• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Blaze (iOS/Android) |OT| Looks Like Vanillaware, Tastes Like F2P

RedZone

Neo Member
At least base Askr is still very useful, if not as survivable as a leveled one.

I dropped all my resources into Morgana, since her skills really demand that she be MAXed to be useful. And while she's awesome in PVP modes, my WB scores will certainly be suffering for a bit until the Titans. Askr is definitely the new meta, he's needed to even begin to be competitive in WB or Nebula now.

my score doubled from 5b to 10b in golem with askr and i still missed top 5% haha

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I had the best luck I've had in this game on something pretty inconsequential - 2 A summons in a row from friend point pulls.

Limit

I don't get paladin. For hydra WB this week I saw all the top scorers rocking a paladin so I decided to level mine up to 99 and try out the 0 0 11; 12 12 12 x build. Took more than a thousand shoes and the whole day leveling paladin and ended up with 4 billion less points than my run with mag priest. I have never been a paladin player so I can't help but feel I am missing something with him.

With my mag priest build I ran: priest at 1% (max shiva), a. tiel (max askr), max iota, omega, and sasha. A. belle as helper.

With my pala build I ran: pala (askr), iota, omega, sasha, shiva; a. belle as helper.

I don't know what I am doing wrong.

Edit: For GA I slipped down to 5th position; again because everyone else was running paladin with their pala gear being less optimum than the pala gear I had used for hydra and somehow my mag priest wasn't able to keep up. Difference between top pala scorer and myself was more than a 100 million. Just last week I was a million spot away from top rank. So I don't get what I am doing wrong with my pala.

KimChi

I don't get paladin. For hydra WB this week I saw all the top scorers rocking a paladin so I decided to level mine up to 99 and try out the 0 0 11; 12 12 12 x build. Took more than a thousand shoes and the whole day leveling paladin and ended up with 4 billion less points than my run with mag priest. I have never been a paladin player so I can't help but feel I am missing something with him.

With my mag priest build I ran: priest at 1% (max shiva), a. tiel (max askr), max iota, omega, and sasha. A. belle as helper.

With my pala build I ran: pala (askr), iota, omega, sasha, shiva; a. belle as helper.

Edit: For GA I slipped down to 5th position; again because everyone else was running paladin with their pala gear being less optimum than the pala gear I had used for hydra and somehow my mag priest wasn't able to keep up. Difference between top pala scorer and myself was more than a 100 million. Just last week I was a million spot away from top rank. So I don't get what I am doing wrong with my pala.
The pally build is fine, the main difference is the active skill your pally shows when you start any battle. You want it to be showing the skill with a blue color and a shield iirc. Reason being that its a passive buff to the party that is always active as long as pally is in omega/askr.

The hydra WB party with pally is wrong though. You want it to be pally(askr), iota, sasha, tiel, belle snow, helper omega(falcon). You really don't need Shiva in WB at all for golem and hydra at this point. And also the weapon effects you want is CDR and Dot for everyone to contribute extra damage. Another thing to note is its worth swapping pally to have omega and give falcon askr instead, I've seen a small increase to my score when i tried it so give that a shot as well.

To be honest I've got no idea too how it works - I have Paladin with 5/11/10 which I'm not resetting at the moment (since i score in 5% anyway) waiting till ch4 and awaken MCs - so in there Warrior/Mage passives should be giving similar boosts and double stacked Magnify boost should be light years ahead - but no Paladin outperforms them all.

I even tried running Priest+Falcon(Omega)+Tiel(Askr) and it was not enough.

Om3ga

Run Pally (Askr) - Tiel(no key), Belle (no key), Whay (sasha), Yvante (Iota) + Falcon (omega) helper.

Try different compositions in nebula and see how frequently you turn out being first or keep the scores close. I usually screen shot the teams going into nebula and if there is a huge difference in score i look up that person and check out their teams.

Since you're using Askr you can use more chars with CDR + Dot in both Hydra, Golem + GA. Check out Zeyben one of the top players on EU server.

https://youtu.be/xV6qyrNuSMs?t=144

Edit

Didn't read the post below yours fully, but suggested the same team and weapon effects lol.

Salamande

Chapter 4 is here.

As expected, the power level has gone up like crazy. Glad I was able to Ult Sasha pretty quickly, but it looks like I'll need to do the same for Morgana to keep up. Going to be expensive.

sigh i just restarted "verily" 2 days ago..
I was a poor level 90..
It's gonna be rough..
I have to yet hit 100, then I can start properly doing chapter 4..
question: worth running endgame chapter 3 raids or rush chapter 4 and gear the raid in chapter 4???
choices choices :X

tamminen

sigh i just restarted "verily" 2 days ago..
I was a poor level 90..
It's gonna be rough..
I have to yet hit 100, then I can start properly doing chapter 4..
question: worth running endgame chapter 3 raids or rush chapter 4 and gear the raid in chapter 4???
choices choices :X

Theres no ch4 raids yet and Im not sure you can rush through the content without ch3 raid gear.

Pejo

I'm confused, I'm level 99 and beat the chapter 3 stuff, where do I go to continue the story? do I need to level up to 100 first, or awaken or something? I saw the cutscene with Patta and the princess, but it didn't show me where to go afterwards.

Ventara

I'm confused, I'm level 99 and beat the chapter 3 stuff, where do I go to continue the story? do I need to level up to 100 first, or awaken or something? I saw the cutscene with Patta and the princess, but it didn't show me where to go afterwards.

There should be an airship in the chapter 3 map beside Nebula. If you don't see it, your game probably didn't update properly. Try restarting if that's the case.

Pejo

There should be an airship in the chapter 3 map beside Nebula. If you don't see it, your game probably didn't update properly. Try restarting if that's the case.

That did the trick, thanks!

Man I'm kinda bummed about the way Ascended Rogue looks. I liked the mad hatter halloween costume I just bought a few months ago.

Whizkid7

Goodness that last fight in the first zone of Chapter 4 is quite the slog, but it's nice that it seem to auto-level you to 100. Really love the skill updates too; warrior feels much improved compared to previously.

Limit

Glad I don't have to make a decision between farming regular vs. destruction dungeon any more. Regular dungeons dropping ss jewels was long overdue anyways.

Takuan

Glad I don't have to make a decision between farming regular vs. destruction dungeon any more. Regular dungeons dropping ss jewels was long overdue anyways.

On the flipside, I can no longer grind HE overnight without my inventory getting full. I've got all of the pets, too. Gonna have to move a bunch of shit to storage and hope for the best.

On the flipside, I can no longer grind HE overnight without my inventory getting full. I've got all of the pets, too. Gonna have to move a bunch of shit to storage and hope for the best.

Hmm that shouldn't be happening - you need 20 places for gems (C,B,A,S and SS grade x4), and 16 for cards (A,S,SS and SSS grade) plus 2 for essence and then just some bufor for U grade cards and SSS items farmed so 3-4 pages of inventory open should be fine.

Takuan

Hmm that shouldn't be happening - you need 20 places for gems (C,B,A,S and SS grade x4), and 16 for cards (A,S,SS and SSS grade) plus 2 for essence and then just some bufor for U grade cards and SSS items farmed so 3-4 pages of inventory open should be fine.

Yeah, after I cleared up space it went fine. But I went through 400 shoes last night and not a single essence dropped - WTF.

Limit

Yeah, after I cleared up space it went fine. But I went through 400 shoes last night and not a single essence dropped - WTF.

Strange indeed. Essence drop rate has been more or less same for me. Farming Underground 7 in Ch4.

On a separate note I'm stuck in wave 10, round 6 of RoB. Anyone here past it? I haven't seen any guides on it on reddit. Wondering if there is a trick to it or are people passing it just brute forcing it.

tamminen

Strange indeed. Essence drop rate has been more or less same for me. Farming Underground 7 in Ch4.

On a separate note I'm stuck in wave 10, round 6 of RoB. Anyone here past it? I haven't seen any guides on it on reddit. Wondering if there is a trick to it or are people passing it just brute forcing it.

Last night they were like 2 people on EU who cleared round 6 so such a guide might not even exist.

Limit

There are 7 - 8 people here in Americas server with round 6 clear, but more will be clearing it as we get closer to reset. Only pattern I see with the cleared players is that they are rocking 5+ ult keys. So I feel safe in assuming brute forcing is the only way atm. Has to be considering in wave 10 you are facing level 168 enemies who evaporate you in seconds and I have neither ult omega nor U gems on my allies to survive the murder spree.

tamminen

Finally got Askr. I guess Ill go for ult Sasha now and think about next key later.

Does cdr+dot require some spesific setup to work? I dont wanna burn tons of gold n scroll just to try it out. Ive Askr Sasha and Omega with Belle and Tiel on my team at the moment.

Limit

Finally got Askr. I guess Ill go for ult Sasha now and think about next key later.

Does cdr+dot require some spesific setup to work? I dont wanna burn tons of gold n scroll just to try it out. Ive Askr Sasha and Omega with Belle and Tiel on my team at the moment.

DOT is useful when battles last long enough. WB, basically. Otherwise go with CDR and/or def down. I have read that as we go higher up in levels and get even better gear our def. penetration will be so high that def down will be useless. That's where kr is at right now. So that's why DOT is recommended everywhere for kr. We aren't there yet.

Limit

I have been doing unexpectedly well in creating ult keys. Currently working on 7th one. All the freebies this month plus the full buffs helped a great deal in hastening this process.

Nice I'm at 3,5 currently and to be honest I'm getting a bit bored with this game - it became huge gring fest where i'm leaving it playing for 10+ hours each day to farm as many essences as possible.

Limit

I tried branching out to other games this year. Notably granblue fantasy, dragon ball, and that naruto game. Nothing stuck. Actively farming is not something I can manage with work and school. So using all the pets for passive farming is the biggest reason for me sticking with this game. Being in an active guild also helps.

Pejo

Anybody have any advice for beating the awakening quest? I can't even get past the first level. I have a full team of busters/dark souls, at +3 or higher, character level 99, and the rest of my units are 100+. I'm just getting murdered by these stupid normal enemies, or else it takes forever and a year to kill one. I haven't raided since Deus Deathcrown though, so I'm guessing that's where most of my problems are.

You need lvl 90+ equip - it has much higher stats than lvl 80 U gear. Preferably lvl 99 U gear. And with Nebula raid you can add another 60% boost to equip stats.

They added busters to bots in raids in ch3 now so getting equip is super easy now.

Limit

Tethys didn't turn out to be a morgana killer in GB, as several had hypothesized. Most of the times morgana gets her crystal in before she can do anything. Arena is a slightly different story. I'm guessing omega's shield gives enough time for Tethys to trigger her reflect skill there.

On farming front I'm finally done ulting all my keys. Time to start prepping for Helios. And then move on the long road to farming essences for Trans.

Pejo

After what feels like forever, I almost have Sasha. Just need to grind out some gold and essences to make the key. Also got Sigma to Max. Still a long way to go to ULT sadly.

I'm really hoping Sasha has a positive effect on my scores across the board.

Salamande

After what feels like forever, I almost have Sasha. Just need to grind out some gold and essences to make the key. Also got Sigma to Max. Still a long way to go to ULT sadly.

I'm really hoping Sasha has a positive effect on my scores across the board.

She will. Even when taking into account the RNG, she's arguably the strongest overall key aside from maybe ULT Tiehr.

But you will need to ULT her ASAP.

Hi DB-GAF, I've been playing this game for slightly over 4 months now (September 2016) and have read this thread from beginning until the end, watching as the active community on GAF slowly dwindled away to zilch.

I missed out on the Free Key Beginner mission by a month and a half but by then had made 2 Keys (Stigma and Askr) so I was very hesitant to restart my account.

I first made Stigma and then Askr, maxing both keys followed by Sasha which I ulted to great effect on my overall scores and experience in the game.

For my fourth key, I was torn between making Giant Atlas (only need to make Atlas herself (10 SSS) since Greysoul and Mikaela are comps of Stigma) or making Thier (20 SSS, I had made Lucienne earlier on for her WB prowess) next, but my Guild Master convinced me that ULT Thier was the better option overall because Global got the reworked Their ULT passive earlier than the Koreans did and thus Thier would supersede even the upcoming Prometheus (of the Titans/Gigantes) in all World Bosses. And thus did I make a Their from scratch; Lucienne and Fulson are useful components to have, but Loki is apparently useless.

Now I'm trying to max her and then ult her, which will hopefully happen by the third week of this month (have her at +2 now and she's already beasting).

I'm still struggling to get to 10% for WB (currently at around 12-15% on average) since I do not have Omega or Iota at the moment but I guess I have no time to make them from scratch since after ULTing Their, I will have to gear up for Helios, which will replace Omega apparently in the meta (according to dbreddit) once she's released.

I get 15% for Revenge of Belphegor, 10% for Hero Arena but can't get under 10% for Buster Arena since I'm lacking Morgana/Ragna/Giant Atlas.

Nice to meet y'all.

Hey - a lot of us still are playing but there's not that much to talk about anymore :)

If You are not having full team of keys then Mag Priest, Awakened Bell and Tiel can plug a lot of holes in lineup since they can support your dps ults.

Hey - a lot of us still are playing but there's not that much to talk about anymore :)

If You are not having full team of keys then Mag Priest, Awakened Bell and Tiel can plug a lot of holes in lineup since they can support your dps ults.

Thanks for the advice!

Yeah, I've been using A.Belle Snow and A.Tiel in my WB composition, but I've currently got Askr set to my Pally with the 3rd active offensive aura maxed coz I haven't awakened my Priest yet. I'm still waiting for the Chapter 3 merge to do so since I figure it'd be cheaper lol.

My current WB composition is:-

Front:- Askr+MAX (Awakened Pally)
Middle:- Sasha+ULT (Whay), A.Belle Snow, Stigma+MAX [since Their is not maxed yet] (Lucienne)
Rear:- A.Yvante

Helpers:- A.Tiel and A. Falcon

I have 4 other classes left (Warrior, Archer, Mage and the priest) left at level 80 awaiting the chapter 3 merge to max out the rubies obtained from clearing the raids in that chapter lol.

I'd awaken my priest now if I were you. She's pretty useful now, especially hero arena and shariet.

Edit: My bad, fixed.

Okay, but I'm just worried she'll be extra squishy since she will be keyless...

EDIT:- Annddd done.... took 1200+ shoes, hope it'll be worth it for this upoming Gulld Adventure

soooo
i have approximately 50 spare sss between post and "collection"..
should i aim for trascended? or?
my current focus is first to get back in shape for boss then pvp..
in pvp i can cherry pick so it's potentially easier..

i have ALL the trascended heroes (either ult or in the queue)...
boden: ult storm bear, ult judge howl, ult tracy, ult margr, ult drunken
angel: ult raven, ult gaela, ult kymael
draco: ultddc, ult, bw, ult ba, ult bs (missing oly greysoul)
dragon buster: pluto +0, iota+3, omega+0
dark souls: tiher+max, sasha+max+1

My understanding is that greysoul and ddc will do wonder in pvp, where bw trascended will do wonder in pve... but... the issue is that i would need to invest into making the other archers (okaysh) and ult'ing ouranos (which is a terribad buster)..
So I'm left wondering if i should actually go for him or not...

advice, gaf?

Ventara

soooo
i have approximately 50 spare sss between post and "collection"..
should i aim for trascended? or?
my current focus is first to get back in shape for boss then pvp..
in pvp i can cherry pick so it's potentially easier..

i have ALL the trascended heroes (either ult or in the queue)...
boden: ult storm bear, ult judge howl, ult tracy, ult margr, ult drunken
angel: ult raven, ult gaela, ult kymael
draco: ultddc, ult, bw, ult ba, ult bs (missing oly greysoul)
dragon buster: pluto +0, iota+3, omega+0
dark souls: tiher+max, sasha+max+1

My understanding is that greysoul and ddc will do wonder in pvp, where bw trascended will do wonder in pve... but... the issue is that i would need to invest into making the other archers (okaysh) and ult'ing ouranos (which is a terribad buster)..
So I'm left wondering if i should actually go for him or not...

advice, gaf?

I think you mean Awakened heroes. T. Bloodwind is necessary if you want to do well in WB, and Ouranos does pretty well in Raids and is actually better than most keys, so not sure why he's terribad.

However, you seem to need to work on a quite a few things, so maybe it would be best to skip T. BW and just hold out for T. Llywelyn. Meanwhile, work on ulting Sasha, Omega and Iota, and make an Ult Askr and Helios. With the free key select, choose Epsilon and make T. Blackaria. We get a second free key select with the release of T. Lly, so if you want her Max day one, save up enough for her and Ult Thanatos after you're done with T. BA.

I think you mean Awakened heroes. T. Bloodwind is necessary if you want to do well in WB, and Ouranos does pretty well in Raids and is actually better than most keys, so not sure why he's terribad.

However, you seem to need to work on a quite a few things, so maybe it would be best to skip T. BW and just hold out for T. Llywelyn. Meanwhile, work on ulting Sasha, Omega and Iota, and make an Ult Askr and Helios. With the free key select, choose Epsilon and make T. Blackaria. We get a second free key select with the release of T. Lly, so if you want her Max day one, save up enough for her and Ult Thanatos after you're done with T. BA.
why should i have a free key select already? :p or two?

We'll get one with the release of the transcended, and as I mentioned if you read what I wrote, the second one with the release of T. Llywelyn.

I red it, but there was no mention of the first one, that's why I sought some clarification..
god forbids I missed a free key :X

Limit

Anyone still alive in here?

Transcended Dracos are finally coming at the end of this month. Start grinding now.

Exciting times. Still sticking with this game. Usually any questions I have I'm directing them to discord now, vs. bringing them to a thread. Much easier to have questions answered in that format. That's my reason for not posting much in here.

i'm alive, but not pushing a lot :p
i've finished ult-ing sasha..
i'm now working on tyr....
I'll most likely get T bloodwind (via ouranos freebie), and after that we'll see how things get..
I'll work on my score for a bit..
what's the meta team for each weekly raid if we exclude the giants?

Top Bottom