• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jason Schreier: Yes, the Destiny 2 poster is real. Should be announced soon

Status
Not open for further replies.
I posted this in the other thread... but I really feel like the big half opacity 2 behind the original Destiny logo is an odd design choice. So I mocked up (in about 4 seconds) some alternatives.
Looking at it more and more, I think having the 2 behind "Destiny" makes sense. The tricorn is the big symbol of Destiny and it's always been right there next to the title, hell its part of the logo. Removing it for the 2 would look odd.

Though the 2 could certainly look prettier.

luffeN

Did anyone see the other comment from EG Tom?

"June beta gives Destiny 2 a leg-up on BioWare's Destiny-like new IP, which we're likely to see at E3."

The more different it is from Destiny the more interested I will be. Maybe they'll actually have a proper story and amount of content for an RPG this time though I'm not holding my breath.

drsoup

today!???

giphy.gif

Zemm

E: So, you could argue that the biggest draw in Destiny is the RNG to get super rare stuff (e.g. Gjallarhorn). I can't imagine a game people would be working harder to crack and make that all meaningless than the PC version of Destiny

They couldn't do it with Diablo 3 on PC, I'm sure they're talking to Blizzard about security stuff.

iFirez

I remember Reach's logo looked weird as shit at first

maxresdefault.jpg

That's now the standard styling

I actually like that though... Imagine if it looked like this:
VVrAoXG.png

(Obviously, I'm over exaggerating what Bungie have done with Destiny 2)

I just feel like a subtler effect than a massive 2 behind the exact same logo as Destiny 1 would have worked much better than what they've done here. I'm still super excited for the game and I can't wait to see what they might show us today... and in the long run the logo won't bother me... it's just not very good imo.

scoobs

If the PS3/360 were "holding back" Destiny 1, then there is an actual 0% chance a Switch version is coming for Destiny 2.

Ryuuga

Banned
Does anyone remember if the original alpha/beta required PS plus? Because I'm not re-upping that nonsense. I mean I guess it did in the case of crucible.

Unrivaled

Banned
It's my game of the generation so far.

its deffinetly one of my games of the Generation

I feel not enough time has passed for this to be a meaningful sequel

i feel where you are coming from... but having put 400 hrs into Destiny Vanilla i got burnt out by the time The TakenKing came around played a Month of that and stopped.. havent played since..

My body is ready for Destiny 2

Hope everything about the Nightfall stays the same as the Vanilla version

The more different it is from Destiny the more interested I will be. Maybe they'll actually have a proper story and amount of content for an RPG this time though I'm not holding my breath.

This is what I'm worried about. I think story should be a guaranteed improvement and that's enough for me, but I can't escape the feeling that this game is being rushed into existence. My guess is there will be a better foundation, e.g. better engine, better skill trees, more weapon mods, etc., but beyond that I fear that it's going to be a pretty stripped-to-the-core game, where it will once again take multiple expansions to keep things interesting.

FinKL

Bungie people at E3 Sony conference.

"Beta is out now for PS4 players!"

Sony definitely did this a few years ago when they did their E3 in theaters conference. I don't remember if it was Destiny though.

Sony always seems to be full of surprises.

Yes at PC! Hoping for some crossplay with ANY console (friend exclusive console player), but bracing for the fact I'll need him to get a Steam Big Picture PC.

The Destiny 2 cycle starting makes we want to pick up the collection. I enjoyed vanilla for what it was but never bought the expansions or downloaded the update that added quests and stuff.

Cool. Hope the new engine still hits a stable 30 on the standard PS4.

I kind of hope Red Dead Redemption 2 is delayed into 2018.

If CoD goes back to a world war and Battlefront 2 looks really good, the end of the year looks pretty good for fps fans, and for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom