• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Blaze (iOS/Android) |OT| Looks Like Vanillaware, Tastes Like F2P

Pejo

The game has changed a lot, hard to bite it all at once. Why theres priests with accuracy and 0 points in healing spell??

Haven't touched my priest in a long long time, but I think the meta for them is still to max out the group buff skill, then stack attack speed so the auto-attack heals do the majority of the job. Giving points to the actual heal and the status cure just detracts from the time spent buffing and auto-attacking.

Again, I'm no expert though, it could have shifted since that.

Salamande

Haven't touched my priest in a long long time, but I think the meta for them is still to max out the group buff skill, then stack attack speed so the auto-attack heals do the majority of the job. Giving points to the actual heal and the status cure just detracts from the time spent buffing and auto-attacking.

Again, I'm no expert though, it could have shifted since that.

Yeah, that's pretty much it. There are a couple of different priest builds these days.

One focuses on keeping Magnify up as much as possible, and the other focuses on Guidance, which adds Immunity, removes debuffs, and adds defense. What makes it work is stacking cooldown reduction on your weapons, on top of as much attack speed as you can muster. You can pretty easily keep your buffs up permanently, and your auto-attack heals will more than make up for the lack of Charming Light.

Cooldown reduction is possibly the biggest gamechanger for everyone, aside from Busters and Dark Souls.

Beck

Next week's update seems be the long awaited Equipment Link, Formation customization (after so many delays), third accessory slot for allies, and a couple others. Still no Sasha, though.

Unfortunately for me, I've made the decision to finally quit this overly addictive game. A year and a half of playing, I've grown tired of grinding and grinding, while questioning if I was having fun.

I was able to stay in the top 5% in everything (higher in fortress), meeting some cool people in the process. It almost feels like a waste to go now, especially with 4 maxed out keys and nearly 1000 Heart essence in storage, but alas, I just can't keep it up anymore.

It has been good playing with some of you. I wish you the best of luck in the coming months as it should be exciting when Chapter 4 rolls around.

Beck

So how does itemlink work are they locked to a set of items or can i just buy 4 slots and put any items in them?

Unless they change it from the Korean version, you have one slot for the character or ally with interchangeable equipment, and four slots to place anyone with the same equipment layout in (the selection will be automatically filtered). The equipment from the character in the first slot will be replicated to the other four.

tamminen

Ive tried to stack materials for the weekend event so I can catch up a bit. Should I burn rubies and buy the ally packs or save for future events? Ive 2 Tiels so I think Ill go for the paladin key first. My team right now is four ult dracos so anything helps but those Tiels are pretty much the fastest route to get something done at least.

Ive like 4k rubies and a fodder full of S to B with like 10 SSS so I might get something. Im not sure how fast Ill run out of gold n essences though.

Ive tried to stack materials for the weekend event so I can catch up a bit. Should I burn rubies and buy the ally packs or save for future events? Ive 2 Tiels so I think Ill go for the paladin key first. My team right now is four ult dracos so anything helps but those Tiels are pretty much the fastest route to get something done at least.

Ive like 4k rubies and a fodder full of S to B with like 10 SSS so I might get something. Im not sure how fast Ill run out of gold n essences though.

we get gear link next week im saving 2000 rubies to buy extra slots.

Hmm a bit of pity gear link is coming without U class raid - anyway now I think i need to make some excel spreadsheet to plan everything for it to somehow organize that chaos :)

Don't buy ally packs unless they are running 1+1 promotion.

Limit

Thank goodness for the gear link. The worst part wasn't even having to micromanage all the equipment and farm for multiple sets for same character class. It's the fact that I deliberately had to use SS gems so that all my rogues, priests, mages etc. were getting some form of boost instead of upgrading to SSS gems and giving it only to one. Glad that's about to be over with.

I'm not a huge fan of 30$ items in F2P mobile games. I can get proper Vita/PC/PS4 game for this kind of cash.

But if i were to get one I'd wait till they introduce Titan Essence - this one will be really hard to get and we will need a lot of it.

Also the amount of shoes that need to be used to make it effective is crazy.

tamminen

Damn these keys take quite some time to get. Burned a whole lot of fodder just to get the drunk pally ult and started upgrading some others. I think any chance of catching up is pretty much an impossible task. What a shame, its a nice game to run on the side while playing some Heartstone or HotS.

Limit

Damn these keys take quite some time to get. Burned a whole lot of fodder just to get the drunk pally ult and started upgrading some others. I think any chance of catching up is pretty much an impossible task. What a shame, its a nice game to run on the side while playing some Heartstone or HotS.

Shifting to current kr login calendar would help a lot. I believe you get a free deity every month. The current login calendar that we are on now is one we got quite a bit earlier than when kr got it. So there is a chance.

after my ban in gaf till yesterday i stopped playing db for a while :p
I'm now back..
anything worth i've missed? i saw formation link...
any other stuff? dunno, new class? or titan already in live global?

Salamande

I'm not a huge fan of 30$ items in F2P mobile games. I can get proper Vita/PC/PS4 game for this kind of cash.

But if i were to get one I'd wait till they introduce Titan Essence - this one will be really hard to get and we will need a lot of it.

Also the amount of shoes that need to be used to make it effective is crazy.

The nice thing about the Essence Fairy's gifts is that they're unlimited duration in your mailbox. So you could just save up until the Titans are released, then blow them all in one whack and have a maxed unit day 1. I think that'll be my plan.

Pejo

Finally got the gold I needed to build Shiva. Wow what a huge difference she makes, not just being a woefully underequipped Blackaria as my only source of heals. I went up about 15% in every activity last week.

Then after I built some more gold up, I got my Stigma up to +4, and it makes a pretty big difference too.

I'm still going to make some of the units I really like, like Awakened Belle Snow, but ultimately my goal now is to +Max as many DB's as I can. I really underestimated how much enhancement levels really help them. I really like playing this game super casual. It's still fun in spurts, and is the perfect game to leave grinding while afk at work.

Limit

Morgana and Askr also dropping next month, which I both want. Was saving 40+SSS for them but the ally space situation became so severe that I ended up making a max Rag from scratch. Now I'm thinking about skipping these two because moving the key limit from max to ult isn't far behind and I wouldn't be able to ult even a single one on first day if I decide to make Morgana and/or Askr.

Decisions decisions.

Whizkid7

And suddenly, the Golem percentage requirements skyrocket. Almost doubled my score with Sasha.

Yeah, she's great.

Yeah, she's awesome. So glad to have been ready for a key as soon as it drops. Now that she's made I'm strictly focusing on maxing all my busters/souls.

Salamande

Jeez Liberated Rag hits like a truck. If you end up with nothing but DPS keys in the party, you're pretty much screwed.

Yeah, you have to have at least one healer. I take my Shiva along and usually don't have much trouble, but I breathe a lot easier if I see an Epsilon as well.

I've nearly tripled my score in Golem :D

But I was using Epsilon previously since I didn't have any better dps buster - still Sasha is doing 2x damage of Tyr

tamminen

What exactly does "invokes 1 dark soul for 20sec" mean? Does it randomly summon somebody or do I have to own the one she summons? I might go for Sasha after Im done getting my 1st key but if it requires an extra key I might aswell not.

Takuan

What exactly does "invokes 1 dark soul for 20sec" mean? Does it randomly summon somebody or do I have to own the one she summons? I might go for Sasha after Im done getting my 1st key but if it requires an extra key I might aswell not.

Nope, you don't have to own 'em. It's PRETTY FRIGGIN' SWEET.

I've burned through 50 millions of gold for Sasha and to make U gear :D

I hope 200 tickets for Belphegor will be enough as I left DB running this morning when I left home :)

tamminen

Ugh, burned a whole lotta stuff this weekend. Finally got Omega key and upgraded Friendly Belle. Next ones Sasha I guess. Maybe I can finally clear Myth and start the big boys raids lol.

Salamande

Just as an aside, I feel like people are sleeping on Nightmare Queen Lilith in the Hero Arena. She's basically anti-everything. I've been going on some huge streaks with her lately.

• Got Kymael shields? Fuck you, take a bunch of damage.
  • Got nice buffs? I'll take 'em, dispell all your buffs, and you take a bunch of damage.
  • Kill her? Somebody's going down with her.
  • Want to silence her? She's immune - fuck Shabelle.
  • Got a sheep mage? All our debuff resistances are higher, so good luck.
I love her. Not sure why I don't see more of her, but I'm not complaining.

RedZone

Neo Member
i have too many sss and not enough essence haha, been running shoes like mad to try and get enough for ult keys since they will be here within a month now

Limit

i have too many sss and not enough essence haha, been running shoes like mad to try and get enough for ult keys since they will be here within a month now

Opposite problem on my end. Not that I have thousands of essences. But more essences than SSS that I can use. And given that I am going for both morgana and askr I am going to be severely behind on ult front. I don't even desire morgana atm but am doing it solely to keep up with GB demands.

RedZone

Neo Member
Opposite problem on my end. Not that I have thousands of essences. But more essences than SSS that I can use. And given that I am going for both morgana and askr I am going to be severely behind on ult front. I don't even desire morgana atm but am doing it solely to keep up with GB demands.

i dont really even bother with GB, dont have the time for it, i just do the guild boss and thats it. I have enough essence to make +max askr but need to farm all the essence to ult sasha which is 370? i believe. Have a long road ahead of me

And very little time - chapter 4 is coming on 6th December.

I think I'm going to cut down my plan of making Titans to bare minimum of Paladin and Priest ones and spend all remaining resources on ulting the stuff I already have.

Limit

And very little time - chapter 4 is coming on 6th December.

I think I'm going to cut down my plan of making Titans to bare minimum of Paladin and Priest ones and spend all remaining resources on ulting the stuff I already have.

Similar. I'm halting making anything else until everything I already have is already Ult. The gap between max and ultimate allies appears to be significant, at least on paper.

Nebula materials are affected by enhance bonuses and discounts if someone is wondering- but those upgrades are really expensive I've burned through 10 millions and I'm not even 1/4 done

Limit

Nebula materials are affected by enhance bonuses and discounts if someone is wondering- but those upgrades are really expensive I've burned through 10 millions and I'm not even 1/4 done

Yup.4 ult gears done. 100 million down. Thank goodness for gear link system, at least.

tamminen

Im close to getting my 2nd key, Sasha. Should I focus on maxing my 2 keys or get more keys? My first key is Omega.

And how do you beat the tower? Im stuck at 70something, the prince dude anyway.

Im close to getting my 2nd key, Sasha. Should I focus on maxing my 2 keys or get more keys? My first key is Omega.

And how do you beat the tower? Im stuck at 70something, the prince dude anyway.

Always max dps busters/souls

There's no need to hurry with Tower - take the easy rewards and revisit when you party got more powerfull.

Salamande

At least base Askr is still very useful, if not as survivable as a leveled one.

I dropped all my resources into Morgana, since her skills really demand that she be MAXed to be useful. And while she's awesome in PVP modes, my WB scores will certainly be suffering for a bit until the Titans. Askr is definitely the new meta, he's needed to even begin to be competitive in WB or Nebula now.

Top Bottom