• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This week's Famitsu thread of Niinouness, Level 5 Vision-ness, and Wesker in RE5

duckroll said:
Ninokuni (DS/Level5/2009)

- There will be a book bundled with the game filled with information on various magic crests and spell recipes. This "Magic Master" book is something that the main character in the game has, and the player will need to refer to from time to time while playing the game.

Reminds me of Infocom.
The Western publisher better not cheap out.

Capcom seems to have forgotten about Resident Evil 2 (and 3, to a lesser extent, as even that game was featured in Umbrella Chronicles for the Wii).

TreIII

duckroll said:
Yeah, it's really odd. Unless Hino is cloning all his staff in a facility under the offices, I don't see how they're making WKC, DQIX, a console Inazuma, and another 3 DS titles and 2 PSP titles, all at the same time. Wait...... REVOLUTION...... CLONING...... omg it's true! :eek:

XD

In any case, color me impressed with L5 being this ambitious.

TunaLover

GamerGeorge said:
Capcom seems to have forgotten about Resident Evil 2 (and 3, to a lesser extent, as even that game was featured in Umbrella Chronicles for the Wii).

that's because capcom hates kamiya
:p

Jonnyram

duckroll said:
Ninokuni (DS/Level5/2009)

- The animation in the game is all by Studio Ghibli
- Level 5's first 10th Anniversary product
- There will be a book bundled with the game filled with information on various magic crests and spell recipes. This "Magic Master" book is something that the main character in the game has, and the player will need to refer to from time to time while playing the game.
- This was originally planned as a console title.
Could this possibly be a licensed title? I'm sure Ghibli will have another movie out next summer and this could tie in with it. It's kind of unusual for them to do something outside of the film medium. But if Level-5 has pulled it off, I am stunned.

Also, you mention their workforce, but the reality is, they will be done with WKC and DQ9 soon, both of which are HUGE efforts. I reckon a single PS3 team could easily handle 2 PSP games within a smaller timeframe, or even more. It does seem to imply they are not working on any HD games though.

duckroll

Jonnyram said:
Could this possibly be a licensed title? I'm sure Ghibli will have another movie out next summer and this could tie in with it. It's kind of unusual for them to do something outside of the film medium. But if Level-5 has pulled it off, I am stunned.

What about Jade Cocoon?

Edit: Rakugaki Kingdom too!

Also, you mention their workforce, but the reality is, they will be done with WKC and DQ9 soon, both of which are HUGE efforts. I reckon a single PS3 team could easily handle 2 PSP games within a smaller timeframe, or even more. It does seem to imply they are not working on any HD games though.

I wonder if it's also retroactive. As in, the fact that they have so many upcoming games in development and pre-production over the last year at least, could that likely account for the delays that WKC and DQIX have been facing? I've stated since last year that I felt it was sort of a conflict of interest for a developer working on contract projects to also be working on self-published title, and it seems that they really have been focusing more on their own growth and progress instead.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
duckroll said:
I wonder if it's also retroactive. As in, the fact that they have so many upcoming games in development and pre-production over the last year at least, could that likely account for the delays that WKC and DQIX have been facing? I've stated since last year that I felt it was sort of a conflict of interest for a developer working on contract projects to also be working on self-published title, and it seems that they really have been focusing more on their own growth and progress instead.

Considering that Level 5's handheld effors have been great, I hope that they continue down this path.

Yes, even at the cost of making console games.

cvxfreak

Saw REmake Wii coming from a million miles away. Seriously guys, if it wasn't a shoe-in when RE0 was announced, then it sure as hell was when RE0 Wii actually sold well.

Hcoregamer00

cvxfreak said:
Saw REmake Wii coming from a million miles away. Seriously guys, if it wasn't a shoe-in when RE0 was announced, then it sure as hell was when RE0 Wii actually sold well.

Hopefully they will see the amazing sales and remake Resident Evil 2.

Yeah Right!!!

rykomatsu

also hearing that it's mentioned in famitsu that WKC will be fullHD (1080p) and online coop is confirmed or something...the scan links died before i got to them :( anyone able to confirm/deny this?

edit: nm, someone posted a scan on 2ch for me...fullHD confirmed for WKC

vertopci

Is Ragnarok DS supposed to be the same thing as the PC version only with a shitload less people?

If so, I still want it

duckroll

rykomatsu said:
also hearing that it's mentioned in famitsu that WKC will be fullHD (1080p) and online coop is confirmed or something...the scan links died before i got to them :( anyone able to confirm/deny this?

It's not in Famitsu, it's in Dengeki. I don't give a crap about WKC, so you're on your own!

Jonnyram

duckroll said:
What about Jade Cocoon?

Well, that just about kills my interest in Ninokuni then.

No doubt. I don't think the publishers really worry about the conflict of interests so much, though. It would be much worse if the game never came out in the end, but as long as it comes out eventually, I think most publishers are happy they don't have to do the dev themselves, along with getting a respected dev on their product.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
duckroll said:
What about Jade Cocoon?

Oh yeah, I forgot I bought all of Garakuta Studio's games because of Studio Ghibli. They did Jade Cocoon too?

DiddyBop

all these new level 5 games sound great,but i hope that the amount of titles they are releasing now doesnt degrade the quality that they are known for.

FoneBone

cvxfreak said:
How well did it sell?

Rpgmonkey

The Level-5 games have some interesting ideas, hope it turns out well. 7th Dragon also sounds interesting.

I think if I didn't love handhelds so much I think I'd be kinda starved when it comes to JRPGs...

Whatever works though. The flood of them on the DS/PSP lately is still pretty surprising to me.

And yay Wesker!

Hcoregamer00

bafflewaffle said:
You wouldnt be seeing all these L5 games if it wasnt for the out-of-the-gate success of Professor Layton.

Hopefully the Handheld consoles continue to be a money making operation, because I like these kind of announcements.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
DiddyBop said:
all these new level 5 games sound great,but i hope that the amount of titles they are releasing now doesnt degrade the quality that they are known for.
If anything, Level 5's quality has improved vastly when it comes to self-publishing their own efforts. I'm quite happy to see so many games announced by them and really shows that both the PSP and DS have got years left of life in them.

duckroll said:
REMake for Wii info:

- Port of REmake on GC
- Supports the GC controller
- You can draw your weapon by shaking the Wiimote (doesn't say anything about aiming)
Kind of expected after RE0, but it still made me laugh. And Capcom will laugh all the way to the bank as well.

Polari

Someone needs to hook up with Level 5 and make sure all their self-published games in Japan get published internationally in a timely fashion and with good localisations. I'm guessing Japan will see Inazuma Eleven 2 before we see the first one. :(

Decent scores for Disaster are a pleasant surprise. Looks like the game might be more a victim of Nintendo's new focus than a lack of quality. It will be interesting to see how it does with European publications.

Capcom: shameless.

Vinnk

Now I am sure we will get Wii ports of the Gamecube RE2 and 3.

Which were ports of the PC version/Dreamcast version.

With were slight upgrades of the Playstation versions.

I will guess that is the next "test" before proper remakes. Or maybe we will be tested with some Code Veronica port as well before we have proved our loyalty.

The mose tests I pass, the dumber I feel.. Why is that?

Troidal

So how much lower can Capcom go?

when they release the GC port version of RE2 and RE3 on the Wii, that'll be the day where I'll strangle baby kittens and monkeys.

cvxfreak

Troidal said:
So how much lower can Capcom go?

when they release the GC port version of RE2 and RE3 on the Wii, that'll be the day where I'll strangle baby kittens and monkeys.

Next up: Outbreak File 1

Vinnk: RE2 and RE3 on GC were actually ported from the PSone :(

The Wii versions will finally be ported from the PC/Dreamcast :lol

Lightning

Banned
I still believe that these RE ports to the Wii is just a prelude to the RE5 Wii announcement. Either way, great stuff this week in Famitsu.

duckroll

Wow, Level 5 must have been planning these games for a long time now. Here's a timeline of their trademarks registered in Japan.

July 2006: Professor Layton, Touch Mystery, Inazuma Eleven, Professor Layton and the Curious Village

Jan 2007: Ushiro, Professor Layton and the Devil's Box

Oct 2007: Danbooru Senki (Cardboard War Chronicles), Professor Layton and the Final Time Travel

July 2008: Atamania, Ninokuni, Danbooru Senki (Cardboard War Machine)

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
i'm glad level 5 aren't abandoning the PSP. I hope more third parties follow their lead.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Ike said:
My god the artwork for Ninokuni looks fucking gorgeous.
Seriously, looks amazing. 7th Dragon and L5's PSP games look weird, I want to see more though!

duckroll

So, 7th Dragon is exactly what it looks like it is. Think DQ1 x7 with a 4 player party and DQ3's character creation system. You create characters and form a guild like in EO. Each party can have up to 4 characters, 7 classes to pick from. The conquest map at the bottom screen shows you the entire world, and which parts of the world are covered by the Furowaro flowers, and also the location of the 7 dragons. You objective in the game is to slay all 7 dragons. The graphics look like Mega Drive 2D graphics, and you can see your entire party like in DQ.

EO clone my ass. Haters am pwned.

Top Bottom