• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb Thread 2: A thread on a popular internet message board

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, I've genuinely reached the old age of 21 and never experienced it before.

Though like I said, other than the WM t-shirts I've only imported one or two things in my life. Not like you with all your XXX anime from Japan, Orgun!

Myomoto

Eh okay, I take back my rage at Whiskey then. I'll jot it down to a learning experience. I genuinely didn't know about custom fees etc, I thought that's what I was paying for with the extra postage. :(

How much did you pay for the hoodie? I don't know the British customs rules, but here in Denmark you don't have to pay customs for stuff that costs less than $25. It's worth looking into at least.

Patryn

PAX East schedule is out, and of course there's going to be a live Bombcast. But it's on Saturday this time!

Info:

Giant Bomb Easter Weekend Safe and Sane Family Funfest 2012
Manticore Theatre
Saturday 9:00pm - 10:30pm
Celebrate Easter weekend with the traditional Boston tradition of a Giant Bomb PAX panel! Time Magazine, Good Morning America, and The New Yorker all agree, the Giant Bombcast "...is a thing!" You won't want to miss it!
Panelists include: Ryan Davis [Commodore, Giant Bomb], Jeff Gerstmann [Founder, Leo, Giant Bomb], Brad Shoemaker [Vocalist (Baritone), Giant Bomb], Vinny Caravella [Italian Stallion, Giant Bomb], Patrick Klepek [WILDCARD, Giant Bomb]

Hopefully there won't be union issues or whatever, and they can just go for as long as they want.

Patryn

It's Giant Bomb, of course there will be, but they wouldn't put them in the official billing since they likely won't know who until showtime.

Yeah. Would probably be willing to bet money that Alex shows up at the very least, given that it's east coast. Probably Johnny V if he's there as well.

Brashnir

PAX East schedule is out, and of course there's going to be a live Bombcast. But it's on Saturday this time!

Info:

Manticore Theatre
Celebrate Easter weekend with the traditional Boston tradition of a Giant Bomb PAX panel! Time Magazine, Good Morning America, and The New Yorker all agree, the Giant Bombcast "...is a thing!" You won't want to miss it!
Panelists include: Ryan Davis [Commodore, Giant Bomb], Jeff Gerstmann [Founder, Leo, Giant Bomb], Brad Shoemaker [Vocalist (Baritone), Giant Bomb], Vinny Caravella [Italian Stallion, Giant Bomb], Patrick Klepek [WILDCARD, Giant Bomb]

Hopefully there won't be union issues or whatever, and they can just go for as long as they want.

They're never even going to make it to the theater. Patrick is going to cut the brakes on the rental car.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYtjpIwamos

Info:

Manticore Theatre

FUCK YEA

I should be there!

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Holy shit, watching Rise of Flight QL and just accidentally actively cheered when
they bombed the ship!
DVD is the best quick look team in the history of Giant Bomb.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
HOLY SHIT @ end of Rise of Flight QL!!! Best quick look moment since the giant clubbed that sabercat in the Skyrim quick look!

OMG Aero

I need a follow up video or at least pictures on those pizzas.
It was such a tease showing how thick those pizzas are but not showing anything but the crust.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Too bad about the ME3 podcast. I figured it would be a pure shill episode, but what can ya do. Hopefully BioWare isn't sponsoring the next podcast anyway. lol

I knew there would be an emergency TNT today. I was expecting boardgames, but Tribes Ascend should be nice too :)

Also, nice Big Van Vader reference in the Jar Time title.

Special J

Banned
lol vinny is so paranoid. hes like omg the dry ice fumes. and drew is like guys its just carbon dioxide.

i remember back in kindergarden, my class had a Halloween party and the teacher had dry ice in the punch so it was smokey and it was never an issue.

kingocfs

Info:

Manticore Theatre

Great news!

There should be 2 Bombcasts

1. Dave, Vinny, Drew, and Brad
2. Vinny, Ryan, Patrick, and Jeff

"Podcast 1" can be premium. Vinny must spend 4 hours a week podcasting. I demand this.

I've had too much sugar.

Ozone

Eh, I might find time to go visit the Giant Bomb panel at PAX East. I'll be there anyway to speak on the UGC panel.

There should be 2 Bombcasts

1. Vinny, Vinny's Dad
2. Ryan, Patrick, Brad, and Jeff

"Podcast 1" can be premium. Vinny must spend 4 hours a week podcasting. I demand this.

I've had too much sugar.
Fixed that for you.

LuchaShaq

Banned
Honestly not sure what you guys wanted from the ME3 podcast. Vinny brought up the pre order bullshit, Patrick brought up that some people want no dlc/iphone/website email spam shit/multi and wanted to make sure you could still get the "best" ending.

Sorry not everyone is a jerk/troll just because it's bioware. Not like they were all gonna beat Hudson with steel chairs and yell "YO we from the internet bioware sucks now fool, why y'all so shitty bitches!".

S1kkZ

Honestly not sure what you guys wanted from the ME3 podcast. Vinny brought up the pre order bullshit, Patrick brought up that some people want no dlc/iphone/website email spam shit/multi and wanted to make sure you could still get the "best" ending.

Sorry not everyone is a jerk/troll just because it's bioware. Not like they were all gonna beat Hudson with steel chairs and yell "YO we from the internet bioware sucks now fool, why y'all so shitty bitches!".

how did the bioware guy respond?

Myomoto

Rival Video Game Website would totally have done that.

LuchaShaq

Banned
how did the bioware guy respond?

Just listen to it. Mostly pr style answers but to expect anything else out of him is crazy.

From the stuff I specifically mentioned?

Yes you can get "best" ending without Multiplayer/iphone etc.

Have to plan man hours+money for dlc/pre order stuff in advance, but stuff is flexible until last few months before launch because any changes to the plan at that time = expensive overtime.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I dunno, if it's a shill cast, I'd rather they not have done it.

I know video game websites are just PR vehicles anyway (herpaderp), but since they don't have corporate masters and don't take ads from random game companies, I'd rather they just not participate in that process at all.

Myomoto

I dunno, if it's a shill cast, I'd rather they not have done it.

I know video game websites are just PR vehicles anyway (herpaderp), but since they don't have corporate masters and don't take ads from random game companies, I'd rather they just not participate in that process at all.

They talk a bit about the actual design/development process as well, which I at least found fairly interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom