• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Samurai Jack Season 5 |OT| But Yeah, I’m Thinking I’m Back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xe4

Banned
This is a post to try to clearly explain when and where the Samurai Jack premier is.

UU6X992.png

Strangely enough, to the best of my knowledge. Samurai Jack's season 5 premier does not show first on Toonami.

The Samurai Jack AS stream has the premier showing at 10:30 PM ET/ 3:30 AM GMT, after a 10:00 PM ET/3:00 AM GMT Genndy Tartakovsky Live Q & A. I believe this will be free, that is, to the best of my knowledge it will not require a cable login to view. I believe it will repeat multiple times after that, as well.

Toonami, then has its premier a half hour after that, at 11:00 PM ET/4:00 AM GMT.

To avoid splintering discussion, it may be best to have a discussion of the 10:30 showing in here, and watch the 11:00 in the Toonami |OT|. I'll try to stick with this and likely watch both the 10:30 and 11:00 showings, but really, just post where you feel most comfortable.

I'll continue to update the thread with new information as I get it : )
I am not sure if this is going to be a reoccurring thing or not.

Edit: also,

Oh my god, the chat in that stream is probably the worst i've seen. Needs some moderation. Hopefully they do a stream with every episode!

Xe4

Banned
BTW, The Birth of Evil is on now, good intro into how Aku came to be, and great episode on its own. After the two parter is over, it should switch to the Genndy Q&A, and then the premier.

That was a shockingly good show, and the parody of SJ in that episode was on point. Not surprising given they had Genndy on as a guest.

VariantX

S5 of samurai jack is less than a hour away, probably best birthday present i could think of that I could get from television.

I remember the episode where Dave Mustaine of Megadeth guest starred as an amnesiac parody of himself and a song off The System Has Failed Us was used at the end of the episode. It was great.

I especially love the Green Loontern episode. Dodgers poking fun at how obviously evil looking Sinestro is, was hilarious.

Xe4

Banned
This is what Seda posted in the Toonami OT
I guess just to make it clear, if you are going to watch the early airing, keep any live thoughts in the Samurai Jack OT until it airs on Toonami. Although you might want to use discretion on how much you say because I'm sure some people are waiting for the TV airing there too.

Just to go all letter-of-the-law for the thread purposes.

Feel free to talk Q&A in here though if you want.

So, to reiterate, don't post at all in the Toonami OT until 11:00, and in here, try to refrain from posting anything spoilerish without a tag.

After 11 as the show airs, posting is open season though, so be aware, there will be untagged spoilers in here.

TheFlow

Banned
This is what Seda posted in the Toonami OT

So, to reiterate, don't post at all in the Toonami OT until 11:00, and in here, try to refrain from posting anything spoilerish without a tag.

After 11 as the show airs, posting is open season though, so be aware, there will be untagged spoilers in here.
Pretty much. Tag spoilers until episode actually airs on tv. Like the other tv threads

I completely forgot this was showing today! Thank goodness I saw the OT! Went to go set it for record immediately. I am NOT missing this!

Geist-

I sincerely hope he does another 2d series not too long after Jack ends. Either a continuation of one of his other shows or something brand new, he's too good at directing 2d animation to be stuck doing 'meh' CG films.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom