• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

It Teaser Trailer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saya

Langoliers was the only good King miniseries

I actually wonder with opportunities like Netflix if miniseries style isn't still the best way to adapt King's densest works.

Salem's Lot was pretty good too.

I really wanted to hear It's voice in the trailer. Guess that'll have to wait until the next trailer.

B33

Banned
Bobby, at least tell me you liked the Shining mini series better than the Kubrick version...
The Kubrick version may not be as accurate as the miniseries, but it's still a better adaptation.

Accuracy doesn't always make for a better adaptation. The miniseries also had an inadequate budget and it shows. It's a rough watch.

Edit: Hahaha. Bobby's gif reaction is perfect.

I think it looks pretty terrific. The design of Pennywise looks orders of magnitude better than in the photos that were released.

Also, since this is focusing on the kid portion of the novel, we presumably won't have any giant spider or magic rock bullshit.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
And lo, the nerds we feared would bring us to our knees, raised us upon their shields and carried us into Valhalla- Hollywood Studio Execs.

Yeah, this is one of the bigger questions about the adaptation, and one the filmmakers have said they're aware of. So I don't know how they're going to sidestep it. Because there's no fuckin way they actually introduce it.

King was on one when he wrote this. There's a lot of really questionable shit in the novel.

really.gif~c200

given its been a long time since I read the book (read it a few times, HUGE king fan here) and if I remember correctly they could pretty easily cut that entire scene and it wouldn't hurt the story. It was all about them creating a closer bond and being more connected via that scene.

And man that trailer was pretty good imo. Wonder how close it will follow the source material.

The Stand was a good miniseries imo, been a long time since I watched it though, but leagues better than IT.

zeemumu

Yeah, this is one of the bigger questions about the adaptation, and one the filmmakers have said they're aware of. So I don't know how they're going to sidestep it. Because there's no fuckin way they actually introduce it.

King was on one when he wrote this. There's a lot of really questionable shit in the novel.

Sidestep it the same way that the miniseries did. Just have them leave or change it to a blood pact or use the inhaler pact again, etc. It's not an essential part of the plot so you could easily remove it without losing anything

Did anyone else get the feeling that the trailer told the entire plot and spoiled everything?

edit: oh, wait. thought i was in another thread.

Cardon

Looks decent. I don't know if I should feel bad about myself for laughing at the final seconds of the trailer. Just caused me to giggle for some reason.

oatmeal

Banned
Can't wait.. I loved the original movie (not the best acting) but still its a classic

The OG movie made me pee my pants in kindergarten.

I don't know HOW or WHY my parents let me watch it with them during the ABC airings, but they did and I did...

Fast forward to school and I was too scared to go to the bathroom solo, fearing a blood balloon in there...danced until the pee came out.

kaskade

Wow, looks awesome.

People seemed to be a little iffy on the design. Plus there was that director stuff that went on with Cary Fukunaga leaving.

SCARING THE LITTLE GIRL?!

ZJyeOc.gif

Nice! Maybe if there is success we'll see a Salem's Lot project next

Salem's Lot was pretty good too.

I really wanted to hear It's voice in the trailer. Guess that'll have to wait until the next trailer.

Actually only seen the Salem's Lot mini once when I was 10 but I did remember enjoying it. Need to see it again for certain.

SpaceWolf

Banned

I'm amazed that that element of the book seemingly didn't kick up more controversy at the time of its publication, considering how widely read King was as an author. A lot of people must have been pretty outraged. I imagine King wrote the book during one of his infamous cocaine drug binges?

I would have imagined the film-makers would want to flat-out tell people they never attempted to adapt that sequence as opposed to just leaving people wondering...so that does seem strange.

SMOK3Y

Generous Member
The OG movie made me pee my pants in kindergarten.

I don't know HOW or WHY my parents let me watch it with them during the ABC airings, but they did and I did...

Fast forward to school and I was too scared to go to the bathroom solo, fearing a blood balloon in there...danced until the pee came out.
Sorry to hear mate.. but lol 😊

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
Salems lot was awesome!

The Stand was OK

I actually enjoyed Storm Of The century

IT had it's moments, but it was rather terrible, but I was intrigued enough to buy the book. Read that behemoth of a book in Junior high and it was great!!

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
I had no idea New Line Cinema was still around.

I will always be disappointed that Cary Fukunaga didn't get to make this :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom