• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TALES FROM MY ASS IV: A wild German appears! +50 DMG to thread privileges

Junior post hammered. Told myself i wouldn't post because of said Liquor....B/S of course the 4 will be there that's just silly.....now where's my Megaman....

Its been confirmed the PS4 will be playable at the Eurogamer Expo on September 26. So why would Sony not show it at a much bigger European event the month before.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
I don't think you need to be an insider to be certain that the PS4 will be playable at GamesCom.

It was playable at E3 to the press. More than 2 months later others will also be able to.

So apparently (two sources so far, one from an employee of Germany's largest electronics retailer) Sony has informed retailers that PS4 won't be playable at GC, it won't even be shown outside the business center. X1 on the other hand is fully playable with 100 demostations. What does this mean? PS4 delay incoming?

http://www.maniac-forum.de/forum/pxmboard.php?mode=message&brdid=1&msgid=3300745

Says: "Seems about right, no PS4 at GC, internal source" and he later clarifies that they were informed via telephone conference about the situation.

Author's profile says that he owns these systems:

PC / Master System 2 (PAL) / 2 x Dreamcast (PAL + NTSC) / XBOX360 Gears Of War 3 LTD. (PAL) / Shitstation 3 (PAL) / Panasonic TX-P50V10E Full-HD Plasma / Canton/Yamaha 7:1 Digital Surround-System / Panasonic DB60 Blu-ray-Player

The fuck?

Hoo-doo

Banned
Also, "employee of Germany's largest electronics retailer" ?

Well fuck, I was employee of Europe's biggest electronics retailer for years. I don't know shit.
Do we even know his position?

Nikodemos

Guy's probably angry his phat went boom while trying to play TLoU. And he's too cheapskate to buy a SuperSlim. Therefore, he's taking it out on Sony.

Corto

Glad Famousmortimer already debunked this before it snowballed, but even if he didn't this was absolutely absurd to begin with.

Bonk

That post is written by a guy that identifies himself as "generyx (spam@fuckyou.de)" and wonders why he can't find further information about his rumor on the internet. That must be some reliable first-class source he has.

Generyx owns a Video Games Store in Germany and is a member of a forum I'm in.

He is also a rabid XBox fanboy so he might be trolling.

The email address just means he does not want spam. Does not mean a thing.

On my phone so can't check if somebody already explained that.

Busty

Banned
*sigh*

Remember back in the day when rabid fanboy rumours were no less ludicrous but were at least partially believable on some level?

Now? I don't know man. I don't know.

Das GamenCuben Shack in the mothefucking house y'all.

Krilekk

Banned
I don't think you need to be an insider to be certain that the PS4 will be playable at GamesCom.

It was playable at E3 to the press. More than 2 months later others will also be able to.

Press != general public. You can have the press play unfinished versions because they know stuff breaks and freezes. Totally different story for your potential customers, they just see it doesn't work as expected and won't buy. PS3 wasn't shown at GC either, they just had a glass display with the console in it and some trailers.

KiRiON

Neo Member
66j.gif

pffff

JABEE

Press != general public. You can have the press play unfinished versions because they know stuff breaks and freezes. Totally different story for your potential customers, they just see it doesn't work as expected and won't buy. PS3 wasn't shown at GC either, they just had a glass display with the console in it and some trailers.
It has already been demoed to the public at ComicCon.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Not enough confirmations I say. Let's get Rushy, GopherD and the rest of the crew in here as well.

RulkezX

Seems legit , cancelling my PS4 pre order now.

I hope these rumours continue to climb the ridiculousness scale as we get closer to November :)

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.

And he got a press release where Sony literally says "We won't be at Gamescom because we screwed up logistics." which is, according to that post, more or less the translation of what he claims to have heard from his boss?

Right, because that's how press releases are usually formulated.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
Remember Wii U?
No. Does anyone?

Fair enough.

glaurung

Do we still have no idea whatsoever on the PS4's launch window?

Xbox One's beginning of November seems all but confirmed by now...

Busty

Banned
He is 100 % legit. He might be kidding though but his second statement doesn't leave much room for that. I can see one problem Sony might have to deal with that would keep them away from the showfloor. If they haven't passed all the required certifications for the European Union their PS4s might be stuck at customs. And due to the holiday season they might have no chance to get the paperwork in and through in time.

Keep it up son. You're doing a bang up job.

Top Bottom