• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Alan Wake - The First 12 Minutes (German)

S1kkZ

could a mod change the thread title (english version available) and the op add the link to the english version?

LordPhoque said:
Almost no hype for this game, yet it is a strong potential GOTY.
There is hype, it's just been spread across five or more years.

This is one of three games I decided I would buy an Xbox 360 for when the original "launch window lineup" was announced.

I've been on media blackout for months.

Doesn't mean I'm not hyped.

nilam01

Banned
I just watched a part of it but.....

jizz.gif

daffyfap.gif

NoddingNicholson.gif

16ad3ie.gif

verone_gif.gif

slider

What's the consensus? Should I watch or not? I've waited a long time... been starved of media... and here it is, practically in the palm of my hand. Hmm.

Screw it, I'm not watching. Soooo close I can almost taste it...

EDIT: Phew, got that gif above my post to watch instead. : )

Dogenzaka

Banned
Who gives a damn if you watch it or not, watch it if you want.
It's not like God of War 3 where the best parts of the game are in the first 12 minutes

right

right

slider

Dogenzaka said:
It's not like God of War 3 where the best parts of the game are in the first 12 minutes

right

right

Just in case that's directed at me(!)... I give a damn and was seeking opinions of people that had watched it. That's why I asked. Of all the shit posted on here... sheesh. Thanks for taking the fucking time to reply.

Pooya

Dogenzaka said:

right

right
wrong, it was awesome, I played through it 3 times in a row.

Shake Appeal said:
There is hype, it's just been spread across five or more years.

This is one of three games I decided I would buy an Xbox 360 for when the original "launch window lineup" was announced.

I've been on media blackout for months.

Doesn't mean I'm not hyped.

You and me both, brother. I still can't believe it's only a month away now.

Dogenzaka said:

right

right
Spaceywrooooooongggggggggg.jpg

derFeef

slider said:
Just in case that's directed at me(!)... I give a damn and was seeking opinions of people that had watched it. That's why I asked. Of all the shit posted on here... sheesh. Thanks for taking the fucking time to reply.
On the first page I posted that, if you follow the game very closely and read much previews (especially the recent ones), than this is not really a spoiler. If you want to dive into the game without anything knowing and like to be surprised, do not watch it though.

I watched it and I kind of regret it, but not because of the story, because of when the game comes out, I know how to handle the first 12 minutes :)

slider

derFeef said:
On the first page I posted that, if you follow the game very closely and read much previews (especially the recent ones), than this is not really a spoiler. If you want to dive into the game without anything knowing and like to be surprised, do not watch it though.

I watched it and I kind of regret it, but not because of the story, because of when the game comes out, I know how to handle the first 12 minutes :)

Thanks man. I'll be honest I skimmed over the thread just in case there was discussion of storyline. Just goes to show. And with that I'm out of this thread.

MMaRsu

Banned
Not gonna click it.. this is a game that deserves an unspoilered playthrough. Well even if I have seen a few trailers.. I'd rather play the game for a first time myself.

pr0cs

I couldn't resist. Looks awesome.
It is really going to be a trip, seems like a very King-esque ride.. can't wait for the full game.

MMaRsu said:
Not gonna click it.. this is a game that deserves an unspoilered playthrough. Well even if I have seen a few trailers.. I'd rather play the game for a first time myself.

I can only hope we don't get Heavy Rain'd in the next few weeks with this. An e-break might be in the cards come the game's release.

Dogenzaka

Banned
slider said:

I wasn't necessarily talking to you....I was generally addressing some people who were making the first 10 minutes "tutorial" section of this game to be a bigger deal than it has to be. Watch it if you want to! Don't if you don't.

Then again, GoW3's first 10 minutes were a rip in a polar bear's nutsack on a scale of awesomeness.

ShogunX

Dogenzaka said:
I wasn't necessarily talking to you....I was generally addressing some people who were making the first 10 minutes "tutorial" section of this game to be a bigger deal than it has to be. Watch it if you want to! Don't if you don't.

Then again, GoW3's first 10 minutes were a rip in a polar bear's nutsack on a scale of awesomeness.

Uhhh you are such a Debbie Downer.

Unless it's a PS3 exclusive

Dogenzaka

Banned
Shogun PaiN said:

Unless it's a PS3 exclusive

I'm curious as to where people get this idea? Especially since I criticized about God of War 3 and I'm actually looking forward to Alan Wake.

ShogunX

Dogenzaka said:
I'm curious as to where people get this idea? Especially since I criticized about God of War 3 and I'm actually looking forward to Alan Wake.

I remember somebody calling you out in the Gears 3 thread because you done something similar is all.

Edit - ^^ Thanks.

Dogenzaka

Banned

No, I'm realistic. lol. My general rule of thumb is, if you want to watch it, go ahead. Don't pace back and forth in your room over the horrendous consequences of what will happen to your brain if you watch a 10 minute tutorial section of a game. If you want to watch it, just do it and don't pop a brain zit thinking about how it will ruin your life. If you don't want to watch it, stay far away and that's that. Just my opinion on the ordeal. It's just a video game. I think people overthink about these little things waaaay too much.

