• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves | The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhino4evr

reKon said:
I don't get it. There was an embargo? IGN and playstation magazine along with other sites have put theirs up. In addition, is it only this one site that is releasing their review?

its called paid exclusive. IGN gave someone the moneyz for those early reviews.

Daante

RoadHazard said:
Thirdly; has anyone posted the review score for Swedish gaming magazine LEVEL? If not:

Main review: 10/10
Second opinion: 9/10

Yep that is correct. I have the mag in front of me and its called "LEVEL" and those scores are correct.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
RiotPelaaja said:
TTP, I bet you that Edge's gonna score the game 7/10.
Why would they. They gave the first game 9/10, despite author saying in that very review that he's a self-proclaimed xbot. :-D

*edit* nevermind, ignore, I was talking about Eurogamer review - I'll learn to read next time.

Solo

rhino4evr said:
LOL..the game is TOO LONG now!?

ha ha

Reading comprehension FTL. They aren't saying that the game is too long. They're saying that the story runs its course/fizzles out before the game ends.

neojubei said:
Hope not.
Well, CVG usually tends to go slightly lower (arguably more accurate) with their PS3 review scores.

Killzone 2 - 8.7/10

Resistance 1/2 - 8/10

Wipeout HD - 8/10

Although the first Uncharted got a 9/10 from them.

Pachimari

I already got the american Uncharted 2 Multiplayer Beta but shouldn't the Open Beta for Europe be up on PSN by now? i'm confused. .

reKon

Banned
nskinnear said:
I guess people are just looking for stuff to fill the Cons section now
:p

Unfortunately, I think you're right, lol

One thing though, that I don't understand is all the talk about the game's length. Look, this isn't an rpg or an action game with some minor RPG elements (like Ratchet). This is a 3RD PERSON SHOOTER! So why people complain about a game being 10 hours in length is stupid especially when the game is paced perfectly. Also, I think that if you're beating the game in 10 hours, then you're not even trying to get as much out of the game as you should. I don't know about you guys, but when I play a fucking good single player campaign, I squeeze everything out of it and thus, it makes for a more rewarding experience.

I guarantee I get 13+ hours out of this game the first time through due to trying to find treasures, etc on normal. I usually play the harder modes too so that's another 13 hours for hard. How do I know that it will be this long? People were claiming they beat Uncharted in 7 hours (why do you guys like to rush through good games...?). It took me 8 1/2 (found 35+ treasures in the first playthrough). This all doesn't even include multiplayer, which will take up God knows how long. Also, I didn't see people complaining about the length in any of the gears games even though it was similar length to the Uncharted's.

Anyways, /end RANT

can't wait for the game

mrklaw

MrArseFace
is the demo multiplayer only again? no Single player demo? I'll buy the game day one anyway, but just fancy a taster beforehand and I'd prefer single player

rhino4evr

Solo said:
Reading comprehension FTL. They aren't saying that the game is too long. They're saying that the story runs its course/fizzles out before the game ends.

internet reading comprehension for the lose...when someone puts LOL in front of a comment, it usually means "in a joking tone"

I wasn't serious sherlock. I know what the review meant.

I jus thought it was funny because we have seen a few reviews/people complaining about the game length only being 10 hours..and this review mentions that the story should actually end sooner then it does because it gets dragged out.

LaneDS

mrklaw said:
is the demo multiplayer only again? no Single player demo? I'll buy the game day one anyway, but just fancy a taster beforehand and I'd prefer single player

Today's demo is MP only. Maybe we'll see a single player demo down the line, but if that's the case I haven't heard anything about it.

Drame

LaneDS said:
Open mic.

Dang it! I was hoping for a push to talk, as my mic picks even the slightest noise, at least in Killzone 2.

Well, I'll just have learn to press the mute button, every now and then.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Anastacio said:
How many hours till the demo goes live?

5 mins.

And to be clear: It's exactly the same demo/beta that most of us have already been playing for two weeks (if anyone was expecting something else).

Pachimari

I just want the european beta so that i can play together with my friends. Then i'll erase the american one. and then i'll get the review copy next week or in two weeks. =)

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
10/10 from Eurogamer
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/uncharted-2-among-thieves-review

Whether or not the multiplayer sticks, however, is arguably a footnote, because at the core of Uncharted 2 is an action-adventure masterpiece whose minor flaws are washed away on a tide of rhythm and spectacle - one that would still be an essential experience even without the option to pull your friends off cliffs and play capture-the-heirloom. For over a dozen pulsating hours, Nathan Drake is among thieves, just as Naughty Dog was when it made the first game by ransacking surrounding genres. By the end of Uncharted 2 though, Drake has found his place in the world, and so has the developer - among giants.

LaneDS

IronFistedChampion said:
Are the player stats going to be reset for this demo?

They'll be reset when retail hits. I don't think they're wiping the stats from the people already playing for two weeks though.

54-46!

Plugged in the Slim in to my brand new 1080p 24" PC monitor just in time for this :9 sure beats that old SDTV.. I seriously need to set up an internet connection to the living room though :|

slider

alr1ghtstart said:

10/10 is one thing but those closing comments are praise indeed. Can't wait (I say that every post in this thread).

EDIT: Clicked the link... not gonna read any more even though it makes the anticipation all the richer. I'll spoiler this, just in case.

Eurogamer said:
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves is beautiful, and Naughty Dog knows it. About halfway through, the game almost comes to a halt so that Nathan Drake can wander around a village where nobody speaks English and he is unable to run or use any of his small but imaginative range of gymnastic abilities. There is nothing to do but stare at the scenery: children and livestock scurrying across sun-baked mud-tracks crisscrossed by shadows cast from clothes fluttering back and forth on washing lines, the perfect transition of bright daylight to dark interiors, and a spectacular mountain range rising beyond the rooftops in panorama.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom