• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor [LPVG]: New BG&E 2 details, teaser trailer coming w/NX reveal, summer 2018

SURGEdude

I'm against all 3rd party exclusivity on principle. But from Nintendo's perspective it's a nice get and fits well with their brand.

Honestly if UBI wanted to remake Sands of Time, Forgotten sands (PS360) and Warrior Within (after completely changing the tone to match the other two games.) That would be incredible. Two Thrones is pretty redundant story wise

but Two Thrones is also the best one so there's that problem :p

5319785+_957532569bb20eb9cbde0aa535959536.gif

DeputyVanHalen

Neo Member
Red Dead on Nintendo would be something.

It would be. If the NX is at least on par with the base XB1 and porting to it is easy, I don't think it's that unlikely either, since there's pretty much a 100% chance of there being a version for XB1. Unveiling it during the NX reveal would also be a good way for Nintendo to show that they're actually serious about having third party support this time around.

I think the order is Table Tennis > Manhunt 2 NA > Bully > Manhunt 2 PAL > Chinatown Wars.

Thanks. It's been a while, but granted Rockstar's output has been taking its time for the past 6-ish years and it's obvious why GTAV and RDR skipped Wii and Wii U.

Schnozberry

It would be really interesting if all 3 happened in the same Direct.

Red Dead on NX would surprise everyone and sell some hardware. Being able to play it on the go would be a major selling point. That said, it doesn't seem very likely unless the folks at Rockstar were just blown away by the hardware concept. I would think they would wait until it sells some hardware first before deciding on a port, unless Nintendo ponied up the cash.

Oersted

Have Nintendo ever got exclusive marketing rights (like Sony with Destiny etc.) to a multiplatform game?

One of the Infinity series I think. And there was of course the Skylanders deal with the Nintendo characters.

Edit:

Oh and Just Dance of course.

Frodo

Will Nintendo reveal NX before or after GRRM releases The Winds of Winter? Place your bets, GAF.

Both will never be released

So when Vivendi eventually buys Ubisoft, do you think Nintendo will let Ancel open up a dev studio at NERD?

Also, Nintendo should commission R* to make Agent an NX exclusive. What's Sony doing with it at the moment anyway? Make it the open-world game equivalent of Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Pretty disappointed if it's really just a "reboot".
But well, I'll wait and see.

Dale doubling down on the rumour in response to Ancel's posts suggests to me it's all the more unlikely as this update strikes me as reactionary, not the least of all because "The game is in development and will release next year" to "The game is only in pre-production and is pencilled in for Summer 2018" is one hell of a correction.

KrawlMan

Nintendo footing the bill?

People don't seem to understand that. It happened with Bayonetta 2, and people still bitched like children.

I don't buy the rumor yet, but if it's true it wouldn't surprise me. It's not like BG&E was a massive success.

JaseC

Michel Ancel refers to the game as "Beyond Good & Evil 2" on his latest Instagram update. Might (slightly) debunk the rumor:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BLvF-a9AYKV/?taken-by=michelancel

And the Switch has been announced and yet there's no CG trailer or indeed any new acknowledgement of BG&E2 at all. The rumour as it was originally reported was clearly false, so this makes strike number two. I think it's time even for Dale herself to put a pin in it.

And the Switch has been announced and yet there's no CG trailer. That makes strike number two. I think it's time even for Dale herself to put a pin in the rumour.

After Laura has been proven right about pretty much everything she reported on NX? C'mon. I imagine this piece was written before she knew the initial reveal would be a 3.5-minute video and not a longer event.

If it's not at the first or second proper Switch Direct, then sure, I might start to doubt this.

JaseC

After Laura has been proven right about pretty much everything she reported on NX? C'mon. I imagine this piece was written before she knew the initial reveal would be a 3.5-minute video and not a longer event.

If it's not at the first or second proper Switch Direct, then sure, I might start to doubt this.

The fact of the matter is that the rumour went from "The game is in development and will release in 2017" to "The game is in pre-production and will release in 2018", and a new trailer didn't surface alongside the Switch reveal as she claimed it would. There is absolutely nothing to support the veracity of the rumour and in fact two rather solid reasons to doubt it.

LordKano

The fact of the matter is that the rumour went from "The game is in development and will release in 2017" to "The game is in pre-production and will release in 2018", and a new trailer didn't surface alongside the Switch reveal as she claimed it would. There is absolutely nothing to support the veracity of the rumour and two very solid reasons to doubt it.

This is a pre-reveal. It's not the full reveal. Wait for it.

MacTag

Banned
The fact of the matter is that the rumour went from "The game is in development and will release in 2017" to "The game is in pre-production and will release in 2018", and a new trailer didn't surface alongside the Switch reveal as she claimed it would. There is absolutely nothing to support the veracity of the rumour and in fact two rather solid reasons to doubt it.
Full reveal is next week going by rumors. LPVG nailed pretty much every aspect of the system design (screen, doc, mini attachable controllers, pro controller, buttons instead of d-pad, flipped buttons/analog orientation, etc), a little leeway is deserved here imo.

JaseC

This is a pre-reveal. It's not the full reveal. Wait for it.

I don't agree with your labels, but apparently you are right that more is to come:

I'll be happy to admit that I spoke too soon if the "full" announcement vindicates the rumour. I'm not above expressing humility.

GDGF

Soothsayer
Bit of a bump, but if the leaks are coming from ubisoft, knowing what we now know makes BG&E for the Switch pretty much a sure thing, right?

Top Bottom