• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What's the deal with DETROIT: BECOME HUMAN?

jmaine_ph

And that's a problem why? Show your game and go away until it's close to being done and you're ready to announce a release date.

DKHF

We haven't seen a lot of the AAA Sony games shown at E3 since E3 so I don't think that's reason to panic. It will probably be a Q4 2017 or Q1 2018 release.

Elixist

hqdefault.jpg

We'll see it again at this E3 with a Holiday 2017 date, then towards the end of the year it'll be delayed, and it'll probably come out early 2018. That's basically how every PS4 exclusive has gone this generation.

hydruxo

It really hasn't been that long since E3. Plus it's not exactly the type of game where they're going to be showing alot of gameplay videos. I imagine we won't see anything else until this years E3.

RedAssedApe

Banned
i thought we all agreed that we wanted sony to stop showing games early :p

in all seriousness...maybe i wasn't paying attention but i don't recall a ton of info getting put out there for heavy rain and/or beyond two souls either in the years leading up to release. was there?

also...i don't want spoilers for this type of game either

Weren't they at Paris Games Week? Since then I imagine we've just heard less because of the holidays. David Cage would never let me down, I'm not worried.

It's not really a game they can demo or showcase.
Or even release many marketing trailers for it because they'd be spoilers.

An announcement is all it needs until a release date. And a final launch trailer/TV spot.

They're doing us a favor by not showing much.

arcticice

I don't see any problem with this. The game is not coming out before fall of 2018, so i wouldn't really be worried about it. It has a lot of time left to market itself.

Illucio

Banned
It will get done, no worries. They always complete their titles, there is a fair amount of hype behind the game, and they showed off quite a bit of footage before hand.

Needless to say we can easily assume it's still fairly well in development and should be popping up again anytime now.

Didn't the same thing happen with Beyond: Two Souls? They announced the project & Paige's involvement, then went silent on it for about a year. When it showed up again, the game was pretty much done.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
I'm more interersted in WILD's whereabouts. I'm sure detroit will make an appearance at e3, but where the hell is wild?!

Kaelan

Games take a while. Plus if it has as many choices and outcomes as it claims it will be a game that will take time.

Footos22

I'm more interersted in WILD's whereabouts. I'm sure detroit will make an appearance at e3, but where the hell is wild?!

Wild will take ages. Ancels time is split between that and beyond good and evil 2 and at this point im sure beyond good and evil 2 is his priority. Wild has a very very small dev team.

CloudWolf

I wouldn't worry too much, as with most Cage games it will come out when it's done
and it will be mediocre and forgotten within six months

Top Bottom