• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What "hardcore" like titles are lacking on the Nintendo Switch thus far for you?

brian577

Banned
It's not lacking hardcore games because it will never get them. If you want that kind of experience, you won't find it on the Switch.

I'm just waiting for a return of all those great Gameboy/DS/3DS RPGs. Golden Sun, Devil Survivor, etc. Seems like Nintendo is dead set on bringing that stuff to the 3ds instead though.

Also I'm waiting on the next Phoenix Wright etc (those are hardcore right?).

Thankfully the hardest of hardcore games - Pokemon - has already been announced.

Raitaro

Even with its recent success in capturing the hearts and minds of people everywhere, I still can't shake the fear that the Switch will end up being another Wii U specifically with regards to it never getting enough (Japanese) games for me that really allow me to sink my teeth into them and have long, slower-paced, single player adventures.

Apart from the (to me) disappointing Skyward Sword, the 2 Zelda remasters that I had no interest in playing yet, Xenoblade Chronicles X and Shin Megami x FE that unfortunately did not appeal to me, and Monster Hunter Tri I can't remember many titles that scratched that itch on Wii U for me (apart perhaps from Platinum's games but those are really action heavy and level-based as well). For every one of those, it had double or more arcade-like, round-based, often multiplayer focused games (like Splatoon, MK8, Mario Maker, SM3W, etc.), which is fine for many but for me only when I also have single player stuff to change it up with.

BOTW was an incredible start on Switch, sure, but I need more games like Dark Souls, Monster Hunter, Final Fantasy, Nier: Automata, The Witcher, Persona etc. for me to start using it as my primary gaming platform over the PS4. Capcom's lack of commitment to the platform (again) with MHXX possibly skipping Switch (and 4 never coming to Wii U either), and FROM (or pretty much every other third party Japanese publisher) not announcing anything at E3 are already kind of a bad signs for someone like me hoping for more Japanese single player Switch games in general.

If it wasn't for the fact I just caved to the Steam sales and snapped up DSIII, the Souls trilogy would be a great addition to the system as per rumours before the console Direct earlier this year.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Everything?
I mean Switch is still in the launch period so obviously the lineup is still lacking, but if you want "hardcore"(AAA?) games big consoles or pc are the only right choices.

Condom

I'm excited about the prospect of FFXIV coming to Switch, that would be a system seller to me. Tekken would also be nice.

sublimit

Banned
A Dark Souls trilogy and a Souls-like new IP from FromSoftware (don't care if it'll be exclusive or not)

A Final Fantasy game would be nice too.Maybe a new Crystal Chronicles title.

I would say the following are needed:

- Fallout
- a adventure/action game like splinter cell, metal gear, Mordor, tomb raider, or assassins creed. I think Mordor 1, tomb raider, mgs would all do well on Switch.

- FPS Overwatch, or cod is desperately needed. Borderlands handsome Jack would sell as well.

- JRPGs like Trials of Cold Steel, or similar.
- monster hunter
- Destiny 1
- FFVIX or another mmo.
-zombie something

- Madden, NHL, and WWE.

Overwatch/COD>>> Destiny>>>>>>Madden/NHL>> Monster Hunter>>Zombies>>Fallout>>>>JRPG, Mordor, MGS.

PMurphy1978

Neo Member
Easily shooters, especially FPS.

What I wouldn't give to see Modern Warfare Remastered on the Switch. Seems such a no-brainer, seeing as it's actually a thing.

EVH

There should be more FPS to reach the western audience and then western devs. Titanfall2 and Doom and the CoD:MW remake would be a good start.

I've been craving a good WRPG but also wanting to get into the Dark Souls 3 DLC. JRPG would be nice too, and I've heard Setsuna isn't that great.

Baleoce

An MMO like ffxiv, and a decent FPS. I think titanfall 2 on that source engine would probably scale very well on the Switch.

I agree with "bring back golden sun" too. God I miss that game.

Wasn't From Software listed as committed to Switch? Even a straight up port of Dark Souls 1 would sate me... But we are gonna get some amazing ass Nintendo games on this thing. Be very excited.

