• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Blaze (iOS/Android) |OT| Looks Like Vanillaware, Tastes Like F2P

Whizkid7

Anyone still alive in here?

Transcended Dracos are finally coming at the end of this month. Start grinding now.

I'm not sure which buster/soul I should get as my freebie. I've got Sasha, Pluto, Ouranos, Omega and Shiva right now...Is it even worth getting another? Should I just go for the SSS+essences? The only one ULT'd is Pluto, Sasha's close and after her I was debating between Omega and Ouranos.

Pejo

Wow, here's a thread you don't see on the front page often anymore.

I'm still plugging away, think I'm going to get Epsilon as my free buster, since I like the character art for Transcended Blackaria.

I don't really play this game competitively anymore, not that I really ever did, but I still enjoy collecting the characters, and the dailies are pretty inoffensive from a time management perspective.

Limit

I'm not sure which buster/soul I should get as my freebie. I've got Sasha, Pluto, Ouranos, Omega and Shiva right now...Is it even worth getting another? Should I just go for the SSS+essences? The only one ULT'd is Pluto, Sasha's close and after her I was debating between Omega and Ouranos.

Trans Blackaria will be meta for a long time. I would suggest Epsilon for that reason. Go for essences plus SSS if you want to enhance your other allies asap. I would also highly recommend getting helios key. Another ally that as a buffer will stay relevant for a long time. She almost doubled my scores in everything pve.

Salamande

Already got Epsilon ulted, working on Ouranos now to get ready for T. Bloodwind. But I'm not looking forward to the transcended essence grind. Definitely going for the free essences.

Salamande

I'd probably just work on Ouranos at this point.

Whizkid7

Trans Blackaria will be meta for a long time. I would suggest Epsilon for that reason. Go for essences plus SSS if you want to enhance your other allies asap. I would also highly recommend getting helios key. Another ally that as a buffer will stay relevant for a long time. She almost doubled my scores in everything pve.

Hm, Epsilon would mean Shiva would just be lying around and I don't really have the resources to max a buster/soul from +0. Same reasoning with Helios; I'm not even sure I have the characters for that.

I'd probably just work on Ouranos at this point.

I was leaning this way as well; Bloodwind was my first Deify and I also hear he becomes amazing when transcended so I'd love to get him back in action.

Limit

Of course the one Trans that is getting hailed as the best one to get out of first wave is the one that is furthest away from my grasp. I have neither the pluto key nor DDC ally. I am planning on getting both of these as part of login plus pre-register event but trans DC is still gonna be far away for me. I'm just putting all my eggs in basket that is Trans GS and see how the meta plays out.

Salamande

I can't even beat the first floor of Nightmare anymore. Kind of ridiculous.

I can scarcely imagine what it's going to be like with Transcended in the mix.

Takuan

I got Gigantes Helios over the weekend and it's insane how much of an improvement she made to my WB scores. I don't think I've ever hit 10B on Golem before; yesterday, I broke 60B with a measly +3.

I finally upgraded my caster equipment to 105 (previously on 96). Working on getting my MC and Pally friends up to speed. Having to get two sets of STR gear is annoying, but I'll just auto-raid at work.

I can't even beat the first floor of Nightmare anymore. Kind of ridiculous.

I can scarcely imagine what it's going to be like with Transcended in the mix.

I tried that for the first time last week and got stomped on the first floor. Never again.

No idea what I'll do with Transcended, I'm so behind and have my hands full getting Helios to Ult.

Do you have to clear all floors of Nightmare to get rewards ? I can usually get 2 or 3 cleared in buster league but I don't get any chests from that.

Ventara

Do you have to clear all floors of Nightmare to get rewards ? I can usually get 2 or 3 cleared in buster league but I don't get any chests from that.

You need to stop before you lose. So, like, if you clear floor 3 and stop, you'll get the rewards from floor 1-3, but if you continue to floor 4 and lose, you get nothing.

Ahh so that's why I stopped getting them :)

I've got dilemma do I make "only" t.BA and t.DC and keep maxing them while waiting for Llywellyn or do i ult my max Gaia and make t.BS just to have dps transcented which will be completly pointless later.

Ventara

Ahh so that's why I stopped getting them :)

I've got dilemma do I make "only" t.BA and t.DC and keep maxing them while waiting for Llywellyn or do i ult my max Gaia and make t.BS just to have dps transcented which will be completly pointless later.

I say stick with TBA and TDC. TBS isn't all she's cracked up to be.

tamminen

Damn somehow I missed the fact were getting a free buster/dark soul. I started building deities for Tiehr already and shes pretty much the last key I think I need. Guess Ill just take the 10SSS though the keys are worth a lot more.

Is there any ETA when more t. units are coming? Im planning on getting the later ones.

Ventara

Damn somehow I missed the fact were getting a free buster/dark soul. I started building deities for Tiehr already and shes pretty much the last key I think I need. Guess Ill just take the 10SSS though the keys are worth a lot more.

Is there any ETA when more t. units are coming? Im planning on getting the later ones.

Following the Korean timeline, T Ravengale, the first T angel, should come in a month, and T Llywellyn, the last T angel, in 3 months. Things might be sped up a little for global, though.

I'm not expert any longer since I've fallen out of loop a bit but looking at tier lists BA stays relevant longest , with DC being second longest (although it looks like he got huge downgrade after t.Gram this week in Korea), then BW in the middle and BS/GS are short term investment.

Technically with 5 sss, i can craft ouranos, whereas to do sigma i'd need 20sss....
My plan is
Spend 5 sss, craft ouranos
Spend 0, use redemption and get epsilon

At that point i have:
Ouranos, epsilon and the warrior db, and can decide..
My guess is
Ouranos ult--> tdbw --> warrior ult --> tddc -->epsilon ult tdba
I have around 37 spare sss, so i should manage to cover halfway of my plan without any major shortage of sss, though i fear the bottleneck will be the transcend essences..

Salamande

It took me a while to realize that TBA doesn't get affected by Shariet's bleed debuff (well, she does, but it lasts for 1 second like other debuffs). Seems pretty indispensable for that WB now. She basically will never die, even at +0.

Technically with 5 sss, i can craft ouranos, whereas to do sigma i'd need 20sss....
My plan is
Spend 5 sss, craft ouranos
Spend 0, use redemption and get epsilon

At that point i have:
Ouranos, epsilon and the warrior db, and can decide..
My guess is
Ouranos ult--> tdbw --> warrior ult --> tddc -->epsilon ult tdba
I have around 37 spare sss, so i should manage to cover halfway of my plan without any major shortage of sss, though i fear the bottleneck will be the transcend essences..

It's 550 essences just to ult buster from 0 - and there's 4-5 weeks before we get Angels - so I think it's better to only make dracos where you have already ult buster or at least max buster.

It took me a while to realize that TBA doesn't get affected by Shariet's bleed debuff (well, she does, but it lasts for 1 second like other debuffs). Seems pretty indispensable for that WB now. She basically will never die, even at +0.

And her healing is insane - she carried me through whole 10 minutes of Shariet with Varmans doing damage.
I ended going from <10b to 42 with Aria and Deathcrown through I'm not sure how much he contributed.

Pejo

How do you get the new essences besides buying them? I got a few ULT busters, but 2400 rubies is pretty steep for the essences. I assume you can grind them somewhere? I'm probably way behind in story at this point.

It's 550 essences just to ult buster from 0 - and there's 4-5 weeks before we get Angels - so I think it's better to only make dracos where you have already ult buster or at least max buster.

And her healing is insane - she carried me through whole 10 minutes of Shariet with Varmans doing damage.
I ended going from <10b to 42 with Aria and Deathcrown through I'm not sure how much he contributed.
Then skip all, because my buster arte all +0, i have Rogue and incanter dark souls to ult :x
I just dipped my to e in the busters fad, enough to get pluto, omega and iota :p

Limit

How do you get the new essences besides buying them? I got a few ULT busters, but 2400 rubies is pretty steep for the essences. I assume you can grind them somewhere? I'm probably way behind in story at this point.

You can combine them from 1 of each of three types of essences. Combine essences feature is located in workshop.

Oh wow, I didn't know this game was still happening. Started over and have literally no idea what to do or how to progress. I'm done with Chapter 3, but 4 is wrecking me. Here's where I'm at.

lvl. 99 Paladin w/ Helper set.
Bloodwind +6
Epsilon (which I can't use)
SSS : Lucienne, Deathcrown, Shabelle, Eirden, Byron, Vipergold, Gar, Dorason, Kersit, Calgar, Patta x2, Percy, Azur, Caberra

What do I do and where do I farm? Have about 500 shoes and 300 tickets sitting there.

Whizkid7

With all the free essences they're throwing at us I should have an ULT Ouranos soon and then comes choosing between Bloodwind and Deathcrown to transcend first...

Who am I kidding, Bloodwind.

