• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT3| 80.8 % Certified Fresh

Pachimari

They really had a golden egg with that Peter/Gwen relationship. Such a shame that they didn't get more out of that dynamic. I still love that whole scene with Peter trying to save Gwen. I should give both movies a rewatch soon.

I actually Wonder how much of a love interesting Liz is gonna be. Because it can't just end up with a kiss, they gotta spend time on this arc and build up to this relationship.

Definitely its downfall for me. I like ASM2 but it's so bogged down by all the extra garbage they tried to cram in there. I'm not in the "too many villains" crowd but cut Rhino, cut the parents, cut the Goblin and it could have been a much better movie. It seems like making the Sinister Six for ASM3 was such a priority them.

To me, they could have just set up Harry to be the Goblin at the end and got another movie out of the solid Peter/Gwen dynamic which I felt worked really well.

Rhino was fine. Especially since he bookended the movie. I agree about Goblin though. Gwen's death should have been the end of a trilogy. Instead it was instantly telegraphed from the beginning of the movie. Sinister Six should have been the focus of the third. They could have easily set the rest up in ASM3 with Goblin being the big bad.

SpaceWolf

Banned
All I want is a Bob Odenkirk Mysterio.

tumblr_m4uzysbEap1rqrk6x.gif

curb

Banned
Rhino was fine. Especially since he bookended the movie. I agree about Goblin though. Gwen's death should have been the end of a trilogy. Instead it was instantly telegraphed from the beginning of the movie. Sinister Six should have been the focus of the third. They could have easily set the rest up in ASM3 with Goblin being the big bad.

I only really mentioned Rhino because of the Sinister Six bloat. I barely count him as a villain in the film. Ultimately, I think they could have accomplished the same end of getting Pete to suit up again at the end without him.

I totally agree about Gwen's death belonging in a third movie. It held weight in ASM2 because of the solid dynamic between her and Peter but I don't think the emotional significance of being at Harry's hand wasn't particularly earned. A third movie could have really hit that home.

SpaceWolf

Banned
I'm wondering if Hulk is just going to show up for the first act of Ragnarok for a big gladiatorial set-piece, only to disappear for the rest of the movie.

Pachimari

I really love what they've done with Vulture and how him and Shocker and stuff works so seamlessly with the rest of the MCU. How they've incorporated everything, and how it doesn't feel like a solo movie but more like a piece of the larger universe.

SpaceWolf

Banned
Wish they could have put some Netflix references in a news ticker in that scene.

It would have been so easy! So easy!

(Sigh)

SpaceWolf

Banned
Do we think Spiderman: Homecoming will make more or less than the last film Amazing Spiderman 2 (which made 709 million internationally)?

For the record, Doctor Strange made 677 million and Ant Man made 519 million.

Do we think Spiderman: Homecoming will make more or less than the last film Amazing Spiderman 2 (which made 709 million internationally)?

More.

He's Spider-Man. And Tony's in it. If the word of mouth is stellar (and I'm sure it will be), this thing could net around a billi.

Pachimari

More. I'm betting on $800-850 million WW.

Pachimari

I know this is sarcasm, but I gotta say, I think it's hilarious Hulk and Strange can join Thor and we still consider it a Thor movie lmao
For all we know, Doctor Strange could be in a single scene , and Hulk we've only seen in that gladiator fight. While Iron Man is integral to the development of the main character's arc and he has six scenes in Spider-Man.

For all we know, Doctor Strange could be in a single scene , and Hulk we've only seen in that gladiator fight. While Iron Man is integral to the development of the main character's arc and he has six scenes in Spider-Man.

Thor 3 has literally been described as a buddy cop film starring Thor and Hulk.

Guys, quit being stupid about this. Seriously. It's a Spider-Man movie lmfao

The Kree

Banned
Loeb pretty much disregards the movies, avengers tower not being there is egregious.

It's there in some of the marketing materials though. Not rendering the tower for a handful of skyline shots in the shows is probably just a corner they can cut to save money.

Pachimari

I love how Iron Man can be everywhere, and all the salt coming with it. He's the right Avenger, not Steve Rogers.

Also, super nice cover!

Top Bottom