• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Soul Calibur VI announced for Xbox One/PC/PS4

JordanN

Banned
The rumors were everywhere for this game so yeah, it's finally announced now.

If it's as good as Soul Calibur 2, consider me there.

Looks awesome!!! Sophitia is back and Mitsurugi is young again, looks like a full reset which is awesome to me because Soul Calibur V was all over the place with that story and pointless character replacements.

qream

Finally!
This is my favorite fighting game. I hope they don’t mess with the characters too much again.
And please bring back the missions and rpg like elements of soul calibur 3.

Finally!
This is my favorite fighting game. I hope they don't mess with the characters too much again.
And please bring back the missions and rpg like elements of soul calibur 3.

Absolutely! I'll be there on day one if SC6 includes a similar single player campaign to SC3's.

I'm loving the art style on display in the announcement trailer. 2018 is going to be a good year.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
By looking at this trailer i honestly can't say that this is UE4, more like last gen UE3. Anyway, i like SC a lot more than TEKKEN so will definitely buy on PC... if the game will not be filled with MT's and loot boxes and will have good content.

I definitely want this again :D

Love it.

giphy.gif

I'd go out on a limb and say crossplay is an anomaly that won't be repeated again in a PS4 fighting game.

Maybe. Neither Tekken 7 or MvC Infinite had it. It really sucks for players in smaller markets.

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
By looking at this trailer i honestly can't say that this is UE4, more like last gen UE3. Anyway, i like SC a lot more than TEKKEN so will definitely buy on PC... if the game will not be filled with MT's and loot boxes and will have good content.

Fighting games used to be real showcases for graphics, but this gen no fighter has wowed me.

3rd and 1st person shooters have had better graphics then fighters this gen, which does not make sense, the visuals in fighter s should always be better because the stages are a lot smaller.

DonMigs85

Fighting games used to be real showcases for graphics, but this gen no fighter has wowed me.

3rd and 1st person shooters have had better graphics then fighters this gen, which does not make sense, the visuals in fighter s should always be better because the stages are a lot smaller.

Yeah I feel the same way. Perhaps we've reached the point of diminishing returns for character models. They need to improve background detail more now. Or maybe, similar to arcade racing games and platformers this gen, fighters just don't get the sales and budgets they used to anymore.

Alx

I hope the character editor will be at least as good as the previous one, unlike Tekken where it got downgraded. That was one of the best parts in SC5, and the media sharing features would be great to showcase our creations.

Mitsu and Sophi look younger. Maybe this one is set before SC5.

Hope they keep all the old game modes in, unlike what happened with Tekken.

Unreal Engine again? Huge mistake.
I doubt they would take on more development costs for this. You can probably expect them to use Unreal4 for each Tekken/SC sequel that gets made this generation.

amdb00mer

This will be a day one purchase for me. Love the Soul Calibur games. I know SC4 has licensing issues (Yoda and Vader), but hopefully, SC5 can be made BC on X1 before the release of SC6.

Ostrava04

Super stoked for this game but idk if I was just super hype for it but I was expecting the game to look better :/

Guest characters:

Switch: BOTW Link
PS4: Aloy
PC: Minecraft Steve
XBONE: uhhhhh blinx the time cat

a) Doesn't look like a Switch version is coming...though I'd honestly prefer they do something like remake an older SC (2, perhaps) from the ground up and include Link again.

b) If Minecraft Steve is going to be in the PC version, he'll be in the XBox version for sure, especially considering Microsoft owns Minecraft.

c) Isn't there a Spawn movie coming out next year? He wasn't a half-bad guest character for the XBox version of SC2 (though I preferred the GCN/Link version).

d) I haven't had my coffee yet so I completely forgot what I was going to say. Getting old sucks.

Anyway, unless they loot box the hell out of it or completely nerf the modes, I'm in on day one for this on my XBO:X.

BANGS

Banned
No Dreamcast version, no buy...

But seriously I'll prolly end up getting the PS4 version if it's any good...

Pejo

I'm really excited about this. I hope they took notes from SFV's word of mouth and will include a robust single player mode like the older games had.

I'm wondering what the current odds are that this will actually turn out to be decent. The probability seems reasonably high that it could turn out to be a hollow shell of a former classic fighting game that's riddled with microtransactions, DLC characters, season passes and limited single player content.

Either way, I can't wait to see more. I hope that the team has the right amount of resources available to them to make it great.

Mitsurigi is as young as he was in Soul Calibur 1 (the armor is almost the same) and Sophitia is alive.

To me the setting seems to be around Soul Calibur 1 era.

Which would be the best thing ever if the design follows suit. the first SC is still the best looking one.

Cautiously optmistic.

Muchacho

Very excited for this.

They're taking it back to Soul Calibur 1.

How do you say "Welcome to the stage of history" in Japanese?

Mitsurugi's face does look generic as fuck though :(

Terra_Ex

Dear Bamco, please revert GI to how it worked in previous games, not the trash that it was in SC V, thanks. Also expecting some decent single player content ala SC II/III if you want me to buy this.

Top Bottom