• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Alan Wake - The First 12 Minutes (German)

S1kkZ

@prophet steve: thats what the description on the 2nd stream says.
"warning: there story details in this clip!"

Since I don't care about the game at this point, spoilers aren't an issue. I'll watch it to see if I can garner any interest in the title.

S1kkZ

soco said:
honestly, the german voice sounds better done than the english one.
the voice of alan is much better in german. never expected that, since most microsoft games have a terrible german dubbing (halo).

derFeef

S1kkZ said:
the voice of alan is much better in german. never expected that, since most microsoft games have a terrible german dubbing (halo).
Oh thats good to hear! but... must resist!

Not touching this. My excitement for Alan Wake is too extreme to have the first part of the game splashed upon me like a golden stream of spoilage.

derFeef

Shogun PaiN said:
English version streams a hell of a lot faster and the English voice seems to have a lot more emotion than the German one.
Allright, I watched it (shame on me). Both versions.
This is some impressive stuff, for real. And yes I agree, english version works and fits better. Also the german player seems a bit,... impatient, wanting to make progress for whatever it costs. makes me angry.

S1kkZ

derFeef said:
Allright, I watched it (shame on me). Both versions.
This is some impressive stuff, for real. And yes I agree, english version works and fits better. Also the german player seems a bit,... impatient, wanting to make progress for whatever it costs. makes me angry.
both versions are played by germans. but yeah: the english version sound better (alans voice sounds much better then in the trailers) but ther german dubbing is still good.

derFeef

S1kkZ said:
both versions are played by germans. but yeah: the english version sound better (alans voice sounds much better then in the trailers) but ther german dubbing is still good.
Maybe it was the same player twice, would be an explanation ;) Was not meant rude or something. The german dub is good for MS standards, I agree (oh god, Gears)

edit:
Anyway, not watching anymore as this was enough now. It was not a spoiler per se if you follow the game closely. Previews wrote about this exact thing very often.

S1kkZ said:
you think the gears dub is bad? have you played gears 2 in german? one of the worst dubbings out there.
Yeah, about 10 minutes, Dom is horrible.

S1kkZ

derFeef said:
Maybe it was the same player twice, would be an explanation ;) Was not meant rude or something. The german dub is good for MS standards, I agree (oh god, Gears)
you think the gears dub is bad? have you played gears 2 in german? one of the worst dubbings out there.

Worst gameplay video ever. I seriously wanted to punch the guy playing on at least 10 different occasions. I don't understand a lick of German, but even I knew what the game wanted me to do every time - the guy playing is jumping around like a moron and always looking at the wrong places for visual events.

But yeah, as for the actual game, seems decent. I'd think the "paint your target with light" thing would get annoying by the 10th enemy, though.

derFeef

Revolutionary said:
Worst gameplay video ever. I seriously wanted to punch the guy playing on at least 10 different occasions. I don't understand a lick of German, but even I knew what the game wanted me to do every time - the guy playing is jumping around like a moron and always looking at the wrong places for visual events.
That`s what I thought also. "Let me play let me play jump jump" The english video is much better.

Revolutionary said:
But yeah, as for the actual game, seems decent. I'd think the "paint your target with light" thing would get annoying by the 10th enemy, though.
People said that about the slowmo in Max Payne as well before it came out.

yencid

one problem i saw... that chase sequence with the hitch hiker needed to loose the camera control, it should have been chosen for a more cinematic experience. It looked weird to me

ShogunX

yencid said:
one problem i saw... that chase sequence with the hitch hiker needed to loose the camera control, it should have been chosen for a more cinematic experience. It looked weird to me

Did you watch the English version? That version pans the camera around to focus on the Hitchhiker more so you get a better taste of whats going on.

derFeef said:
People said that about the slowmo in Max Payne as well before it came out.
Not really a good example, since it was somewhat optional. I know I didn't use it TOO often... only when I felt I needed to.

Anyway, I saw the English version this time - muchhhh better. :lol

yencid

Shogun PaiN said:
Did you watch the English version? That version pans the camera around to focus on the Hitchhiker more so you get a better taste of whats going on.
thats actually the one that i did see and for me it felt like the user actually controlling the camera made it worse... when he starts running through the bridge for example it would have been nice to see a wide angle to see the shadows getting closer and you running or something.

GCX

This deserves so much more hype.

It's a Remedy game people! It's guaranteed to be a glorious experience!

derFeef said:

edit:
Anyway, not watching anymore as this was enough now. It was not a spoiler per se if you follow the game closely. Previews wrote about this exact thing very often.

Yeah, about 10 minutes, Dom is horrible.
It's okay but nothing to compare with Halo 3: ODST. The main reason why i only play videogames in english.

Btw. great that i can resist against this videos :)

Wazzim

Banned
Only watched about 2min. but I'm sold already.

The presentation is just phenomenal, really good.
It took long but I bet it will be worth the wait!

Top Bottom