• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Blaze (iOS/Android) |OT| Looks Like Vanillaware, Tastes Like F2P

Limit

Another Wednesday update next week. Loving these fast updates even though I don't have enough SSS to Ult them all. I'm not clear on how exactly this replacement for Lab functions but happy to see it gives out a ton of SS fodder. Lab had become a chore anyways.

Patch notes

Crescende

Banned
May i ask the vets in here some stuff?
This is my current Situation:

I took a veeeery long break from DB and dont know if i should keep this account or make a new one with all the free stuff they give you. I dont even have a draco yet.

My current possessions: Paladin lvl 93/Priest lvl 80

Team Members:
•Brightspark Max+2
•Mercedes Max+2
•Tiel Max +2
•Eirden Max +2
•Porin Max+1
•Farq Max+3

Other SSS Units: Sammy / Azur / Byron / Garotan / Melki / Kerr / Rutar / Pari / Summer / Lagner / Loki / Freya / Mercedes / Caberra / Turq / Azur

I have all formations, all ring/inventory Slots. 35 essences each and around 4 mil gold and 2k rubies and 31 SS Units.

Is it worth to start over or should i push on with what i have? Where should i go from now on... There is too much stuff going on since i left the game :/

One thing i was thinking about was awaken Mercedes first, then hero ticket Karang and awaken/ult him. Then Ult Tiel and Azur and get the Paladin DS when he is released.
Only problem is that i would not be able to Progress very far into chapter 3 this way. With my team right now i cant autofarm hero essences.

Or should i get Draco Brightspark and first go for Gaia? Im super lost ...

Thank you all in advance!

KimChi

May i ask the vets in here some stuff?
This is my current Situation:

I took a veeeery long break from DB and dont know if i should keep this account or make a new one with all the free stuff they give you. I dont even have a draco yet.

My current possessions: Paladin lvl 93/Priest lvl 80

Team Members:
•Brightspark Max+2
•Mercedes Max+2
•Tiel Max +2
•Eirden Max +2
•Porin Max+1
•Farq Max+3

Other SSS Units: Sammy / Azur / Byron / Garotan / Melki / Kerr / Rutar / Pari / Summer / Lagner / Loki / Freya / Mercedes / Caberra / Turq / Azur

I have all formations, all ring/inventory Slots. 35 essences each and around 4 mil gold and 2k rubies and 31 SS Units.

Is it worth to start over or should i push on with what i have? Where should i go from now on... There is too much stuff going on since i left the game :/

One thing i was thinking about was awaken Mercedes first, then hero ticket Karang and awaken/ult him. Then Ult Tiel and Azur and get the Paladin DS when he is released.
Only problem is that i would not be able to Progress very far into chapter 3 this way. With my team right now i cant autofarm hero essences.

Or should i get Draco Brightspark and first go for Gaia? Im super lost ...

Thank you all in advance!
You are better off sticking with your current account, new users only get 1 hero select, 2 SSS ally and a draco ticket.
First, I'd take a read through this
http://inotives.com/game/dragon-blaze/articles/effective-beginner-guide
it'll give you some guidance on what to do even though its primarily for new users.

Using the hero ticket on getting Karang is fine, you will want to focus on Maxing and Ulting your main team to actually be able to farm Hero essence in chapter 3. Getting Draco Brightspark will be good for dps and Awakening Mercedes for a solid healer. Since Karang is getting his awaken next week you can then work on him after for another dps ally.
Concerning Gaia, I would skip her. Better off preparing for Askr since you got the allies anyway, imo. Also, keep in mind if you are unable to farm hero essence to awaken Mercedes and Karang just buy the essence.

New accounts only get few SSS and one free draco so your SSS count (including all those max+x) is much higher than what you would get as new player.

Plus there's some rewards for returning players which are quite good IIRC.

Your Dark Soul plan is very good imho.

Also I'd do Morgana - you have Eirdeen and Turq already.

As for you team you will need full team of awakened/deities at ult to progress:

Karand and Mercedes will be first two then Awakened Tiel that leaves one position for DPS - it should be Eirdeen or Draco Brightspark imho (depending if Eirdeen awakening is already done at that point)

That leaves us those two
•Porin Max+1 //for the moment keep her - later you can deify her into Manalandy as she will be needed for Tethys which is priest key
•Farq Max+3 // no immediate usage for her - just keep her in storage as we all might be doing super Draco Bloodwing in chapter 4

Inbachi

Neo Member
Whoa, fast update. RIP Lab, you were incredibly.....boring but thanks for the gold. At least I was able to completely finish it at least once.

Whizkid7

Yvante already huh? I knew I was right to focus on saving SSS fodder for them. Definitely need to farm more hero essences.

Also, lab replacement? Shame I never made it past 100 but i'll take anything that gives me more fodder.

Otheradam

I just started playing after taking a few months break. Last thing that happened when I was playing was Kymael came out and I made her. Right now I have a Paladin at around lvl 89 and my team is Fryderyk Ult, Llywelyn Ult, Kymael Max, Blackaria max, Draco Brightspark max, Bloodwind Max and a lot of other SSS. I just made Awakened Shabelle +6 and am wondering if I should have focused resources elsewhere instead of a healer.

Who is better? Blackaria or Awakened Shabelle? Should I prioritize on making another dps? I have Bell Snow and Whey that I can make Margaret with but should I wait to try to make Sasha? I also just need Fulson to try work towards the Rouge dark soul. I don't know what to do.

I believe for healers Awakened Mercedes is the best healer. Shabelle is more useful for her utility with her double revive and silence on attack. Blackaria's main benefit now is her party invulnerability on death, but stat-wise she's really fragile and dies fast.

For dark souls, this month if you log in for 10 days from 9/9~9/19 you get a hero select. With this you can either get Yvante and work towards Sasha or Fulson and work towards Tyr. The Awakened for Sasha are overall much better than the Awakened for Tyr, so in my opinion I would focus on Sasha.

I notice that your team really seems to lack a tank. If you have a spare paladin around (ie not Tiel) I would consider getting Falcon. That shield is invaluable.

Inbachi

Neo Member
Ugh, I just saw that we're not really getting anything in the update tonight. :(

Gives me more time to farm essences I guess.

Otheradam

I believe for healers Awakened Mercedes is the best healer. Shabelle is more useful for her utility with her double revive and silence on attack. Blackaria's main benefit now is her party invulnerability on death, but stat-wise she's really fragile and dies fast.

For dark souls, this month if you log in for 10 days from 9/9~9/19 you get a hero select. With this you can either get Yvante and work towards Sasha or Fulson and work towards Tyr. The Awakened for Sasha are overall much better than the Awakened for Tyr, so in my opinion I would focus on Sasha.

I notice that your team really seems to lack a tank. If you have a spare paladin around (ie not Tiel) I would consider getting Falcon. That shield is invaluable.

I have Tiel, at one point I had 3- one I made into Kymael, one is at Max right now and the other I used as fodder. Since maint is right now I can't check to see if I have another but I was planning on turning Tiel into Falcon. I guess her awakened is really good so I should save her. I will get Yvante and work towards Sasha then. Thanks.

Raid is super-glitched at the moment. It automatically matches you with three bots. If you run Deus Rag, you run it solo instead of with seven other players lol.

If someone is low on SS fodder it's good idea to combine as many of them as possible over next few days.

Event 1

Dates: 9/9~9/15

Full Buff Event: 11:00 AM ~ 1:00 AM PDT CEST SGT
SS~SSS Raid Item Drop 100% UP
SS~SSS Dungeon Item Drop 100% UP
Dungeon EXP 70% UP
Dungeon Ally Drop Rate 50% UP
Dungeon Gold 50% UP

Event 2

Dates:
9/9~9/19 PDT
9/10~9/20 CEST
9/10~9/20 SGT

-Ally Summon via Friend point 50% off (9/8 after maintenance~9/20)
-Equipment summon 40% off (9/8 after maintenance~9/20)

GM Events (After Maintenance ~ 9/19 PDT)
- Combine SS Ally and receive S ally - unlimited
- Combine SSS Ally and receive SSS Ally - limited 2 per account

Otheradam

Can anyone with a dragon buster or dark soul add me as a friend? I cannot beat Icy Fang 9 at all. When the 2 busters start duking it out I am barely doing any damage... My paladin's name is Adamski.

Limit

Current fodder SSS count sitting in ally box: 21. And it's getting worse with every passing day. I am nearly done with all the saved SS and about to hit up converting S class if the new allies don't drop this week. Inefficient by all measures.

I've got all this S and A fodder that I want to use to enhance Yvante but I might have to start using them for other things. Also running pretty low on SS. If there's no patch next week I hope we get a 1+1 or something.

Given that Shasha is probably coming next month, is it worth it for me enhance Shiva beyond +6?

Also today's patch is going to have 1+1 ally summon.

Salamande

Given that Shasha is probably coming next month, is it worth it for me enhance Shiva beyond +6?

Also today's patch is going to have 1+1 ally summon.

I'd say surviveability is very important for Shiva, in addition to having more INT for heals, so I'd aim for max unless you're really hurting. 

That said, I know how you feel. I'm planning on Shasha, Askr, and Morgana, so I might have to do some compromising myself.

I tried Belphegor before the emergency maintenance, and I couldn't make it past round 2 wave 3 with Max Tyr and +6 Shiva. Also apparently there was a problem with priests and mages not having any mana.

KimChi

I tried Belphegor before the emergency maintenance, and I couldn't make it past round 2 wave 3 with Max Tyr and +6 Shiva. Also apparently there was a problem with priests and mages not having any mana.
They apparently patched in the korean version of Belphegor, reason why they removed it. I was able to get 1 attempt in before i went to sleep, made it to round 2 wave 10, the damage ramped up so much I'm pretty sure it would be impossible to even beat round 3 tbh. I ran out of time when i reached the boss even after using all the buffs at round 2 wave 7.
I wonder if we're going to get compensation for no weekly lab/belphegor rewards.
They compensated 100 rubies + 100 shoes

Emergency maintenance to reopen Belphegor, hopefully in a state where he doesn't kick the shit out of me so hard. Also confirming no ranking reset for belphegor this week for the Americas server.

They're also giving out a pretty sweet compensation of 1 SSS summon, 300 rubies, and 3 million gold.

edit: Nope, round 2 wave 2 of Belphegor still takes forever to kill.

I'm starting to get overwhelmed by sheer amount of essences and SSS needed to stay in top rankings. Amount of time needed to convert shoes into essences is getting crazy.

Inbachi

Neo Member
Well I'm almost to 17,000 rubies saved up. I kind of want to keep hoarding just to see how big of a stash I can get but I think I'll deplete a big chunk with 1+1 this weekend.

I also don't get the new mode. I can't make it past stage 2 because I always run out of time.

I'm starting to get overwhelmed by sheer amount of essences and SSS needed to stay in top rankings. Amount of time needed to convert shoes into essences is getting crazy.

I'm usually in 10-20% so there's not a lot of pressure for me, but still essence grinding is such a pain. I might have to buy essence again to have enough to make Sasha.

Also I used some of my excess light essence and a bunch of SSS to finally make Howl and Omega. Probably the only buster I'm going to get.

Limit

do what I do, just load 400 shoes every night and go to sleep

Yup. And I'm not enjoying belphegor at all. Not that lab was any interesting at this point in time. But the difficulty spike hits hard and non key allies are useless there. So the ability to switch allies back and forth is meaningless atm.

Ventara

Is Ravengale still best helper for Hydra with helpers staying whole match ?

Depends on what you have. Meta team probably has Iota as helper, but that's assuming you have everyone else. I still use her, but she'll probably be benched one next set of awakened comes.

Pejo

So what's the consensus on best Gold grinding spot now that Lab is gone? I am constantly bottle-necked by my gold, and I'm tired of it. I have 3k+ shoes and like 5k+ tickets, so I can grind anything. Already bought the auto-salvage pet too so I can just leave it on while I'm sleeping or at work.

Ventara

So what's the consensus on best Gold grinding spot now that Lab is gone? I am constantly bottle-necked by my gold, and I'm tired of it. I have 3k+ shoes and like 5k+ tickets, so I can grind anything. Already bought the auto-salvage pet too so I can just leave it on while I'm sleeping or at work.

Probably normal dungeons. It was normal dungeons even before Lab was removed. I suppose if you factor in cost, RoB might be better, as it takes roughly the same amount of time to get the same amount of gold, but you're only using 2 tickets as opposed to the 2 shoes x 6-8 runs in normal dungeons. But when you factor in the essences and allies, normal dungeon farming is clearly superior.

Depends on what you have. Meta team probably has Iota as helper, but that's assuming you have everyone else. I still use her, but she'll probably be benched one next set of awakened comes.

I've made a small experiment - swapped Ravengale for Pluto+max and it lowered my score by 1/11

Pejo

Probably normal dungeons. It was normal dungeons even before Lab was removed. I suppose if you factor in cost, RoB might be better, as it takes roughly the same amount of time to get the same amount of gold, but you're only using 2 tickets as opposed to the 2 shoes x 6-8 runs in normal dungeons. But when you factor in the essences and allies, normal dungeon farming is clearly superior.

Thanks! Should I just be farming the highest stage I can autobattle, or is there a particular setup/stage that's best for gold?

Ventara

Thanks! Should I just be farming the highest stage I can autobattle, or is there a particular setup/stage that's best for gold?

I'd just do the highest boss stage you can auto. Not sure if there's a difference, but if there is it's most likely minimal.

Limit

Starving on the ticket front over here. We need to have another drop event asap. Especially considering that myth update is going live tomorrow and I haven't updated most of my equipment since the level 90 update.

Completing Myth gives 450 rubies, and I'm probably gonna spend it all on shoes. Level grinding is so slow. Have to level the rogue to 99, then priest, then paladin.

Takuan

I had some issues logging in yesterday from mobile, none from Nox. I thought maybe the emulator messed things up, but I guess it wasn't just me (or Salamande was also using an emulator).

I wish there was +50% ally enhance rate on patch days. It's sad sitting on whay and Belle with 10 SSS waiting just to +max them

That you have the SSS at all is a boon! I probably won't be ready for Sasha when she drops. I managed to ult Yvante and Belle, but I'm back to grinding for SSS to get Whay finished off. Certainly didn't help I forgot about GA last week (was watching Luke Cage and it completely slipped my mind until it was too late - guild had finished it by then, haha).

Salamande

I was getting 404 errors at the HIVE login screen; never seen that before. Reading the website, it looks like there was some kind of maintenance. It cleared up later that night. (I'm on a Note 4.)

tamminen

Decided to give DB a go once more. Last time I played dracos were the thing. What should I do now? Ive a team of 4 ult dracos and thats it. I took the lvl80 with bonuses thing on my priest and Im burning shoes on the new content.

Pejo

Decided to give DB a go once more. Last time I played dracos were the thing. What should I do now? Ive a team of 4 ult dracos and thats it. I took the lvl80 with bonuses thing on my priest and Im burning shoes on the new content.

I'm no expert at the game, I'm mainly just logging in and doing weeklies/dailies, but you probably want to look at the requirements for some Busters or Dark Soul units. The power creep has set pretty significantly once those hit.

Other than that, standard stuff of finishing story, grinding xp to max level, and grinding gear, I'd imagine.

Top Bottom