• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb Thread 2: A thread on a popular internet message board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darklord

Banned
gTdjm.jpg

:D:D:D:D

Haha, Ryan looks like a big kid there.

kylej

Banned
watching SSX QL

"This game doesn't really take much skill, it's pretty easy"

*spends next 20 minutes failing every event in catastrophic fashion*

O_O

Kyou

Why the fuck is Johnny wearing a suit and tie to Disneyland? Official business? :lol

in his tweet it sounded like he drove from the office just to have lunch with Ryan.

But come on man, at least put on a two-sizes-too-small Winnie the Pooh shirt over your suit for effect!

sixghost

watching SSX QL

"This game doesn't really take much skill, it's pretty easy"

*spends next 20 minutes failing every event in catastrophic fashion*

O_O

LOL HES BAD AT GAMES RIGHT

he's obviously referring to the huge amounts of leeway they give you when it comes to wipeouts. Did you not see him landing with his board basically perpendicular to the slope half the time, or flying into a mountainside but still being alright?

Curufinwe

Oh shit someone stating what their experience was while playing a game? Helllll naw

I have no problem with him stating what he experienced, I just know that lack of items in Alan Wake was not a problem with the game when I played it. On Normal or Nightmare.

That's a strange comment. Do you think he should be sitting alone in a mansion if he were a millionaire?

My comment was strange? How do you get to "He should be Charles Foster Kane, ruing his life in his solitary estate!" from "Why would you put up with some dude living in your house if you could afford to own it yourself?"

StuBurns

Banned
My comment was strange? How do you get to "He should be Charles Foster Kane, ruing his life in his solitary estate!" from "Why would you put up with some dude living in your house if you could afford to own it yourself?"
Because the implication is you would only want company in your house because you can't afford to be on your own, I think that's bizarre, and depressing.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I never even thought about the possibility of Jeff getting a big settlement from the Game Spot debacle. If he did manage to win a settlement he has managed to keep it real as hell, so that's cool.

Because the implication is you would only want company in your house because you can't afford to be on your own, I think that's bizarre, and depressing.

A grown man living alone who has a rich work and social life and has yet to marry is bizarre and depressing? Seek help.

Jeff should write an autobiography, especially after hearing about that internet stuff.
When he reties he will the one of the FEW people in the entire world who can do an AMAZING book about the video games industry from the press side.

Because he has been covering it since the beginning and almost no-one can say that.

Thought about this a few months ago he really needs to write a book but not yet.
In the USA having room/house mates is very more socially acceptable than in Europe, where you live longer with your parents until you find a partner to live with or living on your own.

When he reties he will the one of the FEW people in the entire world who can do an AMAZING book about the video games industry from the press side.

Because he has been covering it since the beginning and almost no-one can say that.

Thought about this a few months ago he really needs to write a book but not yet.

He definitely needs to do it when he retires. I would love to read that.

Jeff Gerstmann said:
I have been writing about video games for my entire adult life. It would be insane to stop now.

And god bless him for it. I may agree with his opinions on specific games quite often (particularly when it comes to his dismissal of sacred cows), but when it comes to general matters in games, dude is a fucking bastion of truth. Way too often I forget how good Jeff is at his job.

I hope he doesn't retire anytime soon. He could be the new Jeff Green if he keeps going another 10+ years.
He is living the dream with a dream job so no I do not think he is retiring any time soon.

But can any one name a other "game press" person who has been working in the industry for 25 years now?
Because I actually like to know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom