• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2017 |OT| We’ve Been Here Since October

ColdPizza

Banned
He has plenty of leverage, not immediate leverage but still the last thing the team wants to do is make him unhappy enough that he won't sign a max length contract extension. Giving him a bridge (unlikely) just means his next negotiation is even harder as that one will lead to his UFA years, and they won't want that.

If Eichel doesn't like Bylsma enough that he wants him gone then the Sabres will probably make that happen... not immediately but half way through the season maybe. It won't be tough to do if the team struggles again and that way everyone can say it had nothing to do with Eichel.

Thought this was a good take on his contract situation. Whatever the Sabres do, they want to avoid a 4 year deal.

http://www.wgr550.com/articles/opinion/big-call

RC

Banned
The great thing about Shaw cable. Is that cowtown-GAF can PVR this sweep and relive it throughout the summer.

calder

I know how it feels, Flames fans.

Medicare goalie has half of a decent season, team squeaks into playoffs and then gets swept by the Ducks in large part because the goalie turns to shit losing a couple of games he should have won? Yes it does feel slightly familiar. 🤔

calder

Holy shit!

Buffalo Sabres @BuffaloSabres
1m
General Manager Tim Murray and Head Coach Dan Bylsma have been relieved of their duties.

Eichel7.jpg

Quick

Banned
I remember Tim Murray being kind of a dick about getting 2nd overall and drafting Eichel. Dude probably Telltaled that shit.

Yawnier

Banned
Tim Murray is one of the more interesting guys to hear talk during pressers and interviews cause he is a straight shooter (ex. admitting straight up that the Kulikov trade was bad) but I wasn't overly impressed with some of moves he made over the last year or two

Cake Boss

Banned
Tim Murray is more of a scout than a GM, wouldn't mind if he came back as an Assistant or an amateur scout. Doubt it though.

Please hire Pierre Mcguire Buffalo.

Cake Boss

Banned
You must have missed his dominating run in the 2017 Stanley Cup Playoffs, where he was able to deke the press box for game 4 and skate to a 0-0-0 boxcar.

There was a great highlight of him yesterday completely missing an easy puck and an easy goal as he wiffs on it. I looked at my blind sick dog and said "yep, that's Lazar alright"

Surprised about Murray, but he probably got fired for hiring Bylsma. I wouldn't mind bringing him back to Ottawa in a scouting role

Doesn't sound it will happen. Seems like Tim burned bridges.

https://twitter.com/mbrassard/status/855066751356338176

Tim Murray congédié à Buffalo. Gros doute que le neveu de Bryan revienne dans le giron à Ottawa. A brûlé les ponts avec Dorion. #ledroit

Fait des commentaires assez désobligeants en privé. À ne plus inviter au même party.

Top Bottom