shit'.

Ryce

"Saying shit" could get people in trouble. You're not entitled to what I've been told in private.

Some of us don't find any value in "announcements of upcoming announcements," and doubly so when there's no immediately apparent credibility behind it.
I put it out there for those who care. Just letting one rabid, desperate MvC fan know that they won't have to wait until E3 to hear more about the game is worth it to me. The MvCI thread has been nothing but speculation for four months. It's pretty easy to avoid that sort of stuff if you don't care about it.

To be fair, getting news of Capcom announcing a new addition to SF5 by Friday would be an appreciated bit of news, even if the content isn't solid so i can sorta see the appeal.

lol

Ryce

Then don't say shit! Nothing at all! If your info is true then, the amount you already revealed can be traced back.
MvCI's reveal at PSX and the existence of a European press tour could be traced back to hundreds of people. The totality of what I know about the game is so specific that it could probably be traced back to two people in a very specific office. I'm not going to post anything that could get someone in trouble. I am told these things about the game with the expectation that it stays between us.

Tripon

MvCI's reveal at PSX and the existence of a European press tour could be traced back to hundreds of people. The totality of what I know about the game is so specific that it could probably be traced back to two people in a very specific office. I'm not going to post anything that could get someone in trouble. I am told these things about the game with the expectation that it stays between us.
But it didn't stay between you two? That's a shitty thing you did to your friend.

can't become the messiah of gaf if you don't trickle out the information and have people begging at your feet for some new announcement of an announcement of a teaser of an ono blanka tweet with vague references

Ryce I understand your position. I was in a similar position in 2010 with SFxT. However shit like this can get you banned on GAF so you should at least tell someone(most likely a mod) via PM who can varify the info was legit after it's announced. If you get varified people aren't going to give you shit.

Ryce

Ryce I understand your position. I was in a similar position in 2010 with SFxT. However shit like this can get you banned on GAF so you should at least tell someone(most likely a mod) via PM who can varify the info was legit after it's announced. If you get varified people aren't going to give you shit.
I did that a while ago before the MvCI announcement at PSX, but (very few) people still give me shit. I don't think anyone here disbelieves me -- it's just that they're frustrated I'm "withholding" things from them.

I did that a while ago before the MvCI announcement at PSX, but (very few) people still give me shit. I don't think anyone here disbelieves me -- it's just that they're frustrated I'm "withholding" things from them.

That's okay man, keep doing your thing, haters will be left behind

Dahbomb

Man don't worry about this stuff, just do what you do and let me eat on behalf of Tripon's wallet.

Top Bottom