Xiao Hu

Diablo or Borderlands or any other game with local multiplayer. ME-Trilogy with all the DLCs would be dope too, a proper FPS is also missing.

Edit: Dark Souls for sure too

I have a hard time seeing a ton of hardcore non nintendo party games being released on this system, at least ones that I would like to see on the system. I play FPS online shooters (no way thats happening), and soulsborne like games (doubt they comes over). Luckily it looks like nintendo is going to deliver with all of their major first party games in the first two years of the system to justify a purchase anyway.

Not happening and if it did online would be unplayable.

Why do you say that? You do know the Switch is getting an MMO, right? Why shouldn't it be able to play anything online?

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
It's not lacking hardcore games because it will never get them. If you want that kind of experience, you won't find it on the Switch.
Dunno I consider splatoon and arms as hardcore games. Especially if you try to be competitive.

To answer the question: a nice fps, like doom would be great. And diablo or a diablo clone.

Brickhunt

I'm a sucker for FPSs. I bought almost all that came on the Wii in the hopes of a fix and skipped the Wii U when I knew the console wound't get FPSs (with IR aiming).

Oh God, I miss IR aiming so much and I absolutely hate that Nintnedo dropped it with the Wii U and Switch. I really hope that when I get the Switch for MP4, Gyro Controllers are indeed a everything people are saying.

All this FPS talk is making me realise I'd really like Titanfall 2 on my Switch just so I could just casually jump in and play a few matches on my bed.

Man can dream...

Experien

I'd like some FPS and third person action games. Already got 2 good racers, got puzzle games, got quite a few side-scrollers, got a bunch of fighters.

Still waiting on Overcooked though.

Tregard

Soothsayer
I'm considering getting Skyrim for Switch mainly to give Bethesda more reason to put their titles on Switch. Stuff like Fallout on the go would be brilliant, giving me throwback to this pic:

Game-Boy-1up-Fallout-4.jpg

I have a feeling that Switch will get Borderlands 3 if its ever announced.

Hey, if Vita can get Borderlands 2!

cHaOs667

Hey, if Vita can get Borderlands 2!
I assume you never played Borderlands on the Vita? It's so bad - technically - that I've never ever played again after my first two hours with it.

@Topic: I would love to have a proper infrastructure. The switch do not need all the games the X1 or the PS4 get but I want the same possibilities around the games and not mobile apps where I have to connect the mic with my smartphone.

Tregard

Soothsayer
I assume you never played Borderlands on the Vita? It's so bad - technically - that I've never ever played again after my first two hours with it.

Oh I played it and it was awful, but I'm saying if they're willing to port it to hardware which was that much weaker than the original platforms, the Switch shouldn't be an issue.

steveo0209

Neo Member
I would love to see a first person shooter on the console. I would love to see Fallout 4 on the Switch, similar to the release of Skyrim.

Apart from that, I would like to see games like Superhot on the system and also hardcore games with a lower graphical intensity such as Borderlands or XIII.

R00bot

I honestly think Nintendo should make a realistic racer and a FPS, or maybe moneyhat a developer to do it.

I don't know if Nintendo will be able to get many of those kind of games without taking action.

Truthfully it needs the following to have a will rounded catalog. I'm not port begging. These type of games would make it go from a possible second system to peoples primary system.

- Overwatch (most important)
- COD
- Destiny

- Madden
- NHL

- Star Wars something!

- FFVII:Remake
- REmake 2

- older ports like Mordor 1, Tomb Raider, Fallout NV or 4, MGS TS, Borderlands

- Dirt racing

ESPORT TYPE GAMES: Hearthstone, Player Unknown Battlegrounds,

Blue Ocean games: Texas Holdem poker, 1 vs 100 trivia style game, Wii sports style game with online leagues

Retro games brought back from the dead like Bomberman.

HD remakes: paper Mario TTYD.

Bert

Games that aren't extremely Japanese in style.

I want some bald space marines and fast cars and all the other Mountain Dew stuff.

And some strategy games please, both RTS and TBS.

Oh, and some point and click/adventure games.

Top Bottom