• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What's the deal with DETROIT: BECOME HUMAN?

Hoo-doo

Banned
Glad its not a Xbox game because it would have been canceled already.

It wouldn't have gone past the pitch meeting, probably.

Xbox exec: Yeah but where does the online multiplayer and the lootcrate system come in?
David Cage: Well, it doesn't. It's a single-player experience.
Xbox exec: *pulls trap door lever*

RevenWolf

Xbox exec: Yeah but where does the online multiplayer and the lootcrate system come in?

David Cage: No but the characters have sooo many polygons! Sooo much emotion!

So many missed opportunities for amazing games wasted....

absolutely nothing since e3. i'm scared

Sony have zero reason it show it. It would be bad for them to show it, better to hold off until a big event or time when PS4 sales slow.

Expect the next time it gets trotted out they will show some gameplay and likely give more information on who you play as. Really no need to show more until this E3 2017 IMO.

Glad its not a Xbox game because it would have been canceled already.

You are absolutely right there. For example, David Cage pitched Heavy Rain to MS before going with Sony. MS in their typical meddling nature and disrespect for creativity and the developer's vision (which is very apparent with what they have done with Phantom Dust, Fable, Rare and Scalebound), wanted to change the game and remove child deaths and kidnappings from it completely before even considering publishing it.

All jokes aside, didn't David Cage say he tried to get MS to sign Heavy Rain but they didn't as they were uncomfortable with the premise of a child kidnapping?

EDIT-

You are absolutely right there. For example, David Cage pitched Heavy Rain to MS before going with Sony. MS in their typical meddling nature and disrespect for creativity and the developer's vision (which is very apparent with what they have done with Phantom Dust, Fable, Rare and Scalebound), wanted to change the game and remove child deaths and kidnappings from it completely before even considering publishing it.

Zing!

Gastone

I wouldn't sweat it. I'm glad there isn't more media about the game available. Being oversaturated by images, trailers, gameplay vids etc can actually diminish my hype for a game.

Skeeter49

It's all about when's the right time to show the game. This is a story based game, so unless they're showing Kara gameplay, a new character, or an overarching trailer, I assume they don't want to show much, or I hope so, with Beyond they showed way too much, and I hope Quantic Dream learned from that.

That being said, Beyond was shown at film events as well as E3 if memory serves, so I wouldn't be surprised if we saw Detroit before E3, but that's up to Sony, and I don't think Sony would allow it to be shown before E3 unless it's possible it's a 2017 game. I don't think QD are that big on Twitter, in general I don't think they're a studio that likes to talk about their game until they have something concrete to show.

Game is certainly progressing. Devs regularly tweet from their mocap sessions:

screenshot_253fz49.png

Just isn't much to show atm I would assume. They only started full production early last year (hence I think it will release 2018) and the E3 scene was the first full scene they finished. Their games always have long pre-production phases and then a relatively quick full production. This pretty much follows the trends of their past games with also long stretches of silence. Following past trends we should get more material around April and then at E3.

Thats gotta be a meme joke,right ?
It's not real (obviously). Cage hasn't talked to the press in ages anyway (for good reason)

Opa-Pa

Bad games being made scares me too, OP.

But seriously this isn't Microsoft we're talking about. I really, really doubt the game is in danger, they are probably just waiting for the right time to show more.

Harmen

Not worried. Sony has plenty of major exlusives coming (and some niche as well), they simply spread them to keep the momentum of the ps4 hype going at all times. I think Sony is really good at that this generation, actually.

(Also, screw the haters. It is not like Life is Strange or most Telltale games don't contain awkward/cheesy lines, nonsensical plot threads, or one dimensional characters and those seem to be revered here. I can't stand Cages public persona though and choose to ignore it, I like his products.)

It is sad seeing as David Cage actually pitched Heavy Rain to Microsoft before Sony..

bunkitz

Hey, same thing with God of War and Spider-Man. Nothing to worry about. Could be that Sony just doesn't want them showing much yet until they're sure about the release date and whatnot. Even though, yeah, they've barely shown anything in general. It happens. Don't worry, man.

Not unlikely too that Sony's just waiting for the other big titles to get out of the way before they start marketing the game more.

Top Bottom