• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF FEBRUARY 2012 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods (Real pics or BAN!)!

Ji66a-Man

This week's pickups: Hey! Listen! T from shirt.woot, Rhythm Heaven Fever, and the Air Jordan IV Retro.

Amd9gSECEAAnTTW.jpg

.hacked

They didn't have it in stock when he went to buy the other games. Amazoned it ;)

They didn't have it in stock when he went to buy the other games. Amazoned it ;)

Yeah thanks =)

I wanted to grab t but everyone around here is sold out. Grab the last Virtua Tennis in 25 miles I bet. I hope the games sell, the Vita is by far my fav handheld ever, and it is a very solid line up of games. With so many buy 2 get one free sales it is the best system launch ever.

Big-ass Ramp

hella bullets that's true
Nice - wondering about getting a USB DAC for my Sennheiser's (595 and 565's). Making do with the onboard sound card in my laptop for now. Wonder how much of a step up it really is. I get plenty of volume out of my onboard, so don't need any more gain. A line-out jack for my iPhone would be awesome. What's the Fiio model number of the jack?.

just thought I'd chime in, being a Fiio owner myself. coming from a creative soundcard on my PC, I don't notice a whole lot of difference. There is definitely a clarity boost but it's not dramatic. using the lineout on the iphone, however, makes a huge difference. it is NOTICEABLY crisper, especially when powering my audio technica cans.

one benefit I wasn't expecting is better FPS in PC games, mainly because Creative's drivers are shit.

IrishNinja

my hoping-to-be-approved buddy Newtype79 wanted me to post his recent acquisitions as well, so here goes!

PICT1040.jpg

PICT1053.jpg

guy's overall collection is amazing, rivals some of the best ive seen here. hopefully he joins us soon.

jRPG

pickup66.jpg

Pretty busy month for me. Still haven't even gotten around to Final Fantasy XIII-2, despite it coming out at the start of the month. Picked up a Vita, memory card (I haven't been conned, it's in the Vita) and case. Picked up some stuff for my Oscar party, a nominated film (Tree of Life), a film that should have been nominated (We Need to Talk About Kevin) and a previous winner (Midnight Cowboy). Some Masters of Cinema goodness, I'm on an Imamura binge at the moment after seeing The Ballad of Narayama. The Repo Man steelbook looks much nicer in the flesh.

Finally, my copy of The Last Story limited edition arrived, which is divine. There was a time I genuinely didn't think it would come here, let alone be released in such a gorgeous package.

Kyon

Banned
my hoping-to-be-approved buddy Newtype79 wanted me to post his recent acquisitions as well, so here goes!

PICT1040.jpg

PICT1053.jpg

guy's overall collection is amazing, rivals some of the best ive seen here. hopefully he joins us soon.
Junes thing. What and Where Plz! P4<3

Yes Boss!

Finally got an upscaler for my Saturn games. Cannot wait till I get back to my system!

P1000131.jpg

Got my fourth, and likely final, Wii. Wanted to get the red one for my collection before it disappeared:

P1000135.jpg

Lots of Wii games to keep me occupied for a few months. Been playing PS3 for the last year so I'm super happy to return to my Nintendo:

P1000132.jpg

New Resident Evil!

P1000134.jpg

EjzLo.jpg

Mario Galaxy 2, Last Story LE, Zelda: Hyrule Historia book, FFXIII-2 CE, RE4 Wii Edition, FFVIII OST, Soul Calibur V, Castlevania DoS, Zelda OOT 3D, Tales of the Abyss, Mario Kart 7, Street Fighter 4, Sin & Punishment 2.

I don't even know why I bought all this, I have no time to play it. :/

Tomodachi

Mario Galaxy 2, Last Story LE, Zelda: Hyrule Historia book, FFXIII-2 CE, RE4 Wii Edition, FFVIII OST, Soul Calibur V, Castlevania DoS, Zelda OOT 3D, Tales of the Abyss, Mario Kart 7, Street Fighter 4, Sin & Punishment 2.

I don't even know why I bought all this, I have no time to play it. :/
Where did you get Hyrule Historia? I can't seem to find a store with stock left. I know, very late to the party :(

My biggest purchase this month was a book shelf

ArcSoft_Image1.jpg

I got this at Ikea to hold my game collection and to keep it a lot neater then just in a bunch of random boxes in my closet. Every game if alphabetized and organized by console

The actual games I purchased this month (sorry for crappy webcam quality)

ArcSoft_Image4.jpg

Photo is kinda blurry, but it's FFXIII-2 Collectors Edition 360, Tales of the Abyss Anime 1-4, Tales of the Abyss 3D, Resident Evil Revelaiton, CPP, and Rhythm Heaven Fever.

Yes Boss!

Amazing. I'd love to hear impressions when you get the chance.

