• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jason Schreier: Yes, the Destiny 2 poster is real. Should be announced soon

Status
Not open for further replies.

tci

Great news that it comes on PC. My biggest gripe with playing on console was the feeling of limitations withing the design of it. Hope this will be better in terms of scale and scope.

What I want is:

- Larger strike teams, scale them on the player number. Not only just health, mechanics as well.
- Transmog for gear
- Have gear with stats that actually matters. Let us have light use of "builds".
- Remove the legendary limit. Rather build that into gear sets .
. Let us fly our ships or at least go inside of them and use that as inventory during strike missions/raids.
- And customizations for most stuff.

today!???

giphy.gif

this iis so damn good

Toni

Poster is a tad more Activision than Bungie i.e. Human characters with relatable dude bro-ness. Also weapon design is more conventional. Perhaps humans make in this fight?

What I'm seeing is that this is bound to be a more Earth-centric setting than Destiny 1. I'm not seeing that heavily rumored Saturn/ Jupiter setting from the looks of that pic, that was making waves a while back.

And honestly, I'm just down for a more traditional / conventional look, not just on weapon design but on everything. I felt like the armor and weapon designs got too out of place in Destiny 1.

Know a few friends who will be happy to hear this. They rarely game and spent months playing original destiny. Wasn't for me but glad it might rejuvenate their gaming side again.

The power gap on PC is quite large? When you're releasing on PC and intend to have a large community, you can't just target nVidia Titan owners.

The Switch is not at all close to any desktop GPU released in the last four or so years, and at best that will be the bare minimum you'll need.

The Titan example is just silly.

FyreWulff

The target will be like an i5 and a gtx 970 or so. So roughly 10x the power of a Switch docked.

This has to run on the Xbox One, don't get ahead of yourself.

Activision has the highest selling MMO. It runs on toasters, but also has nice effects for high end PCs. This is a solved problem for years on that platform. It's not even a controversial thought.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
It would be 3 years almost to the date from the first game to this one if the leaked date is correct.
Decent dev cycle to build upon but they also worked on a ton of DLCs as well within that time. How big is Bungie currently, staff wise?
Also, going with a new IP instead of sticking with Halo was the best decision they made.

NastyBook

There goes 15 minutes of Sony E3 conference.
lmfao that's what you think. Sony gonna continue to establish Alpha Dominance by shoving any media displayed before E3 down our throats at the conference, with the PS exclusive stuff tailored to the end of it.

Putting that aside, LET'S FUCKING GO!!!

Decent dev cycle to build upon but they also worked on a ton of DLCs as well within that time. How big is Bungie currently, staff wise?
Also, going with a new IP instead of sticking with Halo was the best decision they made.
IIRC 1000+ people are working on Destiny. There are people from High Moon and Raven helping out with Destiny too.

Ibuki

Banned

Activision has the highest selling MMO. It runs on toasters, but also has nice effects for high end PCs. This is a solved problem for years on that platform. It's not even a controversial thought.

The person port begging for a Switch version is in here telling people not to get ahead of themselves... wow.

I really didn't like Destiny 1 at all, but I'm eagerly anticipating the sequel. I loved the actual fights in the game, so if they can manage something resembling a story I'm going to have a grand time.

You mean like Ghost Recon Wildlands?

http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/articles/ghost-recon-wildlands-system-requirements

Even the 720p low option there is vastly more powerful than Switch. You are setting yourself up for disappointment if you're actually expecting a Switch port of D2.

You're talking about WoW a game from 2004. You expect D2 to run on that kind of engine?

Jaraghan

In for this. Destiny remains as one of my favorite gaming experiences I have ever had. Burnt out now, but I am down for more.

FinKL

They're gonna announce it with their Bungie Weekly Update today aren't they...
Which is like 3pm or 4pm PST?

Kaako

Felium Defensor

There can't have been many people working on DLC. A lot of it was was being worked on prior to launch and was supposed to ship with the base game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom