• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

St. Louis Restaurant Owner gives details on incident with police during protests

I know first hand of a friend I went to high school with who left the Houston PD for the same reason. He couldn't sit by and be "one of the good ones" while so many on the force were terrible and got promoted for it,
And this is the key. It's not just that there's so many shitty, corrupt cops it's that more often than not the shitty ones are the ones getting singled out for advancement as a signal to the other officers that they need to be shittier to get ahead.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
Fucking pathetic. This is what happens when no one is watching the watchmen. They feel invincible and untouchable. And they are. That’s the horrifying thing.

Although trying to pull their shit on non-black/Brown folks is a lot riskier...

Fucking pathetic. This is what happens when no one is watching the watchmen. They feel invincible and untouchable. And they are. That’s the horrifying thing.

Is it? They all but declared war on a local business owner and "job creator". Who steps in at that point?

The problem with not punishing the blatant infractions of civil rights is the escalation. They'll continue to push boundaries until someone with actual authority punishes them. That "someone" are the 12 ladies and gentlemen in the jury box during the few cases that actually go to trial. The police are a reflection of the ugly attitudes of America. It's only now with HD photos/video/audio and social media that we get to see that ugliness up close and unfiltered every day.

Hmm an armed militia chanting our streets. I guess that's an upgrade to tiki torches and chanting blood and soil.

Has the defense force popped up claiming not all cops when it's a full PD and union?

BrokenBox

This is really terrible. The guy runs a great restaurant, and I learned a whole lot more about him and how he’s treated police in the past from this article/his post. Seeing the backlash from the snowflake BlueLM shitheads makes me angry. I hope something good can come from sharing his story and the potential ACLU action.

How is it ok for a Police Union to advise people to harass citizens?

Police protections need to be rethought and removed. This shit is getting ridiculous.

Risible

Is it sad that I'm actually amazed the owner is white? I just assumed when I read the summary that he was a person of color.

Not gonna lie, if I was a PoC I would be thinking twice about living in the US right about now. The outright blatant facism/racism on display is simply astounding.

This country was a mistake.

Is it sad that I'm actually amazed the owner is white? I just assumed when I read the summary that he was a person of color.

Not gonna lie, if I was a PoC I would be thinking twice about living in the US right about now. The outright blatant facism/racism on display is simply astounding.

If he were black he'd be dead or in jail by now.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
I'm still waiting to hear a single person respond "All lives matter." when they see Blue Lives Matter.

I know I shouldn’t be surprised but WTF reading that article. They straight up marched on his place in riot gear to intimidate. That department needs to be completed dismantled and start over.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Good for him for standing up to these gangsters and telling them to fuck off.

R0ckman

Yeah I think its clear that its just completely corrupted and a complete nation wide purge needs to occur. Its telling when the good cops choose to stay silent or leave the force and only mumur about the corruption instead of doing a full on vocal fight against it.

Reason #19493591 that the KKKeebler Elf probably wasn't the best pick for AG. This is exactly the kind of outfits that should be under outside pressure to change and press charges.

I mean shit, they must want the South Bronx circa 1979 or some shit.

Won't help if the officers have them off.

Yeah, this is one of those real broken police that figures anything that stops anything they do is against them and is therefore an enemy of police. Like black folks, business owners, and lawyers with their pesky civil suits, it's all anti-police!

R0ckman

Actually how do the officers get away with this without going to court?

Big-ass Ramp

hella bullets that's true
Disgusting. Disband American cops and let communities police themselves. That's actually what many local Antifacist groups are trying to do right now, so hopefully progress is coming.

Algebrah

I live down the street from this restaurant and eat there often. It's time for me eat even more deep dish. RIP waist line

Truly some Judge Dreddesque authoritarian attitude that acts as one of the greatest detriments to what police are supposed to be. Service and protection to the community they server. While all we continue to see is the belief that they exist to demand respect in whatever way they deem appropriate.

Top Bottom