Then skip all, because my buster arte all +0, i have Rogue and incanter dark souls to ult :x
I just dipped my to e in the busters fad, enough to get pluto, omega and iota :p

To be honest I'm not sure what I'd do in such case - probably I'd prepare Thanatos to make t.LLyw and t.Windlune and concentrate on reaching full ult key team.

Pejo

Oh wow, I didn't know this game was still happening. Started over and have literally no idea what to do or how to progress. I'm done with Chapter 3, but 4 is wrecking me. Here's where I'm at.

lvl. 99 Paladin w/ Helper set.
Bloodwind +6
Epsilon (which I can't use)
SSS : Lucienne, Deathcrown, Shabelle, Eirden, Byron, Vipergold, Gar, Dorason, Kersit, Calgar, Patta x2, Percy, Azur, Caberra

What do I do and where do I farm? Have about 500 shoes and 300 tickets sitting there.

Man that's tough, I wouldn't know where to start if I were just starting today. Probably want to work on ULT'ing a dragon buster/dark soul, for most bang for your buck at the moment. Probably a Paladin one so you can be useful in Guild Events and Raids, if you don't plan on making any more player characters.

In the meantime, you probably want to find max level friends with ULT busters to try to solo through the story quest to get a transcended player character so you can go past level 99. Make it a weekend or evening when you try so you get the bonus friend unit summon time, you'll likely need it. As far as Shoes go, I wouldn't waste too many until you've broken level cap, but you could start farming the hardest raid you can beat to start getting a base-line of equipment for your units. Just enough to make it past the transcended character quest, because there's better stuff to farm once you break level cap.

I'm not really playing the game for competitive results though, so I'm not generally the best person to ask. I just collect the characters and move on. This will at least get you rolling though. You'll need a bunch of SSS units no matter how you proceed, so that's a good goal too.

Man that's tough, I wouldn't know where to start if I were just starting today. Probably want to work on ULT'ing a dragon buster/dark soul, for most bang for your buck at the moment. Probably a Paladin one so you can be useful in Guild Events and Raids, if you don't plan on making any more player characters.

In the meantime, you probably want to find max level friends with ULT busters to try to solo through the story quest to get a transcended player character so you can go past level 99. Make it a weekend or evening when you try so you get the bonus friend unit summon time, you'll likely need it. As far as Shoes go, I wouldn't waste too many until you've broken level cap, but you could start farming the hardest raid you can beat to start getting a base-line of equipment for your units. Just enough to make it past the transcended character quest, because there's better stuff to farm once you break level cap.

I'm not really playing the game for competitive results though, so I'm not generally the best person to ask. I just collect the characters and move on. This will at least get you rolling though. You'll need a bunch of SSS units no matter how you proceed, so that's a good goal too.

That helps, thanks.

Anyone got a free spot??

And where's the best place to get ally fodder For enhancing? Guessing ult-ing is going to take a lottttt

Ken

Is there a good current newbie guide around somewhere? Feel like trying this again though I didn't get very far when I played at launch.

whew getting attacked by these 99.99 bundle ads

Pejo

That helps, thanks.

Anyone got a free spot??

And where's the best place to get ally fodder For enhancing? Guessing ult-ing is going to take a lottttt

Took me a minute to figure out how you add friends in this game, I haven't done it in so long. Try to search by character name and add Vexid, I cleared some spots. Also tell me your character name so I know who to accept.

Also, just grinding boss stages (the red stages, the only ones you ever want to grind) generally will net you some C,B, and rarely A units, I don't know which ones are best anymore though. Also, make sure you do Belphagor every week, you get a handful of units from that, as well as the daily/weekly quests. Once you get decently powered up, Tower of Validation has some great one-time rewards.

Is there a good current newbie guide around somewhere? Feel like trying this again though I didn't get very far when I played at launch.

whew getting attacked by these 99.99 bundle ads

Not really a guide, but the Wiki is a great source of info for planning out your unit upgrades. You don't really "play" this game, you just build units and let them auto, so most of the game is actually just planning and grinding.

http://dbaddiction.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon_Blaze_Wikia

Took me a minute to figure out how you add friends in this game, I haven't done it in so long. Try to search by character name and add Vexid, I cleared some spots. Also tell me your character name so I know who to accept.

Also, just grinding boss stages (the red stages, the only ones you ever want to grind) generally will net you some C,B, and rarely A units, I don't know which ones are best anymore though. Also, make sure you do Belphagor every week, you get a handful of units from that, as well as the daily/weekly quests. Once you get decently powered up, Tower of Validation has some great one-time rewards.

Sent. Should be BossGAF or something like that.

I'll do Belphagor, don't recall getting units when I did it last time.

