• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Mummy |OT| A New World of Gods and Monsters

PcnH3T7.jpg

8tUIxPQ.jpg

hdQmD36.jpg

DeathyBoy

Banned
Can't beat the GOAT Mummy film.

p20719_d_v8_aa.jpg

I kid. Can't wait. Cruise is a smart cat film wise. Either the films are good with okay box office or great with good box office. Save for Oblivion.

Tagg9

I had high expectations when this revival was announced but the trailer makes it look so much worse than what it could have been.

This is probably a stupid question, but does this movie have any connection whatsoever to the previous franchise of the same name with Brendan Fraser? If not, it's confusing as fuck. Why would you go and pick the exact same name for something?

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
This is probably a stupid question, but does this movie have any connection whatsoever to the previous franchise of the same name with Brendan Fraser? If not, it's confusing as fuck. Why would you go and pick the exact same name for something?

Oh, my sweet summer child. It doesn't and what else would you call it? There was a "The Mummy" before the 99 one, and the last movie in that franchise was a good decade ago. I don't think they're worried about confusion.

I'm actually really hyped for this film. I've avoided any subsequent trailers because I want to be dazzled the whole time. It looks like it will just be a feast for the eyes, and not necessarily super heavy on narrative/dialogue.

Xater

I think this will end up being quite terrible. Can easily see this hitting a 30s score on Rottentomatoes. I wish it was different, but it doesn't look great and the people involved have done some other terrible stuff before.

I'm seeing this at an early screening tomorrow night. I'm shocked there aren't any reviews out whatsoever yet but I'll let folks know if it's any good after I see it.

I think this will end up being quite terrible. Can easily see this hitting a 30s score on Rottentomatoes. I wish it was different, but it doesn't look great and the people involved have done some other terrible stuff before.

I really don't think Cruise would pick a movie that terrible. He has a good track record. I do think it's going to flop though

When I saw the first trailer for this I kinda written it off, but the more I see of this, the more fun it looks. In a way it is reminding me of the Uncharted games.

Oersted

Kind of crazy that people still think the Fraser remakes/reboots were the originals.

People have no idea that Pocahontas actually lived, were surprised that the ship sinks,that Agatha Christie wrote Orient Express, that Scarface Al Pacino is not the first Scarface movie or that Winnie Pooh isn't a Disney creation.

Thats the world we live in.

I really enjoyed the Frasier movies (well the first 2 anyways) so I hope this one is good, needs to not take itself too Seriously and remember to be a fun adventure. I also hope it doesn't pull a Batman Vs Superman and spend a ridiculous amount of blatantly setting up the other movies planned. Also I only just realised that Russel Crowe is Dr Jekyll, I wonder how much that will have a part in the movie.

Top Bottom