• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This week's Famitsu thread of Niinouness, Level 5 Vision-ness, and Wesker in RE5

Wow, NinoKuni really does look awesome. And Ghibli is doing the art/animation too ? Well, looks like I'm going to have keep an eye on this one.

Rpgmonkey

7th Dragon looks good too, I think I'll stay interested. :)

And was the woman in the white dress n RE5 already named? Because her name is Excella Gionne. Or am I just catching up to this stuff...

RpgN

I never expected this to come out of my mouth (or keyboard? Whatever you prefer), but stop the rpg madness on the ds! I can't keep up with the news and I sure as hell won't be buying them all.

Cardboard senki, looks like inazuma with robots...It could be something. And the studio ghibli game looks nice so far.

Aeana

Oh my godddddd, 7th Dragon looks so cool. Totally different from what I was expecting, but very close to what I was actually hoping for (from what I can see so far). :O

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
RpgN said:
I never expected this to come out of my mouth (or keyboard? Whatever you prefer), but stop the rpg madness on the ds! I can't keep up with the news and I sure as hell won't be buying them all.

yep, shit is getting crazy rpg wise...

nice, more rpgs on psp...

Ghibli working on game is great, but what is the point in having them do animation on a DS game, unless you mean the cutscenes...otherwise it doesn't make that much difference, the DS has no power

duckroll

nelsonroyale said:

Ghibli working on game is great, but what is the point in having them do animation on a DS game, unless you mean the cutscenes...otherwise it doesn't make that much difference, the DS has no power

You are mistaken.... it has.....

2hhf3f9.jpg

Cedille

I wonder, of all the games OP lists, how many titles Mitsuda is involved.

Arc Rise Fantasia Infinite Space, Inazuma Eleven 2, and I suspect he or his company is working on more Level 5 games.

duckroll said:
What about Jade Cocoon?

Edit: Rakugaki Kingdom too!

I wonder if it's also retroactive. As in, the fact that they have so many upcoming games in development and pre-production over the last year at least, could that likely account for the delays that WKC and DQIX have been facing? I've stated since last year that I felt it was sort of a conflict of interest for a developer working on contract projects to also be working on self-published title, and it seems that they really have been focusing more on their own growth and progress instead.

They weren`t animated by Ghibli, it was done by staff who had previously worked at Ghibli. This is Ghibli proper, that makes it 10 times more significant!

duckroll

Cedille said:
I wonder, of all the games OP lists, how many titles Mitsuda is involved.

Arc Rise Fantasia Infinite Space, Inazuma Eleven 2, and I suspect he or his company is working on more Level 5 games.

Hidenori Suzuki is probably working on a lot of the games. Mitsuda not so much.

Cedille

duckroll said:
Ninokuni (DS/Level5/2009)

- This was originally planned as a console title.

By the way, this is mistranslated. The original post says 'this will be released for a console later'.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
RpgN said:
Why are you complaining about having more to choose from?!? Plus, who knows what will be localized... or when.

P.S. Acquire's DanDam (Dungeons & Dam) is a RPG too!

duckroll

Nuclear Muffin said:
They weren`t animated by Ghibli, it was done by staff who had previously worked at Ghibli. This is Ghibli proper, that makes it 10 times more significant!

Rakugaki Kingdom had characters from Ghiblis Ep2, and the animation was by Ghibli proper. Jade Cocoon had Kondo as a character designer and art director, and he's still working on Ghibli's projects even today.

sphinx

the piano man
the saddest thing is that a direct port of the gamecube REmake will look better than 95% of all current Wii 3rd party games...

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Neeeeeeeeeed direct feed photos for in-game Infinite Space shots on the second picture, I can't see a thing. The screen in the center doesn't even have in-game shots, UGH!

Nocebo

nelsonroyale said:

Eh? No power for what? 2d animation? :lol

duckroll

Cedille said:
AH~. I still believe what Imas said, though.

I'm not saying it's not the case, I haven't read the interview myself, so this was just my interpretation. It could be wrong. I'll remove it to avoid confusion just in case.

Ydahs

Were there any new screens of Arc Rise Fantasia in the issue? There are no scans yet... :(

This has been a really big issue, probably in preparation for TGS.

Wollan

I thought Level5 would be finished with PSP after Jeanne (I believe the game sold relatively poorly?), not that you should dump your efforts after one try. The ghost rpg sounds pretty interesting.

duckroll

Ydahs said:
Were there any new screens of Arc Rise Fantasia in the issue? There are no scans yet... :(

This has been a really big issue, probably in preparation for TGS.

There should be, but MMV titles are usually pretty low profile, so it might take a while before anyone decides to share any pics.

Infinite Space seems to be following the Xenosaga/Gundam philosophy in ship designs. The different factions and fleets have ships that are designed by different mechanical designers. :D

RpgN

jj984jj said:
Why are you complaining from having more to choose from?!? Plus, who knows what will be localized... or when.

P.S. Acquire's DunDam (Dungeons & Dam) is a RPG too!

There is always something to complain about, no? :D

I'm the kind of person who collects stuff a lot. so if there are too many Rpgs coming out, I'll go bankrupt :( Plus I can fairly gasp the Japanese language, enough to follow and enjoy the games. If they won't be localized, that won't be a problem (to me).

Seriously though, how many Rpgs have been announced the last couple of months on the ds? And lot of them have so many potential!

Wesker in Res5? Yes!

Mandoric

Banned
duckroll said:
Cardboard Senki (PSP/Level5/2009)

- Brand new type of RPG (o rly)
- You play as a mini robot called LBX, in environments made out of cardboard
- You can buy new parts and models for LBX at stores to upgrade and outfit the robot

Ahh, I'd been wondering what this was since they registered the trademark last year. Sounds... interesting, if perhaps pandering a bit hard.

vareon

What a good week for me.

7th Dragon looks much like EO, which makes it a day one.Ninokuni. looks interesting. I'll watch for more media in the future. Ghibli <3

Infinite Space looks ambitious, which leaves me worrying since I doubt the DS could handle such game.

Arc Rise Fantasia is right on track to be Wii's best JRPG.

Only Kizuna seems to get less interesting to me. All's well in the world.

duckroll said:
So, 7th Dragon is exactly what it looks like it is. Think DQ1 x7 with a 4 player party and DQ3's character creation system. You create characters and form a guild like in EO. Each party can have up to 4 characters, 7 classes to pick from. The conquest map at the bottom screen shows you the entire world, and which parts of the world are covered by the Furowaro flowers, and also the location of the 7 dragons. You objective in the game is to slay all 7 dragons. The graphics look like Mega Drive 2D graphics, and you can see your entire party like in DQ.

EO clone my ass. Haters am pwned.

Good, good.

duckroll

Okay, there's more information from the Ninokuni interview now that clears things up.

- There will be a console version of the game, but the hardware is not decided yet.
- They want the console version to offer something different for people that have already played the DS version, the selection of the hardware will be based on which is most suitable for this purpose.
- The exact same book will be packaged with the console version as well.

hmmm, a console version too...Im guessing wii...hopefully its ps3 though...would love a console game with ghibli heavily involved...

Although I would prefer them to release a new goddamn movie!!!

Aeana

nelsonroyale said:
hmmm, a console version too...Im guessing wii...hopefully its ps3 though...would love a console game with ghibli heavily involved...

Although I would prefer them to release a new goddamn movie!!!

They just released Ponyo on the Cliff by the Sea in July.

Layton 3 comes out November 27th
This is madness territory now, see why

Now on topic, oh my god Level(hyphen)5 delivered. Ninokuni looks awesome, I'm sure Layton will be full of win, even Inazuma Eleven 2 gets announced now, and they even have time for not one but two PSP games? Oh my Level-5, I'm really worried about WKC now. The cardboard PSP game looks like one of those anime shows about robots (maybe a tie-in like Inazuma?), the other looks and sounds better.

Lots of other announcements, handheld-domination really, 7th Dragon looks pretty good (now that its not a dungeon crawler, I hope it isn't as hard as those), PSP ports back in full force....and there is already 1 week more until TGS week.

Jonnyram

According to a leak on 2ch there are two other DS games coming from Level-5:
Sloane and McHale's Mysterious Story
Akira Tago's Brain Exercise Vol.1 Travel Around the World Solving Puzzles

For reference, Tago is the person who made the puzzles for the Layton series.

Top Bottom