Whizkid7

If you run Belphegor at least 3 times you get an SS ally. Each round you clear also nets you an SS ally and I think you get S allies from your point totals as well.

Pejo

Accepted. There might be a minimum threshold of a wave you need to clear to get the ally rewards, but I usually get 5-6 a week just from that, ranging from B to SS, and I typically only run it once or twice. You only get the rewards for it once a week though, maybe that's why you didn't get anything.

Salamande

Ha, they weren't kidding when they said they'd buff World Bosses. Got about a third of my score from last time (and that's with new Transcended).

But my percentage is about the same, so at least it's not just me!

Whizkid7

Ha, they weren't kidding when they said they'd buff World Bosses. Got about a third of my score from last time (and that's with new Transcended).

But my percentage is about the same, so at least it's not just me!

I thought that was just me when I got terrible scores today. Ah well, something to push towards.

Side note, I didn't realize just how many zeroes that was for a Transcended ally...Gonna be gold farming for a while...

So I was able to farm the entire Freed Ragnarok set and it seems worse than the Helper Set. Is it because I need to fully enhance? Higher atk speed, but lower atk, hp, etc.

Pejo

So I was able to farm the entire Freed Ragnarok set and it seems worse than the Helper Set. Is it because I need to fully enhance? Higher atk speed, but lower atk, hp, etc.

I think the Helper set is automatically kitted out to be pretty damn good until you get into the level 100+ content on the new location. That's how the old Helper set was at least. The advantage of the U gear is the set bonuses and skill enhancement (namely reduction of cooldown time). If you have a Drunken Falcon, I'd give him any cooldown related paladin stuff you have so he can pump out those invincible shields quickly. That helped my survivability a lot.

Inbachi

Neo Member
I'd say the best way to farm gold is just during your normal essence farming with gold accessories equipped, if you have any.

Other than that, yes, RoB is probably your best bet. Just put it on auto from stage 1 and go to sleep, go to work, whatever. Depending on how far you get, it takes so long to complete that your tickets will replenish quick enough to keep auto going for a long time.

I'd say the best way to farm gold is just during your normal essence farming with gold accessories equipped, if you have any.

Other than that, yes, RoB is probably your best bet. Just put it on auto from stage 1 and go to sleep, go to work, whatever. Depending on how far you get, it takes so long to complete that your tickets will replenish quick enough to keep auto going for a long time.
Tickets are not a problem.. Have 5k and sonething :p
I also have an healthy stash of sss, but not enough gold to ult my db/ds...
Also atm, what's the most common way to get ss? I have a still 40 in the stash and 70ish in the mailbox, but as i stopped playing a bit before lab removal, i'm a bit unclear whether there are new source of as fodder or i should just farm s and turn them into ss..

Inbachi

Neo Member
How many shoes do you have? If you have tons of those or can buy them with rubies, you'll get a lot more gold along with essences, gems, etc., by farming the later stages vs just running RoB.

You can get a healthy supply of SS from doing Guild Adventure and RoB every week, depending on how high you rank. You can get 3 from GA and, I believe, 6 or 7 from RoB. You used to also get one from completing your weeklies but now that's a SSS. :) Depending on RNG, you can get a number of SS from the new piggy stage too. There's a lot of ways to get SS now; I haven't had to combine S units for SS in a long time.

Inbachi

Neo Member
Hmm I'm not sure of any guides off the top of my head. Things like the tier lists (for both global and Korea) aren't updated anymore. Your best bet is probably checking out the reddit page as there's lots of unit discussion there still.

For WB though, you basically want Transcended Bloodwind at this point. Without him you're probably not going to break 1% anymore.

Hmm I'm not sure of any guides off the top of my head. Things like the tier lists (for both global and Korea) aren't updated anymore. Your best bet is probably checking out the reddit page as there's lots of unit discussion there still.

For WB though, you basically want Transcended Bloodwind at this point. Without him you're probably not going to break 1% anymore.
I'm missing just money at this point and some light essences (around 100 or so) to start and finish ulting ouranos..
and then I can at the very least craft tbw.. as for upgrading, trascended essence are really an issue :L

best place to farm light essences? I used to farm them back in the day in spider ruins iirc...

More questions :

• Any open guilds?
  • Which the 'idea' for saving vs fodder'ing SSS? I have a ton of lower rarity stuff, but not sure which SSS are safe to use for limit breaking.
  • Who should I take w/ my Boden? Is there any reason I wouldn't take Drunken Falcon guy? The guide I'm looking over said to take the Arrow Trigger, but I have no idea why. fwiw, I'm a Paladin as well.

Top Bottom