• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves | The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

thuway

In celebration GAF, I would like to invite two people to play Co-op on crushing with me? Any takers? :lol (mics WANTED)

-Amon-

Zzoram said:
So I guess for today the sdf declares Eurogamer unbias again?

Eurogamer had really no escape route this time it seems... UC2 must really be the best thing around. Let's see edge's move now.

Zzoram

Jaroof said:
? Anybody?
I wanna know too.

Yes Eurogamer and EDGE usually rate harshly, and supposedly slightly favor European developed games (although this is debatable). However, 360 exclusives overall have gotten better reviews in the past than PS3 exclusives, so the Sony fanboys freaked out hard about it being bias and about how they were expecting a 7/10 from Eurogamer.

Esch

Banned
Zzoram said:
Yes Eurogamer and EDGE usually rate harshly. However, 360 exclusives overall have gotten better reviews in the past than PS3 exclusives, so the Sony fanboys freaked out hard about it being bias and about how they were expecting a 7/10 from Eurogamer.

Do we really need this kind of firestarter bullshit in this thread already?

BeeDog

Zzoram said:
So I guess for today the sdf declares Eurogamer unbias again?

Do you act surprised at this behavior? It's not exclusive to SDF, it's exclusive to everyone when it comes to everything, no freaking reason to point it out.

Zzoram said:
Yes Eurogamer and EDGE usually rate harshly, and supposedly slightly favor European developed games (although this is debatable). However, 360 exclusives overall have gotten better reviews in the past than PS3 exclusives, so the Sony fanboys freaked out hard about it being bias and about how they were expecting a 7/10 from Eurogamer.

This is your second post claiming all kinds of SDF BS. GTFO and stay out.

On topic: that CVG review is impressive.

LaneDS

For a little comparison, Eurogamer dropped an 8 on MGS4 (I have no comments on whether that was deserved, it's not for this thread anyway). So a 10 here seems like a pretty big deal to me.

Zzoram

neojubei said:
We don't need any of that in here, man.

Ok, no more. I just didn't have anything else to say because I am on media blackout for Uncharted 2, and Uncharted 1 on Crushing has been really frustrating me and I came on GAF for a break.

EagleEyes

Jostifer said:
Did he check what he wrote in this section?
capable of the subtle changes and deft transitions necessary to elevate the series to the same standing as mature action storytellers like Valve and Bungie?
There's a tons of achievements you can throw at that dev but this is their weak link.
Come on man, rejoice in the fact that Uncharted scored well and leave that other crap out of this thread. Both Valve and Bungie are awesome developers and now there is room for Naughty Dog.

Jaroof

Internet Celebrity said:
u srs? :lol

yes.

Yes, im srs. I didn't even know about Eurogamer til recently, so I don't know too much about them.
Since I now know that, I'll hop on board...

HOLY SHIT!!! :O

LaneDS said:
For a little comparison, Eurogamer dropped an 8 on MGS4 (I have no comments on whether that was deserved, it's not for this thread anyway). So a 10 here seems like a pretty big deal to me.

Game of the gen confirmed? who knows! none of us has played it:lol But it is that much better than the first the answer for me will be a resounding yes.

Zzoram

EagleEyes said:
Come on man, rejoice in the fact that Uncharted scored well and leave that other crap out of this thread. Both Valve and Bungie are awesome developers and now there is room for Naughty Dog.

I think the objection was to Bungie being good storytellers. They make fun, feature-rich games, but they are definitely not among the best storytellers.

rhino4evr

Lord Error said:
To my knowledge they have never given a 10 to a PS3 game until now, and they give them out very rarely in general.

didn't they give LBP a 10?

anyway..I find this whole "bias" theory stupid. Most the time Eurogamer's more critical reviews are actually the only realistic ones.

A.R.K

woh ... 10/10 ... eurogamer....*mind blown*

I am way more excited to play the SP cuz the first one was awesome and this one seems much much better

I really hope this game sells tons and tons cuz ND deserves it! All you GAFers better buy this day 1!! :D

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Moz La Punk said:
Nah I have the Edge issue here and it's an 8. Dunny why you link to Eurogamer.

Lord Error

Internet Celebrity said:
EDGE =/= Eurogamer.
Oh wow, I'm an idiot. Sorry guys (FFObsessed included of course). I read RiotPelaja's original post and thought he was talking about Eurogamer. My every post since has been a comment about the Eurogamer review.

rhino4evr said:
didn't they give LBP a 10?

anyway..I find this whole "bias" theory stupid. Most the time Eurogamer's more critical reviews are actually the only realistic ones.
OK, now I'm pretty sure I know what I'm talking about - Edge gave LBP 10, and Eurogamer gave it 9.

rhino4evr

Norml said:
When I first played Silent Hill 2 for the first time I did the same, standing in front of the mirror wandering why nothing is happening.:lol

this happened at the begining of MGS4 for me...

slipknot2009

Neo Member
Das-J said:
I truly think so... it's the best gaming experience I've had in a long, long time!

True Dat. Before playing the beta, I pretty much hated multiplayer games, but I've been playing this non-stopped since it first hit for those of us who pre-ordered. Never thought I'd love a multiplayer beta.

And the Eurogames review, to me, is shocking. I thought they'd be the one to buck the trend and give it a 7. This game's bulletproof, and the game of the Gen for sure.

Kittonwy

Banned
alr1ghtstart said:

UNCHARTED 2 AFWNESS!!!222!!!
angry.gif

Thus proving once again I almost always stand behind THE GREATEST GAMES OF ALL TIME, THE GREATEST GAMES OF ALL TIME.
angry.gif

LaneDS

TheExecutive said:
Game of the gen confirmed? who knows! none of us has played it:lol But it is that much better than the first the answer for me will be a resounding yes.

At the very least it's going to be the best thing out this year, in my eyes at least.

Totally speculatory on my part, but I have a feeling they're going to
kill off Sully early in the game
as some motivation for Drake. I hope that's not the case, but I have a feeling it might end up that way. I hope not, since I heart him.

Dude Abides

Banned
Very pumped for this one. I hope they added a few more animations to the enemies though. That bob-and-weave move they have got predictable.

rhino4evr

Zzoram said:
Considering this generation has at least 3 years left, probably not. However, I wouldn't be surprised if Uncharted 3 earns that title.

my money is on The Last Guardian for game of the generation.

Jaroof said:
Synless said:
Does Eurogamer usually rate harshly or something?
? Anybody?
I wanna know too.

I am under the impression that they're rather fair with their reviews, and they have an excellent editorial style, in my opinion. So, yeah, a 10 from them is a big deal, I think.

ARGH! I'm stuck at work for at least another 6 hours, why can't I queue downloads on my ps3 from my playstation network page? I want to play! I'm super hyped for this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom