• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor [LPVG]: New BG&E 2 details, teaser trailer coming w/NX reveal, summer 2018

KrawlMan

If true and if Nintendo promotes this properly, I can see it being much more popular with Nintendo fans than Bayonetta 2. BG&E and Zelda have enough in common (in both gameplay and tone) that it shouldn't be that hard to sell a lot of the Zelda audience on it.

Didn't want Bayo, somewhat interested in BG&E2...so it's at least true for me :p

I reaaaaaaally hope they give it a better name than Beyond Good and Evil: [Subtitle].

Not sure what you could possibly call it, though.

A reboot...

that will probably not have the charme of the original due to a massive and bloated open world design with plenty of boring side quests and online functions.

Is she legit?

Well, she is teasing news for this week, so all we have to do is wait a lil bit.

If nothing comes out this week there will be fire.

Servbot24

Banned
A reboot...

that will probably not have the charme of the original due to a massive and bloated open world design with plenty of boring side quests and online functions.

Hopefully Nintendo being involved as well as what I assume will be a limited budget will help them stay focused on gameplay and story. I'm going to be so sad if open world shit becomes the focus :(

jdstorm

Banned
This is sounding very Mirrors Edge Catalyst.

Hopefully BGaE:Subtitle manages to keep its origional audience happy while also atracting new customers/players

'Beyond Good & Evil: The Prejudices of Philosophers' was rumoured at one point this year.

That's really shitty! I love me some mouthfuls of a game title (big MegaTen fan here) but it's just too much.

I'd rather they gave it an entirely different name. It's not like there's any brand value behind Beyond Good & Evil.

That's really shitty! I love me some mouthfuls of a game title (big MegaTen fan here) but it's just too much.

I'd rather they gave it an entirely different name. It's not like there's any brand value behind Beyond Good & Evil.

Oh I completely agree. It's verbose and hardly memorable. It won't sell the game to the average gamer at all.

So it's totally real.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
So it's going to be a reboot/retelling of the first game with added stuff? Eh, I'm fine with that. Better a new BG&E game than no new game at all!

Thraktor

They did "Beyond Good and Evil" too, they just left that one in German :p

I'm pretty sure they were all in German, although "Thus spoke Zarathustra" is much more similar in German than the other two. Ironically Germany (and the rest of Europe) only ever got episode 2, because Namco were presumably staffed by crazy people.

I'm pretty sure they were all in German, although "Thus spoke Zarathustra" is much more similar in German than the other two. Ironically Germany (and the rest of Europe) only ever got episode 2, because Namco were presumably staffed by crazy people.

Ja, "Der Wille zur Macht", "Jenseits von Gut und Bose", und "Also Sprach Zarathustra".

Xenosaga beat Ubi to the punch on quoting Nietzche, but funnily enough Beyond Good and Evil came out before Xenosaga II did. So Ubi actually won there, I guess.

Namco's handling of that franchise in Europe was fuuuuucked.

If true and if Nintendo promotes this properly, I can see it being much more popular with Nintendo fans than Bayonetta 2. BG&E and Zelda have enough in common (in both gameplay and tone) that it shouldn't be that hard to sell a lot of the Zelda audience on it.

I think Bayonetta 2 did better than a lot of people seem to think. Her inclusion in Smash and B2's reprint weren't for nothing.

jdstorm

Banned
two dead Ubi franchises for the price of one

Honestly if UBI wanted to remake Sands of Time, Forgotten sands (PS360) and Warrior Within (after completely changing the tone to match the other two games.) That would be incredible. Two Thrones is pretty redundant story wise

I think Bayonetta 2 did better than a lot of people seem to think. Her inclusion in Smash and B2's reprint weren't for nothing.

Yeah, all things considered the gambit with Bayo2 was a big success for the series, Nintendo, and hell, even Platinum in the long term. Before the past couple years Bayonetta was basically just a random niche action game with a small, cult fanbase. The Bayonetta 2 situation practically gave the franchise a second lease on life with all the stuff that came with it. It was absolutely worth it.

Thraktor

Ja, "Der Wille zur Macht", "Jenseits von Gut und Bose", und "Also Sprach Zarathustra".

Xenosaga beat Ubi to the punch on quoting Nietzche, but funnily enough Beyond Good and Evil came out before Xenosaga II did. So Ubi actually won there, I guess.

Namco's handling of that franchise in Europe was fuuuuucked.

Hopefully Nintendo will do a deal with Namco to release a HD remaster of the trilogy on NX, overseen by Takahashi. It'd be nice to finally get a chance to play the games (without going to the trouble of getting hold of US copies of the games and the PS2 to play them on).

DeputyVanHalen

Neo Member
Hopefully Nintendo will do a deal with Namco to release a HD remaster of the trilogy on NX, overseen by Takahashi. It'd be nice to finally get a chance to play the games (without going to the trouble of getting hold of US copies of the games and the PS2 to play them on).

I'd be shocked if that ever happened, but I'd love to see it.

Can you imagine, being in the position of a game publisher and realizing that Nintendo has come up with a simple way for their games to sell twice. It almost guarantees a sell.

AfroDust

I take a nap with no hope of impending NX news. I wake up and not only is Nate teasing his ass off on Twitter but Emily made her profile public. The moral of the story here is that for the sake of Nintendo fans everywhere, I need to take more naps.

Wait, hold up.
Are we gonna get the NX, Red Dead, AND BG&E2 announced in the same two weeks? People will pass out and convulse in joy if it happens the same day.

Discomurf

150760424.jpg

Top Bottom