• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RUMOR: Lime Green New 3DSXL w/ Super Mario World bundle incoming?

http://www.gonintendo.com/stories/2...new-3ds-xl-coming-stateside-bundled-with-supe

unnamed.png

Gonintendo is reporting that this image is currently making the rounds, but doesn't say it's original source, so take with a grain of salt...

Image looks bootleg, but this is the colour I desperately wanted. Please be real.

Edit: States only? Pleasecometoeuropepleasecometoeurope.

Well, the U.K. Is getting an orange and black 3DS XL. Mario Maker bundle I think. I'm not keen on this two time setup. Just give us one flat colour, please. Green all over.

I have a green GBA SP 101 that this would've sat nicely alongside.

Caelus

For the love of god

All I want is a regular black new 3DS in NA

That will tide me over until the Switch, Nintendo

gosh

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
I was gonna post that I would be all over this if it wasn't an XL model but then I realized I can just put lime green cover plates on my existing N3DS instead. Thanks Nintendo!

That's actually pretty cool and could hit a lot of people's nostalgia pretty hard during the holidays.

I mean, if it weren't still 200 dollars.

I still can't believe that, outside of 2DS, this system hasn't received a price drop since 2011!

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
That's actually pretty cool and could hit a lot of people's nostalgia pretty hard during the holidays.

I still can't believe that, outside of 2DS, this system hasn't received a price drop since 2011!

The 3DSXL wasn't around in 2011.

la_briola

The New Nintendo 3DS XL was released in NA on February 13, 2015.

Davilmar

So it is real. The image looked pretty official to me, but I just bought a New Nintendo 3DS bundle with Mario 3D Land. I love the yellow removable plates and the smaller 3DS than the XL. Bundling this edition with just Super Mario World at the regular or premium price hurts though.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
The boxart is great, the system is boring. They could have done anything else with it, rather than just leave it that lime green, which has no connection with Mario World.

I'm talking about the 3DS, period (outside of the 2DS, which has received price drops).

Which is why I brought up 2DS in my initial post (otherwise, that would have made no sense). Should have made my point pretty clear.

Original 3DS XL got an unannounced price drop to 175 as it was being phased out. But other than that, you are correct.

Yeah they are still too expensive for sure.

But I'd expect them to slash the price of the whole 3DS line in January.

Top Bottom