• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Techland will be updating Dying Light over the next 12 months with 10 pieces of DLC

MAKE THAT FREE DLC

At an event during E3 2017, Techland have announced that Dying Light will be getting ten new pieces of free DLC in the next 12 months. Some will even include extra story content, and the first will be "available soon" adding new enemies to fight against.

To know what to expect, it’s probably worth taking a look at The Following, the Dying Light expansion that came out more than a year ago. In that, Techland shifted the focus from parkour to vehicular action, plonking a dune buggy down in its open-world. Running the undead over proved popular, so it’s likely the developers are looking to expand their roster of vehicles in upcoming DLC.

The Following also added a new cult-addled area to the game, so expect extra segments of map to come out of this plan. You’ll have more info when we do.

https://www.pcgamesn.com/dying-light/dying-light-dlc-free-2017-2018-e3

renzolama

More Dying Light content is always nice, but seems like a weird announcement. Where's the financial angle, what about the next game?

BHK3

Banned
Really would prefer less Vehicles and Less The Following, really ruined the tight design and parlour.

Zekes!

well I just picked this up on sale, so that's real cool

they seem to be putting a ton of effort into this game

jediyoshi

I was literally just checking yesterday being shocked it had gotten an update this week

I should probably get to the following

Shredderi

Industry leading style of support for their game. I'll definitely go back in if they add in something worthwhile. Please show Dying Light 2 soon T_T Please don't wait until E3 2018.

Grisby

Yeah, that's cool to hear that they're still gonna support it. Wasn't a big fan of the vehicles though, as the switch to driving instead of parkour kinda of soured me on the Following.

shiyrley

Banned
Dying Light Enhanced Edition is one of the few PC games I have purchased in physical format at full price and I don't regret it one bit

Shredderi

Yeah, that's cool to hear that they're still gonna support it. Wasn't a big fan of the vehicles though, as the switch to driving instead of parkour kinda of soured me on the Following.

Yeah the expansion definitely wasn't as fun in the moment-to-moment gameplay department anymore. I've seen this complaing expressed a lot so I think most fans actually agree with this sentiment: driving wasn't as fun as parkouring on well designed rooftops and buildings. It's not that the driving was especially bad in general. I mean it's on par with the standard stuff you see in games like Far Cry etc. The problem is that their parkour system in the environments they built is one of the best in the industry and was one of the game's very best points, if not the best and they took most of that away in the expansion.

It would be a big mistake to introduce more focus on vehicles in the eventual Dying Light 2. I hope they noticed that the complaint about driving was very common and won't double down on it. Double down on the parkour stuff and make it even better and you will have a pretty fucking fun game to play. Driving the long distances back and forth was boring.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Didnt this game come out over 2 years ago?

Their post launch support for this game (upgrading all owners to the enhanced edition, a solid season pass plus all this) is exemplary.

FZW

I just bought the game too!

but unfortunately I bought the PS4 version so I wont get the benefit of any XBX updates :(

Was just thinking about starting another playthrough of this. Techland is really underrated as a dev.

Game could use a "free play" mode, where you can start a new character with immediate access to all three maps.

Jacqli

I have it for PS4, but never get around to playing it (damn overwatch and dbd). Neat detail from their part, I was not expecting something like this.

Stillmatic

One of the best games of the gen keeps getting better. I can't wait!

This reminds me I still need to play The Following.

Mooreberg

That is awesome. Put about 45 hours into the main game, and I still need to play The Following. This is the sort of thing that makes a day one purchase for a sequel (or whatever their next game is) more likely.

This makes no sense to me when they could just make Dying Light 2 and add quests/assets to a new title. I was actually hoping for a Dying Light 2 teaser at E3

Zukkoyaki

Dying Light 2 is going to be big. First game was great, sold millions of copies, has had good word of mouth and Techland has generated a ton of goodwill since then. Best of luck to them!

Top Bottom