• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront 2 Single Player Trailer

I'm surprised it wasn't cancelled.

Dont worry, 2 exclusive maps, an hour of cinematics and a couple of objective base gameplay in recycled MP maps isn't the most expensive to do but it will make people buy this game for SP.

Just like BF1.

Stop buying DICE game for SP.

Xyber

Dont worry, 2 exclusive maps, an hour of cinematics and a couple of objective base gameplay in recycled MP maps isn't the most expensive to do but it will make people buy this game for SP.

Just like BF1.

Except that Dice isn't making the SP..

Certinty

Still barely any gameplay shown. Have a feeling this might be as lifeless and meh as BF1's campaign on MP like maps with objectives.

sjay1994

Surprised in game footage (actual gameplay) was shown

Although I do like the tagline of "Ignite the inferno" for the empire since all the rebellion stuff is them as "sparks of hope".

Just like BF1.

Its not made by DICE.
Motive. New studio helmed by Jade Raymond. Story written by Walt Williams (Spec Ops The Line) and Mitch Dyer.

I swear people know this by now but still spout this shit on purpose.

Damn, AT-ATs getting airlifted onto Naboo. And was that Leia on the hologram? Looks sick.

Oh look, trolls are still shitposting like they don't know the campaign isn't made by DICE, what a surprise lmao

Looks awesome, but it's mainly ingame-cutscenes and no gameplay. Let's hope for the best but in the end it's only a nice bonus to the multiplayer mode for me.

spectator

I love that we're a couple weeks from release and still getting crap with "game engine footage" at the bottom. How 'bout some actual game footage?

The fact that release is right around the corner and we still haven't seen single-player gameplay does not inspire confidence.

//DEVIL//

man Graphics wise, this almost looks like a CG, these guys are Gods when it comes to graphics. really impressive.

Awesome trailer and I am not a fan of Star wars even

Zomba13

Looks hype.

I don't get people shitting on the campaign length or it being bot matches or something. They do know that BF3 and 4 and Hardline all had "proper" campaigns right? The only one I don't know anything about is BF1 because I didn't play it but that seemed more a collection of vignettes than a full campaign but even then, it went with their plan of showing the war from a variety of perspectives.

Except that Dice isn't making the SP..

Its not made by DICE.
Motive. New studio helmed by Jade Raymond. Story written by Walt Williams (Spec Ops The Line) and Mitch Dyer.

I swear people know this by now but still spout this shit on purpose.

okay, but still, a month away from release and we barely have any info. It wont (it can't) be a huge sp. Dont put your expectations up.

And if I'm wrong : everybody wins.

Always be cautious.

Yet another single player trailer for BF2 with barely any gameplay. Judging by the locations shown on the trailer, they are just recycling MP maps. It's gonna be Battlefield 1 all over again, ain't it?

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
I think it looks good. I'm pretty excited for the only single player Star Wars campaign that we're going to see for a long time.

Just like BF1.

I don't think that luck has anything to do with it, Kate.

watership

If the single player is just using multiplayer maps and linking them with cut scenes, I'm going to be pretty disappointed.

Staf

I'm probably getting this game. Only interested in the SP, hope it's as good as this trailer make it to be!

Javier23

Banned
You know what's funny? The original games that people love to jerk over only had bots on multiplayer maps as their campaigns.
Because people totally jerked over the original Battlefront games because of their singleplayer story modes, right.

After BF1, it is a legitimate fear that the campaign of this game will be set on the MP maps and not be as substantial as people would like it to be. I dunno why the need to be all salty about it. Be as enthused about the game as you may wanna be yourself.
Gotta get that first post in i guess.
?

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
That Maz appearance.

This makes Takodana one example where it's clearly not just purely re-using a MP map, as there has to be a different set-up from the MP map battle.

Sou Da

Because people totally jerked over the original Battlefront games because of their singleplayer story modes, right.

After BF1, it is a legitimate fear that the campaign of this game will be set on the MP maps and not be as substantial as people would like it to be. I dunno why the need to be all salty about it. Be as enthused about the game as you may wanna be yourself.
They did. People still think Galatic Conquest is something it isn't.

?
Battlefield 1 has zero bearing on the campaign of SWBF2 because, yet again, the campaign isn't being developed by DICE.

Kill3r7

Just like BF1.

BF1 is arguably the third best SP campaign from DICE, behind the Bad Company games. I am not a fan of ME.

Shari

To people that says this is not by DICE and that there are good writers behind this.. Are you seriously not wary of the game reusing the maps from the multiplayer?

No one can make many assumptions from the trailer but I'm assuming this will be on par of previous SP campaigns for this kind of game.

Does anybody seriously expect a fully-featured single player campaign with long levels, progression and polish of any other single player 3rd person action game?

Battlefield 1 has zero bearing on the campaign of SWBF2 because, yet again, the campaign isn't being developed by DICE.

And so what? Studio being different doesn't make assets, engine and resources to make said campaign different. You talking like a different studio from the same company would do a totally different game.

Was excited for this at one point but I'll be waiting for reviews, and since they probably wont be out in a timely manner that probably means I'll be waiting for a price drop. Hope it's actually good though, I had some fun with the first one.

Javier23

Banned
They did. People still think Galatic Conquest is something it isn't.
Notice I said story modes. I had fun with the original Battlefronts and their singleplayer as a kid (which was nothing but the MP mode with bots), but nobody will tell you they had epic storylines and a dedicated singleplayer mode rivaling those of the Jedi Knight series. They were fun for what they were.

People are starved for a decent SW singleplayer experience. Like I said, the fear that this may be BF1 all over again does exist as much as for some reason it may annoy some people.
Which has been constantly said but is not enough to convince me or others that the SP of this game won't be what we fear it may be. It's really simple, regardless of who is behind it, we need to know a bit more than we do to make up our minds about whether we wanna play the game or not.

If you want to and if it makes our doubts a bit more legitimate I can find and recite the entire roster of developers behind the singleplayer mode. IT'S NOT DICE. We get it. Doesn't really say anything to us.

Glass Rebel

After the lootbox stuff in MP, this is honestly the only thing that has me somewhat excited for the game but they're still refusing to show more of the gameplay.

Top Bottom