• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So, what's your Jawmuncher Franchise?

Turok. I loved the series back in the day and while most of those games don't really hold up (I still enjoy Turok 2 though) I would love to see that series come back
turok.gif

Jawmuncher

Splatterhouse.

The originals kind of played like shit but as a kid it was just so awesome an idea to a young horror fan who's main hobby was games.

Then the remake came out and while it didn't play bad it wasn't good either, and the most off putting stuff wasn't even gameplay but the shit story, the waste of any good atmosphere since instead of horror it seemed they were trying dark but humorous, terror mask cracking jokes and shit.

I would still love it to get another shot, but not with dumbed down story's atmosphere or combat.

Serious, with combat based not on Character Action but more visceral and cinematic. There should always be blood on the screen but not through QTE's.

Also if they ever do hopefully they don't try the various states of undress girlfriend pictures, that just creeped me out and is one of the few times I felt shame for playing a specific game.

I actually really enjoyed the reboot. But I can understand why you didn't with your detailed post. It did change a lot of what the originals were about and basically only kept the hockey mask guy kills stuff and not much more. Still it's interesting for what it was. Would be great to see another attempt at something more like the original though.

No one's gonna explain what the hell this is about then? Well alright.

The OP explains it pretty well. What's a franchise or game you really want to come back that really isn't much in the public eyes these days so it kind of feels forgotten by many but you. OP decided to use my name since I make a lot of posts on the past and future of Dino Crisis to help spread awareness.

Banned
To anyone confused about who Jawmuncher is:

He's a die hard Dino Crisis fan who wants the IP to be revived. He posts about it on Twitter and a bunch of GAF threads.

He also likes action based resident evil (5 and 6) which is also dead.

He also mained Snake in Smash Brawl and he's never coming back to Smash no matter how much Jaw likes him.

Basically anything Jaw likes gets canceled, put on hiatus or dies.

http://m.neogaf.com/member.php?u=74705

Opa-Pa

Fantasy Zone... It's not bad or mediocre in the slightest but it's the closest I can think of.

The amount of dormant Sega IPs is criminal.

Normally I'd have answered Digimon World but we got the sequel in the west this year and it was glorious, yay.

Eylos

Banned
Megaman legends
Breath of fire

One day, a great day, a beautiful day, when the stars align and capcom stop the bullshit of killing franchises

I dont think chrono qualify.

I'd say Devil May Cry if that one part of me that believes a sequel announcement is coming would die finally. So instead:
giphy.gif

Third Person Shooter, Rearmed; JUST GIVE ME SOMETHING CAPCOM!

Wanderer5

Lmao at the thread title

In my case:

- Prince of Persia 2008
- Onimusha

I love them to death, and I wish Capcom and Ubi revisit them some day

*Sheds a tear*

Definitely would be one of my top choices for this topic. I miss PoP... And yeah, definitely Dino Crisis also. DC2 was especially a blast, and kind of wish that it and the first would come on steam and such.

VJbox.jpg

I need more of it sooooo bad.

Bonus Question: My version of his need for Snake in Smash is definitely Geno. My excitement if that ever happens will single handedly crash GAF.

Matty77

I actually really enjoyed the reboot. But I can understand why you didn't with your detailed post. It did change a lot of what the originals were about and basically only kept the hockey mask guy kills stuff and not much more. Still it's interesting for what it was. Would be great to see another attempt at something more like the original though.
I actually played through it multiple times I don't hate it, just was a dissapointment and I can see why it failed with the public.

I still want another though.

Camjo-Z

PaRappa the Rapper will rise back to the top again!... One day.

At least he's got another anime season and a mobile game coming out, more than you can say for most dead franchises.

KIRBY 👏 STAR 👏 STACKER 👏 SEQUELS

just put star stacker snes on the switch virtual console. THAT'S ALL I ASK NINTENDO

saturnine

I'm not greedy, I'm a reasonable man, I just want a turn-based JRPG like those in the late 90's/early 00's. When they had nice character-development scenes and acceptable character designs. You can keep the stupid guide-only sidequests and postgame-billionHP-megabosses. Whatever the franchise.

Devil May Cry, but I'm quickly losing hope.

Banjo Kazooie used to be one, but I've long since given up on Rareware. At least they could get Kinect games out in a timely manner. They've put out jack and shit for the past 4 years besides a port of their old games and Sea of Theives keeps getting delayed. If Sea of Theives actually comes out Q2 2018, that will make a single new game in almost five years. And before that was five years of Kinect sports.

Paper Mario got sequels in 3ds and WiiU! Even a spin-spin off!
No, I do believe you are mistaken.

I vaguely remember a Wii game, but there definitely were not Paper Mario games released for the 3DS and Wii U, and certainly not ones that abandoned everything that made the originals so great.

Caffeine

remember whatever you probably hate. jawmuncher probably has it in his top 10

and yes battle network would be mine. what the hell capcom keeps holding all these games hostage.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Twisted Metal

Esports motherfucker

Last time they made a online focused Twisted Metal the series died. I say give us a great Twisted Metal focused on great individual stories again, with tons of single player content, bots that actually attack each other like every TM except the PS3 one...

Games with great gameplay and great offline tend to be successful. Games with great gameplay but shit offline go the Street Fighter V way.

Dremorak

Banned
haha! What a great title :D There was that guy on here that used to make threads about SOCOM all the time... I guess he gave up :(

For me I guess it would be Rune Factory...that series is all but dead now :(

Last time they made a online focused Twisted Metal the series died. I say give us a great Twisted Metal focused on great individual stories again, with tons of single player content, bots that actually attack each other like every TM except the PS3 one...

Games with great gameplay and great offline tend to be successful. Games with great gameplay but shit offline go the Street Fighter V way.
It's a competitive deathmatch game that was originally popular for local multiplayer

"Hero games" are the hotness. Put out a classic style character game with online that isn't broken (which was the real issue with the last TM)

Don't get me wrong the story stuff is fun too but those classic individual stories are just arcade mode

Online only is fair but SFV also has the barrier of people being terrified of online professionals. Twisted Metal is inherently a dumb car game with guns

Panthers

Tactical TPS in the vein of SOCOM. SOCOM 1 and 2 haven't been replicated or dethroned as my favorite online shooter. I just want some of that nostalgia again. Spending all night in a Medley room with the same people till 4am, when it would finally die down and people would get a few hours of sleep.

JSRF.
I want a remake of the game with some new locales, new music, and a New Game+.

Also Vector-Man
Would be great to have a Vicarious Vision style remake of part 1 and 2.

Top Bottom