• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jason Schreier: Yes, the Destiny 2 poster is real. Should be announced soon

Status
Not open for further replies.

hemo memo

Gold Member
I played Destiny 1 when it first released and sold my copy about a couple of weeks later. Did it get any better?

It got way way better but (I) also think (I'm not gonna speak for everyone) paid way too much for DLC for it to reach that before release promised level.

GlamFM

Banned
hY4FDqP.png

Rizific

Pc? I'm in for sure. Couldn't stand playing that shit on ps4. Now I wonder if they'll take the proper steps to make sure it's a good pc game. Also, please no win store :/

Bsigg12

Not really surprising.

Anyone who was hoping that the Sony exclusivity would end was just asking for disappointment.

Wasn't there a rumor the time frame for exclusive content got moved to a month or 3 months rather than a year?

The beta hitting PS first was fully expected.

This has to run on the Xbox One, don't get ahead of yourself.

Activision has the highest selling MMO. It runs on toasters, but also has nice effects for high end PCs. This is a solved problem for years on that platform. It's not even a controversial thought.

The Xbox One is more powerful than the Switch.

tci

My only next big concern will be how they will handle the DLC: I stopped playing right after the first DLC as I saw this was just money grabbing for no content at all. Hoping for improvements for D2!

FyreWulff

The person port begging for a Switch version is in here telling people not to get ahead of themselves... wow.

I.. what. I'm not port begging. I'm pointing out that on PC, they'll have to choose a lowest common denominator. This is what any studio already releasing PC games is doing.

I'm currently planning on sticking to Playstation with this one.

You're talking about WoW a game from 2004. You expect D2 to run on that kind of engine?

WoW doesn't run on 2004 hardware anymore. They've upgraded the game's assets, client code, and engine since release.

A good example is Overwatch, you can run that on a toaster, and that's brand new.

Spoo

My only next big concern will be how they will handle the DLC: I stopped playing right after the first DLC as I saw this was just money grabbing for no content at all. Hoping for improvements for D2!

Praying for a really aggressive DLC schedule -- every 3 months a raid or something. Strikes / story missions being added regularly.

If this comes with an actual story/campaign unlike the garbage that was launch Destiny 1 and fully realizes the full MMO aspect (Give me a full City to explore) the potential for this game could be incredible.

Also, PC launch confirmed? I'm on the hype train.

Kyoufu

But the DLC expansions in Destiny were what improved the game at a content level.

iFirez

Are we sure it's Destiny 2 though, the gigantic, blatant 2 in the logo could mean anything

Destiny 2 Kool 4 Skool, the brand new sci-fi shooter from BungleTaVision. Take back your school from evil aliens as you join forces with the traveller to find out why they targeted your education establishment.

Mupod

Looking forward to this for sure, even though I never played Rise of Iron and I plan to jump ship to PC. On the one hand I guess I'd be leaving behind PS4 DestinyGAF which is a great community. But I love the idea of tackling Destiny raids with my experienced MMO raider friends on PC and showing them the ropes. And of course 120fps/mouse controls/decent FOV, although Destiny is by far the most playable console FPS for me it'd still be a massive improvement.

My fantasy D2 trailer would be.

- We a vast desert landscape, destruction everywhere.
- We see something coming towards us really fast in the distance.
- BAM, it's a Titan skating and punching the screen with the D2 release date.

Looking forward to this for sure, even though I never played Rise of Iron and I plan to jump ship to PC. On the one hand I guess I'd be leaving behind PS4 DestinyGAF which is a great community. But I love the idea of tackling Destiny raids with my experienced MMO raider friends on PC and showing them the ropes. And of course 120fps/mouse controls/decent FOV, although Destiny is by far the most playable console FPS for me it'd still be a massive improvement.

Mouse and 60 fps will be absolute game changers for Destiny, there is no way I would pick any platform other than PC despite playing D1 on PS4.

FyreWulff

That will be interesting to see play out. Since everyone is starting over again it's really easy to platform hop now. And since their player bonuses have been platform agnostic to this point you'd keep any bonuses you'd gain on the consoles.

I know nothing will carry over but I really hope a lot of the exotic weapons and armor will be remade/ported into the sequel. I need my Red Death and Zhalo Supercell

jg4xchamp

Will humor getting on PC if it's good this time. Hated the original, friend got me to play Taken King with him (was mildly amused at the improvements), and got me to go into Rise of Iron with him, and was amazed at how it was basically shitty again.

The shooting engine is good, music is dope, but make the mission designs fun pls. The busy work aspect of the game would almost be tolerable if the missions were more fun to do.

iFirez

We start on black. Fire burning begins to fade in as cracking embers and shifting rubble is heard. The camera pans up to see the tower and the entire city in ruins, the giant orb that once hang over the city, The Traveller, now gone as the camera glitches and we get flashes of the same area from Destiny 1 to remind us of the tranquil beauty we once regularly visited.

Toni

I would love Open World Destiny 2. (Destiny 1's original premise)

An entire continent like Elder Scrolls Online to explore from the get-go in groups with awesome in-game communication features for mic and non-mic users.

GlamFM

Banned
I would love Open World Destiny 2. (Destiny 1's original premise)

An entire continent like Elder Scrolls Online to explore from the get-go in groups with awesome in-game communication features for mic and non-mic users.

Zones are supposed to be way bigger and have stuff like outposts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom