• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth+ |OT| 200 More Hours of Bad Keeper Runs

Akai__

The mod support is honestly huge.

lol, Did anyone who had 1001% get like 5 or 6 achievement/unlocks right when you loaded it?

Don't even have 1001% and they unlocked for me:

ItgwL2I.png

Same thing happened when Afterbirth came out, though: https://twitter.com/AkaiGAF/status/664559251382255616

Tainted

Reports on reddit saying the filter doesn't work in AB+ :/

I use that all the time...hopefully it gets patched quickly.

Obscura

Game won't start at all. Restarted steam, reinstalled BoI, restarted steam again and nothing.

If I turn off the AB+ DLC it will start though.

Mod support is literally gonna save this game if Antibirth is any indication of what we can expect. I'm not sure why we expected anything other than "makes the game less fun to play"-type enemies or "like this already existing item but slightly worse"-type items.

Did a quick run in Greedier Mode to start things off. Some things I noticed:

Definitely tougher. Less time between waves, and at least once I noticed less money dropping over the course of a floor. Ultra Greed also has a second phase now, although I lucked into Blank Card + 2 of Diamonds so I was OP and killed it instantly without really seeing what it had to offer. Only thing I caught was that Brimstone beams seemed to shoot out of the doors during the second phase.

Berordn

So did they remove the effect Void was going to have on pickups? Only seems to work on active items now, which is... disappointing.

At least there's some strategy involved with those though

It'd be nice if it prevented some of the beefier enemies from coming out, especially when there's two of them. It's not hard to get overrun on the first floor if you run into a room with multiple spawners...

zulux21

so I am gonna have to wait for a patch before playing.

the game is buggy with co op... the co op baby glitches out a lot of times.

also have had problems with hearts not being picked up because I have an inviso bubble of nothingness around me shoving them away.

I also am tempted to wait for mod support to fix some of the new stuff.

the spawners are just annoying spawning way to quickly on the first floor.

also ran into one of the new bosses.
it was a fine enough boss but horrid for how low of a floor it was on.

it was basically a double trouble version of the cage, except never jumping, constantly spawning things, and from time to time launching death beams.

I ran into it on floor 4 i think.

on the plus side I unlocked the lost that run since I had 9 lives and after dying to the boss knew I couldn't beat it so with the poster ran to the sacrifice room lol.

WHAT THE FUCK? IsApollyon bugged or is it that way? And I mean an invisible fuck with just 1 heart? If yes, then Congrats Edmund! You made the most unfun character to date.

Meia

Had two runs so far with the new character:

First run saw a devil room with a choice of 4 items instead of the normal 1-3, then quickly died in caves 2 due to the game not giving me anything.

Second run the game decided to give me everything, including an early chaos card and a guppy by Depths I. Also had light shot from the first chest which is incredible on monster generator enemies(which the game apparently loves now). Getting Serpent's Kiss though meant I had max black hearts for most of the run, so ran through the womb II so I could chaos card Hush to get that nonsense out of the way. Had little issue with the bosses after, though unlocked "The Void" level once I beat Hush it looked like.

Did like that the hidden HUD mods and the like are part of the default UI though now(in the options).

Tainted

With the graphic filter broken for now in AB+ (Confirmed by many)...I think I'll stick with Antibirth. I'm sure it will get patched quickly though

Nzyme32

PRO TIP - Do not press the import Rebirth save button by accident and proceed not to read the warning, as it will reimport the old Rebirth save files and overwrite what you have done in Afterbirth.

If you do fuck up like I accidentally did - force close steam and then Isaac, delete your saved from "my games" in documents and the local cloud backup in the userdata steam folder (20900 or something). The log back into Steam and it will fix you up with your old backup from the "power of the cloud".

Whew. Near lost a whole ton of hours there

Obscura

Thanks for this. It worked!

One note/caveat though, I had to install BOTH the 32 bit and 64 bit versions. Installing either one by itself didn't work. Once I installed both Isaac runs again.

Downloaded the version I didn't already have and it worked. Thanks!

Mr. Virus

the boss at the end of the new chapter
The Void
is fucking WILD. whoa

Oh yeah, just had a run end there. It's... something special.

Don't like that it's another super meat sponge/armoured a la Hush but FUCK ME that's some bullet hell going on. Gonna be interesting to try nail that one.

dickroach

Oh yeah, just had a run end there. It's... something special.

Don't like that it's another super meat sponge/armoured a la Hush but FUCK ME that's some bullet hell going on. Gonna be interesting to try nail that one.

I beat it. there's no special mark on the card for beating it. I think it unlockeds ome item tho

LordRaptor

Found a new potato peeler item whose active is pretty interesting...
takes a red heart and gives you a cube of meat, which basically reminded me how rare seeing the horsemen and getting a chance at super meat boy / bandage girl is nowadays

NewDust

Can't wait until someone uses Diplopia on
the void
and than use one of it to
suck up the other one.

Bate

Did a Lazarus run und beat the Lamb. I chose the victory lap option. Its kinda pointless but fun though. Even on a victory run the spawning black holes are annoying. Way too common.

How do you access that new chapter?

Meia

Ok, second run as the new character, got Brimstone on my second boss room, and was again off to the races.

Picked up a Open Sesame card on the run too, but went to finish Dark Room before I opened the big door, and it asked me if I wanted to do a victory lap. Like an idiot I said yes, so now I'm back at the beginning, and wondering if I can do unlocks with a whole second playthrough of the game...

dickroach

Did a Lazarus run und beat the Lamb. I chose the victory lap option. Its kinda pointless but fun though. Even on a victory run the spawning black holes are annoying. Way too common.

How do you access that new chapter?

an entrance to it opened after I beat Hush with Apollyon inside a door that opened at the top of the room. dunno if there's any other way to access it

NeckToChicken

Unconfirmed Member
So, I had a good first run with Apollyon that was almost in danger due to picking up No. 2 and fighting Dangle. If I hadn't picked up a meat cube to kill him with contact damage that would've been a guaranteed loss. Bobby Bomb later made that work out fine though. Ate two(!?) crystal balls with the void to make a card generating machine.

The
Sisters Vis
random boss can go eat a flaming bag of shit, though.
WE HEARD YOU LIKE THE CAGE SO WE GAVE YOU TWO OF THEM WITH BLOOD LASERS AND AN ENRAGE.

Qwyjibo

Ugh screw this game.

I just got games like Salt & Sanctuary, Hyper Light Drifter, and Assetto Corsa through the Steam sale. I'm still playing through the Last Guardian. Playing through the Ace Attorney trilogy on 3DS...

None of that will matter because I'm going to buy Afterbirth+ and probably play this damn game 3 hours per day and nothing else. I have to be pushing close to 600 hours between all versions of BOI (my Steam wasn't recording play time for the original properly was stuck at 51 minutes for months once). Just pump this into my veins!

KarmaCow

They didn't unlock for me. But I can play the challenges. Glitch?

Don't know what is going on with my achievement list on steam... http://prntscr.com/dr8eez

Yea achievements on Steam seem to be visually borked. I unlocked stuff just fine though.

Ugh screw this game.

I just got games like Salt & Sanctuary, Hyper Light Drifter, and Assetto Corsa through the Steam sale. I'm still playing through the Last Guardian. Playing through the Ace Attorney trilogy on 3DS...

None of that will matter because I'm going to buy Afterbirth+ and probably play this damn game 3 hours per day and nothing else. I have to be pushing close to 600 hours between all versions of BOI (my Steam wasn't recording play time for the original properly was stuck at 51 minutes for months once). Just pump this into my veins!

Yea I purposefully didn't buy much during the winter sale because I knew Afterbirth+ would be my obsession.

Top Bottom