• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Techland will be updating Dying Light over the next 12 months with 10 pieces of DLC

SeanTSC

Awesome, Dying Light is probably my favorite "Zombie game" ever made. Definitely want to do more.

Also please make a Dying Light 2 so that I can give you more money.

BLAUcopter

Gold Member
The atmosphere is this game continues to blow me away. No other game has nailed the feeling of roaming around a city alone like this. And don't get me started on the amazing weather and fire effects!

Hopefully they're working on something new soon...

Vintage

That's awesome, but strange to do that so long after the game was released. I guess you are right, this is a campaign before announcement of DL2.

I was wondering what the update was. I bought it and the DLC that didn't come with the DL:The Following Enhanced Edition a month ago and I'm still playing it.

How's the PC version?
i5 6500 and a 1070 can kill it right?

You should, I get a mostly solid 72fps (half my refresh rate) on an old 2500k at 4.5Ghz with I think everything at the highest setting with motion blur and chromatic aberration off. Though my 1070 is OC'd to 2113MHz and VRAM to 9GHz as well. If you're aiming for 60FPS you shouldn't have any problems.

This game gave me hours of joy. It felt super emergent at times and I've had a few instances that really stuck out. Playing coop with randoms in the following (I was definitely underdeveloped) and getting my buggy stuck on a rock in the night. I remember the panic after the people I was playing with just left me behind. Getting out of the buggy and kicking it to unstick it while zombies came in from every angle. Managed to get away and it was incredibly memorable.

Lots of stuff like that in the game. I remember playing with friends for the first time and experiencing the night. Hearing my friend screaming over mic and running back to the safe house only for him to get caught right outside was pretty hilarious.

RAWRferal

This basically confirms a second game for me. Hopefully they can spruce up the story or just drop it all together next time.

Great game and great to see support like this!

Crash331

The original game felt long in the tooth, I gave up about a third of the way in to the 2nd area. The Following was great, though.

riflen

how about working on Dying light 2 ?

I believe the developer has said that the technology needed to achieve their ambitions for a sequel is not ready yet. Whether this is referring to engine technology or something else isn't clear. They're obviously working on it in some fashion though.

Techland said:
Since the IP belongs to us, there is no external pressure to rush out another installment. Our main obligation is to the fans and to ourselves to create and release something amazing when it’s ready. We want to ensure that the next big thing in Dying Light is built around ideas and concepts that really push the game to the next level.

I was going to go back and replay this (well continue after I buy expansion) although I am not excited about vehicles. What did the enhanced edition change? I have "Dying Light: The Following: Enhanced edition...but I see "The Following: DLC" for sale. Do I have the expansion? Or do I have to buy that. I bought the game Day 1 and was upgraded to whatever this EE is.

Wow, that's pretty cool news. I'm still a little annoyed that the DLC patch kinda wonked out the game for me. I didn't care for the changes made to the game with that patch. It became of chore with the increase in zombies and the amount of damage they took.

fantastic, I forgot where I read it but. I think Techland stated the Technology required for Dying light 2 just wasn't there yet. With that in mind it seems like they decided to add more content, Friggin' Awesome!

I still need to beat the following I think I'm only 1 hour or so away from finishing the main expansion story.

Techland your great, and know how to support a good godamn game. =)

They've now released a statement with info about a community platform to help put all the DLC together (taking suggestions etc) and a quick teaser video for the first lot of #content.

Grisby

Yeah the expansion definitely wasn't as fun in the moment-to-moment gameplay department anymore. I've seen this complaing expressed a lot so I think most fans actually agree with this sentiment: driving wasn't as fun as parkouring on well designed rooftops and buildings. It's not that the driving was especially bad in general. I mean it's on par with the standard stuff you see in games like Far Cry etc. The problem is that their parkour system in the environments they built is one of the best in the industry and was one of the game's very best points, if not the best and they took most of that away in the expansion.

It would be a big mistake to introduce more focus on vehicles in the eventual Dying Light 2. I hope they noticed that the complaint about driving was very common and won't double down on it. Double down on the parkour stuff and make it even better and you will have a pretty fucking fun game to play. Driving the long distances back and forth was boring.
I agree.

Yeah and I don't want to be critical of free updates because that's awesome, but the driving wasn't a high point for me

Jesus. Techland really outdid themselves. They've supported Dying Light better than Bungie did with Destiny. I would have called anyone who suggested that in 2014 crazy.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Where is the PRO support guys, I thought this would be one of the first games with PRO support.

Same. It could really use one..

I've been tweeting the devs since Pro launched and still no word.

Sucks because I got enhanced edition at launch, but have been waiting on a Pro patch to play with friends.

To make matters worse, this is one of the only games that boost mode actually create problems with from what I've heard.

Sorry to bump an old thread, but has anyone tried/tested Dying Light: The Following on the X. It had a lot of performance issues and the resolution was a tad lower than the PS4 version. Not sure if it was dynamic. So I'm wondering if it's maxed full 1080p and locked 30fps now.

Here's the DF video for reference:

https://youtu.be/pK7OoZlQrf4

Oh man... HDR and Pro support would be *incredible* and now I'm sad it may not sneak into these new DLC updates.

Thanks for making me drool, you jerks. Yeah. YOU!

MADGAME

Wow Techland sound like cool devs. For someone who has neither bought nor played the game, does it hold up well from release?

With the hot topic of late being predatory/exploitative systems and micro transactions, any of that stuff in the game?

B4D1E

Wow Techland sound like cool devs. For someone who has neither bought nor played the game, does it hold up well from release?

With the hot topic of late being predatory/exploitative systems and micro transactions, any of that stuff in the game?

The game is great and holds up well. There are some paid dlc. But one year later, Techand announced they were offering several free dlc’s out of nowhere.

Top Bottom