Definitely bought it mostly for my Saturn (Garegga, more specifically) so it will be a few months before I put it through its paces. But initial impressions of just playing a few hours of Wii via D-Terminal/Component on my Evo 1080p at random settings and I'm in heaven. Menus are still in japanese so I've not done much with it. Pricey, but it seems like it will be worth it...really hoping it kick starts my Saturn collecting beyond just shooters.

Really wanna run some PCBs through it as well!

Bii

what camera do you use to take these photos? they're super crisp and colors are amazing!

Canon 60D + Canon 24-70mm L lens.

GO BULLS!!! Been a Bulls fan myself since I was 4 years old. D Rose is a monster. Playoffs are gonna be a hell of a lot of fun to watch.

Also jealous of everyone's Vita pickups.

I have a feeling that the Playoffs this year will see many upsets. Bulls upsetting Heat? I'll take it. :D

Palom

ib18QpOJ9jtuse.jpg

Sonic Generations and Assassin's Creed both fell to $30, so I finally picked them up. I honestly haven't played a Sonic game since Sonic & Knuckles.

PICT1040.jpg

PICT1053.jpg

Any chance he's opened the Mother 3 fan guide? Can't decide if I should pick it up yet or not. There hasn't been many pictures of the thing on the Internet that I can find. Especially of the hard back.

Picked up my 4th machine this month...

Street Fighter II Hyper Fighting (turbo) in a "Big Blue" Capcom cab.

Brand new control panel overlay, sticks and buttons. Also a custom made marquee as the HF upgrade kits never had marquess for the big blues.

Edit: And the current line up: Mario Brothers (with 60-in-1), NBA Jam TE, Donkey Kong Cocktail, and Street Fighter II Hyper Fighting.

justinschwimmer

Neo Member
snF34.jpg

Being able to play MLB The Show 12 and FIFA 12 at console quality and having FF Tactics and Lunar with me at all times along with the screen was enough to make me pull the plunge. It's damn nice.

mhayze

New headphones // Beyerdynamic DT-880 Premium (600 ohms)

beyer880.jpg

Congratulations, I've had my DT880's for almost 7 years now, and I still listed to them regularly, even after buying many other 'phones. Just changed out the earpads - these things are built to last (or at least were when I bought mine, sure that's still the case). Enjoy.

snF34.jpg

Being able to play MLB The Show 12 and FIFA 12 at console quality and having FF Tactics and Lunar with me at all times along with the screen was enough to make me pull the plunge. It's damn nice.

GirhL.jpg

This looks awesome!
Is there some anti glare-filter on the system?

I've checked out a Vita yesterday, and I was quite shocked how glossy it was. Really distracting in daylight.

It's pretty shiny in direct light but even then it's not that bad. Haven't played it in direct sunlight but it probably wouldn't do well in it. In regular room lighting though it looks great (and looks fuck amazing in the dark. OLED is where it's at, apparently)

Danielsan

This thread is making it awfully hard not to want to go out and get a Vita. I have to stay strong though. I just can't justify purchasing a Vita at the moment. I have a huge backlog of games, I barely played my Nintendo DS and PSP these last couple of years and money is tight.

I really want to play the new Lumines though. :(

robot

Edit: And the current line up: Mario Brothers (with 60-in-1), NBA Jam TE, Donkey Kong Cocktail, and Street Fighter II Hyper Fighting.

Solid lineup. Had some friends over last night, and played a ton of the new NBA Jam. Such a great series.

Any plans for new games? Have you considered buy PCBs instead of more cabs? CPS2 games would go great in that SF2 machine.

Zia

Purchased my favorite film, La jetée, and Godzilla on Blu-ray during the Criterion Valentine's Day sale. Note the distinctly non-vegetarian Movie Night snack to the side which this vegetarian has absolutely no regrets about. Also picked up Burial's Kindred and Beat Sneak Bandit for my iPhone, as well as the Mojam Humble Bundle. All in all a very good, yet inexpensive, month.

gXouC.jpg

ujIEC.png
ZmyrF.png

0k9ao.png

Jomjom

Banned
Damn so many Vitas in the thread. But it's the Hyrule Historias and Last Story CEs that are catching my eye. Just ordered my Last Story CE from thehut as a matter of fact! Thanks for the pictures!

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Definitely bought it mostly for my Saturn (Garegga, more specifically) so it will be a few months before I put it through its paces. But initial impressions of just playing a few hours of Wii via D-Terminal/Component on my Evo 1080p at random settings and I'm in heaven. Menus are still in japanese so I've not done much with it. Pricey, but it seems like it will be worth it...really hoping it kick starts my Saturn collecting beyond just shooters.

Really wanna run some PCBs through it as well!

Thumbs up on that purchase.

Top Bottom