I'm gonna pre-order this game next month and I'm gonna watch this to see if the game's changed substantially since E3.

I remember somebody calling you out in the Gears 3 thread because you done something similar is all.

That's because he was a moron.
I'm a harsh critic over a large pool of games ranging from different platforms.

slider

Dogenzaka said:

Fair enough; sensitivity to spoilers notwithstanding. I guess my issue was I know I want to watch it but didn't realise how it'd affect my enjoyment when the game's in my hands. Nope, I'm seriously out now - GOW 3 and Heavy Rain style.

Having seen your further post... for me personally it's not that big a deal. Certainly not pacing around my room. I'm just killing time on GAF!

And, er, apologies for coming across like an aggressive jack-ass.

Dogenzaka

Banned
slider said:
Fair enough; sensitivity to spoilers notwithstanding. I guess my issue was I know I want to watch it but didn't realise how it'd affect my enjoyment when the game's in my hands. Nope, I'm seriously out now - GOW 3 and Heavy Rain style.

Having seen your further post... for me personally it's not that big a deal. Certainly not pacing around my room. I'm just killing time on GAF!

And, er, apologies for coming across like an aggressive jack-ass.

That's fine! :) Some people just end up having a better experience under a blackout. No worries.

I'm sorry if I came off as a jackass too.

ShinNL

tissot said:
What's the download link? The stream is taking forever.
There's no download link, I'm just downloading the stream...

And I'm still downloading it ._.

I think these guys are bypassing rapidshare's download system or something :lol
This is the direct link to the stream as the site is using it.
http://rs354tg.rapidshare.com/files...ish-Gameplay-Episode-1-Nightmare-Gamestar.mp4

I thought rapidshare download links expire, so I think that stream won't work later on. Unless this is some rapidshare service I've never heard of.

234MB for the English version...

Dogenzaka

Banned
Shogun PaiN said:
Youtube link - Alan Wake First 12 Minutes

Loads a lot faster and is the English Version.

Thank you! The German version was taking forever to buffer.

Such good soundtrack. It's incredible.
Soundtrack makes a game sometimes.

Oh gosh...the plot. I'm gonna have to control myself.....I hate games with extremely supernatural horror plots.

Well it doesn't matter...I'm in it for the thrills...and I hope it delivers.

Die...die...die...die...:lol :lol so fucking corny

EDIT: OMG the atmosphere of this game is ridonkulously frightening
like in the house

EDIT2: Writing is still wildly corny....
only the light can remove the darkness do I sound kingdom heartsy yet

So far, mixed feelings about the game. Yet I still highly anticipate it because I'm totally into games like this and Heavy Rain and stuff.

Some stuff is laughably corny but otherwise it's pretty tense and moody.

derFeef

Everyone mentions the graphics, but I really dig the sound effects and the music (cues). Excellently. Also
Anyone else thinks the "light" sounds like Alan himself?

HOLY **** @ everything.

The initial quote from King is perfectly spot-on, the imaginative work that went through this little tutorial is incredible.

Damn that house section.

And the light.

I knew this game was going to be really good. But this. And it's a tutorial.

I'm impressed. Even more than I thought I would be. My avatar change was worth it :lol

falconzss

Masta_Killah said:
That was amazing. Like an interactive novel.

yeah that's the feeling i've got while watching it. the audio is what has me impressed the most though. it creates so much tension and makes for a great overall atmosphere as far as this gameplay trailer goes. wasn't interested at all in this game but know i'd like to check it out.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
That was absolute shit. WTF? Remedy said the tearing was gone, and what's up with that gameplay? It must be the silliest intro level in ages.

I have the CE paid off, hopefully this game doesn't dissapoint, but so far its just terrible news.

EagleEyes

Dogenzaka said:
Thank you! The German version was taking forever to buffer.

Such good soundtrack. It's incredible.
Soundtrack makes a game sometimes.

Oh gosh...the plot. I'm gonna have to control myself.....I hate games with extremely supernatural horror plots.

Well it doesn't matter...I'm in it for the thrills...and I hope it delivers.

Die...die...die...die...:lol :lol so fucking corny

EDIT: OMG the atmosphere of this game is ridonkulously frightening
like in the house

EDIT2: Writing is still wildly corny....
only the light can remove the darkness do I sound kingdom heartsy yet

So far, mixed feelings about the game. Yet I still highly anticipate it because I'm totally into games like this and Heavy Rain and stuff.

Some stuff is laughably corny but otherwise it's pretty tense and moody.
Well if the corny dialogue and stiff acting in Heavy Rain didn't bother you then it definitely won't in Alan Wake.

derFeef

godhandiscen said:
That was absolute shit. WTF? Remedy said the tearing was gone, and what's up with that gameplay? It must be the silliest intro level in ages.

I have the CE paid off, hopefully this game doesn't dissapoint, but so far its just terrible news.
Tearing can happen on capturing yo. Gameplay looks fine, its
a tutorial

Top Bottom