• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Study: France, Germany, Spain&most Europe more racist towards blacks than Britain, US

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol, OP, check your sources. Germany scores better than California for example

An images is supposed to say more than a thousand words, this is not even close.

But yeah, pretty sure OP knows he's talking shit. Trolling caused by some sort of inferiority complex, it feels like.

Kayhan

So Germany scores better than California yet OP calls out Germany in his title.

OP, are you going to come back and explain yourself or are you hit-and-run guy?

Problems with methodology aside, the article links to a survey for the US which seems to generally show worse scores. The color coding seems to differ between the US and EU chart, putting EU in an unfavorable light.

And I thought this was embarrassing enough already.

Fucking lol, Shadowhelper.

This shit is old, not sure why you dug it up again
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1368316
Because it's kind of OP's thing to excuse American racism with European racism, i.e. weaponize anti-racism for nationalist purposes. If they're the poster I'm thinking of, they've had a few crazy rants about it in a few threads.

Still, there's a deep truth to European racism, which tends to often be obfuscated by color blind people who don't view themselves as racists, as they don't even believe in an operative definition of race, which in turn makes racism an elusive belief system rather than the sum of alienating behaviors.

It goes without saying that racism is a huge problem everywhere in the world, which is why these threads that squabble over Europe or the US being more racist than one or another are so dumb.
Exactly.

It goes without saying that racism is a huge problem everywhere in the world, which is why these threads that squabble over Europe or the US being more racist than one or another are so dumb.

It's even worse since the mechanisms of institutional racism function differently from country, so making a straight comparison is pointless.

rambis

Banned

Right. This is one of the weirder epeens out there.

Gin-Shiio

Nah, these studies can be quite valuable, granted they are conducted with sound methodology. This one, as has been stated, does not match that criteria.

Vastag

In results that should surprise no one, the latest studies prove attitudes towards black people in America are far less racist than anywhere in Europe.

The same study that you are quoting says otherwise. You should try reading the numbers instead of looking only at the colours:

img_04700kbyi.png

The countries that you explicitly named in your title have better numbers than most states in the US. The worst scores overall are for several states, which are far worse than anything in Europe.

Wait, isn't OP the guy in that food thread that said European food was shit and a copy of American food?

Called Spanish food a copy, yes. And said that in the US, muslims are accepted, not discriminated against.
I know I keep repeating this, but it just baffles me how someone can enjoy trolling this much.

Dr.Phibes

OP clearly has an anti-europe agenda. He did some hilarious shitposting in the US vs. Europe food thread a few days ago.

Visited Poland for a track meet my sister was competing in with the USA team. We were in a smaller city (Bydgoszcz) and so many of the people there were legit terrified seeing 30 or so black people walk through the streets.

So, to summarize:

- Color coding between US and Europe map is misleading, countries the OP mentioned actually score better

- The methodology is frowned upon and not reliable

- The samples weren't picked to ensure to make the study representative, instead people were self-selecting themselves for the study

UK got Idris Elba so they cool with black people.

On a serious note, it seems Brits and to a lesser extent the Irish are much more inclined to hate on Eastern Europeans than Blacks. No love for Poland over there thats for damn sure.

I always thought us brits loved polish people, they serve our drinks in the pub so that automatically makes them our best mate

Javier23

Banned
If misreading data presented in a rather doubtful manner to end up concluding the opposite of what the maps show help y'all sleep better at night, you do that, my dear Americans.

It's won't solve your problems though.

Hypron

Did Europe piss in your corn flakes OP?

Everyone in this thread should read the NYMag article Crab linked to. Not only is the IAT in itself rather flawed and untrustworthy (because, in contrast to what it claims, it's not really clear what it actually tests), but using it in such a way, especially with the caveat that it's only available in English, is completely useless. Well, except if you want to draw a map with a few colours on.

lol that excludes most of the population in a lot of European countries.

But calling Europeans racist isn't edgy enough for me. So I'm going to pretend racism is an American concept like half the people here.

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
Lol, OP, check your sources. Germany scores better than California for example

img_04700kbyi.png

And the most racist countries in Europe are "beaten" by US states.

Of course, that's only the case if we take this whole report serious which we shouldn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom